vCash

Teenage skating fans - how many we are?

This place is full of people of ~30 years old and more... (I don't say it's bad, I just wanted to find people in my age) Just wanted to know if I'm not the only one. So, please, reply, if you are!

Banned Member
    vCash
    I WAS a teenage skating fan, until 5 months ago.

What happened?
    Turned 20.

vCash
    There are certainly teenage fans I'm 20 now though

vCash
    Well I'm 17 and I started watching figure skating during the '06 Olympics. I saw Sasha's Sp and remembered becoming a fan of hers. Then the 2007 Worlds came and I saw Asada's fantastic LP. Became a (hardcore) fan. I even made a montage for her. I didn't watch much skating in the '09 season, until the the '10 Olympics came. I watched intesnely and even got my family to watch it every night lol. Why? Because Lysacek is from Naperville which is a few blocks away from me. Rooted for Evan and Mao. Then I saw Davis/White
    's Indian OD..

And here I am now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiazumi View Post
    Well I'm 17 and I started watching figure skating during the '06 Olympics. I saw Sasha's Sp and remembered becoming a fan of hers. Then the 2007 Worlds came and I saw Asada's fantastic LP. Became a (hardcore) fan. I even made a montage for her. I didn't watch much skating in the '09 season, until the the '10 Olympics came. I watched intesnely and even got my family to watch it every night lol. Why? Because Lysacek is from Naperville which is a few blocks away from me. Rooted for Evan and Mao. Then I saw Davis/White
    's Indian OD..

And here I am now.
    I'm just 13 (yeah, I know, I'm verrry young). I've watched figure skating since i was little kid, because my mom watched it too. Sometimes, when I watch some figure skaters old performances, i have that deja vu feeling, because I've seen that performance earlier in my life. I got deeper into figure skating in 2011/12 season. My fav discpline is ice dancing, I am big Virtue/Moir fan, but also like other teams. From ladies my faves are Wagner, Gold, Li and Osmond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
    I'm just 13 (yeah, I know, I'm verrry young). I've watched figure skating since i was little kid, because my mom watched it too. Sometimes, when I watch some figure skaters old performances, i have that deja vu feeling, because I've seen that performance earlier in my life. I got deeper into figure skating in 2011/12 season. My fav discpline is ice dancing, I am big Virtue/Moir fan, but also like other teams. From ladies my faves are Wagner, Gold, Li and Osmond.
    13 is pretty young for a forum dominated by 30+ old timers. It's great to know that there are other younger (by that I mean like 18 and under)fans. Sometimes TBH, I feel like the people here are just so old and were around during Axel Paulsen's time. I know age is just a number, but still.. Did you ever try figure skating lessons or just a fan? A few years ago, I tried figure skating lessons one summer with my friends, but most of us stopped because once school started back we weren't that committed to practicing early and missing school time. Not to mention that it's .
    Last edited by Jiazumi; 04-21-2013 at 01:56 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiazumi View Post
    13 is pretty young for a forum dominated by 30+ old timers. It's great to know that there are other younger (by that I mean like 18 and under)fans. Sometimes TBH, I feel like the people here are just so old and were around during Axel Paulsen's time. I know age is just a number, but still.. Did you ever try figure skating lessons or just a fan? A few years ago, I tried figure skating lessons one summer with my friends, but most of us stopped because once school started back we weren't that committed to practicing early and missing school time. Not to mention that it's .
    I'm just a very big fan, my passion is not skating, but music. I'm studying in my nation's best music school, playing flute and piano. But, I don't know, I have watched fs since I was small, I really feel something about this sport. When I was little, of course, I liked all the dresses more than the sport. But now... I've never felt something like that. Some of the pairs/ice dancers act better like the actors in romantic soap operas! I don't believe in films, but I believe them all. All their performances are just... indescribable. Artistry, music, emotional side... Now, when I'm playing my instruments, I can just think about skating, that helps me. A lot.

I can't explain this. I don't know. If you feel like me sometimes, you'll understand.

Anyways, it's nice to meet you!

vCash
    I'm 18, and skated competitively until last summer. I'll be starting college in the fall and hope to pick up skating again (maybe try for collegiate nationals) as there's a rink on campus. I'm also a pretty hardcore skating fan haha. Nice to meet you all!