Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oubik View Post
    If it wasn´t mentioned before and if my source is correct then the GP selection meeting is set to June 1st. Don´t know where.
    I had mentioned ~June 1st in post #1 and my hearsay info is that the meeting will be held in Tokyo.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Still, it's only just over a week to go. We can hang on for that long!

vCash
    From Zhulin's interview - Bobrova/Soloviev will participate CoR and either NHK or CoC

`We should know better later, but I can tell now it will be Moscow and either China or Japan. Katia and Dima are 3rd in the worlds standings, so we can assume the Americans Davis/White will choose the American Grand Prix, the Canadians Virtue/Moir will choose to skate in Canada, so Katia and Dima can skate in Moscow. Then it's the Americans choosing again, then Canadians and we are getting whatever will be left'

vCash
    Interesting that they won't go for TEB.

vCash
    Not that interesting. Zhulin assumes that TEB will be taken by either D&W or V&M.

vCash
    The Grand Prix competition order this fall is:
    Oct. 18-20 - Skate America, Detroit, Michigan, USA
    Oct. 25-27 - Skate Canada International, Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
    Nov. 1-3 - Cup of China, Beijing, China
    Nov. 8-10 - NHK Trophy, Tokyo, Japan
    Nov. 15-17 - Trophee Bompard, Paris, France
    Nov. 22-24 - Rostelecom Cup, Moscow, Russia

US Figure Skating tweeted today:
    "Tickets for 2013 @HiltonHHonors Skate America will go on sale the same day the participating athletes are named: June 3rd."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Sorry, I was confusing GPF with NHK. TEB is right before CoR, which would be back-to-back competitions for them. Neither CoC nor NHK would be.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    The 3rd now. It seems to be getting later every time I look

And depending on what time on the 3rd, it might even be the 4th for me
    Last edited by misskarne; 05-29-2013 at 01:41 AM.

vCash
    Why can't the ISU just announce the date when the selections are announced? Why should this be such a big seacret?

vCash
    Not the ISU itself, but both the USFSA and Skate Canada have said June 3 now, which is what I was rather assuming anyway -- it's the meeting that's June 1, plus that's a weekend, so Monday seemed like the earliest possibility. Disappointing as it is after all the "June 1"ing about the meeting itself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Sorry, I was confusing GPF with NHK. TEB is right before CoR, which would be back-to-back competitions for them. Neither CoC nor NHK would be.
    I don't see that there is that much of a problem with some back-to-backs. SA and SC, then CoC and NHK, then TEB and CoR. As long as the back-to-back events are in the same continent with minimum travel, it shouldn't be that big a deal.
    What is to be avoided is SC to CoC and NHK to TEB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Not that interesting. Zhulin assumes that TEB will be taken by either D&W or V&M.
    Well, why assume that and not NHK?

Really, I think it'll be the same as it was before P/B podiumed - TEB and SC to V/M, NHK and SA to D/W, leaving CoR and CoC to B/S.

vCash
    The last two seasons, D/W have skated the first (SA) and last (CoR in 2011 and NHK in 2012) GP events. So they may go for CoR rather than TEB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    The last two seasons, D/W have skated the first (SA) and last (CoR in 2011 and NHK in 2012) GP events. So they may go for CoR rather than TEB.
    Yeah, D/W have mentioned several times before how much they enjoy performing in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if they pick NHK again for their second event.

vCash
    Neither D&W nor V&M can do COR, as B&S will surely choose it, unless the Russian fed explicitly invites them (what had to happen for Yuzu & Dai to both be at NHK last year)

D&W have never won TEB
    And they have never competed at all at CoC, let alone won it.
    They like Japan.

We will just have to wait a couple of days to know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    D&W have never won TEB
    D/W haven't competed at TEB since 2007, when they finished 3rd behind B/A and Khokh/Novitski, and that was only their second season on the GP.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Neither D&W nor V&M can do COR, as B&S will surely choose it, unless the Russian fed explicitly invites them (what had to happen for Yuzu & Dai to both be at NHK last year)
    According to the GP rules and tradition, that can only happen because of host picks, because they are chosen first and hosts can choose anyone from their country they wish. Either a host chooses two from the (seed) group, leaving none for another Federation, or, if a host country were to sweep the podium (or spots 4-6, 7-9, or 10-12) but choose three other skaters/teams for the host spots, then another host would have two in same (seed) group.

D&W have never won TEB
    And they have never competed at all at CoC, let alone won it.
    They like Japan.
    If this is D/W's last season, since winning TEB won't give them the complete set, unless Zoueva has a different strategy, or there's a local or endorsement commitment that clashes with NHK, I wouldn't expect changes. If it's really up to the skaters to decide in placement order, D/W could have chosen TEB after they won their last WC (if there were no scheduling conflicts then).
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    will they be announcing the 2016 worlds host together with the assignments?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lexeoe View Post
    will they be announcing the 2016 worlds host together with the assignments?
    I doubt it. ETA: They are 2 different groups - ISU Council (will decide about 2016 Worlds) vs. GP selection meeting folks.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-31-2013 at 03:26 PM.

vCash
    I would be extatic if Meryl and Charlie chose TEB. I don't think they will choose CoC, it's too soon after SA. It's going to be either TEB or NHK and honestly it could go either way. They love Japan, but they competed there last year.

Fingers crossed for TEB.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast