Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    These are just my predictions based mainly that the feds have more of a say than the skaters
    and limited combinations for no consecutive events:

Chan: SC, TEB
    Ten: SA, RC
    Fernandez: COC, NHK
    SC wants Chan, NHK likes Fernandez, Ten gets SA before Fernandez. Chan likes TEB and Ten can talk Russian and visit home after RC
    Then again, NHK might want Ten so there's less competition for their skaters. (not so sure about this one)

Kim: SC, TEB
    Kostner: SA, COC
    Asada: NHK, RC
    Asada gets NHK. The other two probably don't want RC. Kim wants TEB. Setup so no consecutive competitions

V/T: SA, RC
    S/S: COC, TEB
    D/R: SC, NHK
    RC want V/T. SC want D/R. V/T want SA. S/S like early GPs so they get COC. No consecutive competitions

D/W: SA, NHK
    V/M: SC, TEB
    B/S: RC, COC
    I think this one is kind of obvious from fed/preference/no consecutives

vCash
    In this interview (http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/10507.html) V/T announced that they requested SA and NHK, they said these two events fit their training schedule the best. They also announced some time ago they won't do the Russian Cup for the same reason - inconvenient for their schedule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by query5 View Post
    Yuna would like skate america, skate canada, trophee bonbard.
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    Kim: SC, TEB
    Kostner: SA, COC
    Asada: NHK, RC
    Asada gets NHK. The other two probably don't want RC. Kim wants TEB. Setup so no consecutive competitions
    YuNa would like SA, and Kostner is from Europe, so I see Kostner at TEB and YuNa at SA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by npavel View Post
    YuNa would like SA, and Kostner is from Europe, so I see Kostner at TEB and YuNa at SA
    True but Yuna gets first dibs and wouldn't want both SA and SC because they're consecutive and early in the season. Yuna will get TEB.
    So that seeding works and Kostner doesn't have consecutive events. Kostner gets SA and COC.

If V/T want SA and NHK
    D/R get SC and RC
    S/S get COC and TEB

again, just my predictions but I think the Russian fed will try to persuade V/T to take RC
    I remember that S/S like early GP's so kind of sucks for them to get the 3rd GP earliest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    W/P did not want to go up against V/M at SC last year, and they were assigned to SA against D/W and CoC the following week, against P/B and B/S. It didn't work out for them last season, but I don't know why they'd want to go back to competing against V/M.
    their choice ???
    Hope they will reconsider it, it them !
    At sc they wouls have a 2 place and more possibility to the gpf

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ostile17 View Post
    According to Lynn Rutherford Twitter
    Maxim Trankov announced in a Russian interview he and Tatiana Volosozhar will compete at 2013 Skate America.
    oh, interesting !
    i thought they still don't know where they will compete.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tut88 View Post
    their choice ???
    Hope they will reconsider it, it them !
    At sc they wouls have a 2 place and more possibility to the gpf
    The only reasonable better scenario would be competing against B/S and beating them twice, but that's high risk even if they're chosen that way: losing to B/S would be worse than losing against D/W or V/M, since no one expects another team to beat either teams. Skate Canada would be a good choice for them, and I suspect Skate Canada won't choose Chock/Bates, unless forced to by the selection order.

Quote Originally Posted by tut88 View Post
    oh, interesting !
    i thought they still don't know where they will compete.
    The official selection hasn't yet taken place.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave of the North View Post
    Minor picky note - it's Saint John, not St. John...
    It confused me too. I was thinking; Where on earth is Street John.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Re-posting from the Russian news thread yesterday:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    I saw Elena Radionova and her coach today and Elena hopes to get senior GP assignments. She really would love to compete on the senior GP.
    I hope Russia submits her name - IMO, she has nothing left to prove on the JGP.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Re-posting from the Russian news thread yesterday:

I hope Russia submits her name - IMO, she has nothing left to prove on the JGP.
    Wasn't last year the last one where junior can get senior GP before they can go to ISU championships?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Do you mean compete Senior GP and then go to Junior championships? If so, that provision did not pass, and there's no restriction on moving back and forth between Jr./Sr. GP and Jr./Sr. Championships, as long as the skater(s) is age-eligible. The only thing that's changed recently is that Jr. Pairs can no longer participate in both Jr. and Sr. GP.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I mean, she isn't 15 by 1. July this year

vCash
    ^^^ Yes. At 14, Radionova can compete on the Senior Grand Prix this year.

ISU Rule 108:
    Effective July 1st, 2014 the following applies:
    1. Categories of Skaters by Age and Age Entry Requirements for Competitions
    a) The word “Senior” is used in this Rule and in the ISU Statutes to describe certain competitions that have a minimum age entry requirement of fifteen (15) years, determined in each instance by the birthday of the Skater that occurs before the July 1st that immediately precedes the relevant competition.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    ^^^ Yes. At 14, Radionova can compete on the Senior Grand Prix this year.

ISU Rule 108:
    Effective July 1st, 2014 the following applies:
    1. Categories of Skaters by Age and Age Entry Requirements for Competitions
    a) The word “Senior” is used in this Rule and in the ISU Statutes to describe certain competitions that have a minimum age entry requirement of fifteen (15) years, determined in each instance by the birthday of the Skater that occurs before the July 1st that immediately precedes the relevant competition.
    It looks like that rule doesn't kick in until July 2014..does that mean that this year she can still do GP at 14( like Lipnitskaia my summer brain says)
    Last edited by Sedge; 05-19-2013 at 01:58 AM. Reason: addition to note

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedge View Post
    It looks like that rule doesn't kick in until July 2014..does that mean that this year she can still do GP at 14( like Lipnitskaia my summer brain says)
    Correct. I should have been clearer in my earlier post. Radionova turned 14 on January 6, 2013.

vCash
    ok, so this is the last year for a skater who isn't 15 years old to participate at Senior GP. Thank you

vCash
    anyone know how and when we can buy grand prix FINAL tickets???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missychu View Post
    anyone know how and when we can buy grand prix FINAL tickets???
    It's still too early to know much, but someone touched on this topic in the Chan über thread last month: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3900836

ETA that TEB 2013 tickets are on sale: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...c-Bompard-2013

The Skate America and Skate Canada threads in GSD will be bumped up when tickets go on sale (hopefully soon).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-20-2013 at 12:53 AM.

vCash
    Last year the ISU published the 2012-13 Grand Prix Assignments on Monday, May 21st. So we might be seeing the 2013-14 assignments any day now.
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    Last year the ISU published the 2012-13 Grand Prix Assignments on Monday, May 21st. So we might be seeing the 2013-14 assignments any day now.
    This year it seems to be later as pointed out here

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast