Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Tranquillo
    vCash
    I love the mix of skaters and kids. Some are older and competitive skaters and others are young and it's just cute to see them. But some of the older kids who are good skaters now were on when they just sort of toddled around on the ice, and it's great to see them grow and develop over the years.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    This has been such an enjoyable show to watch and I've even enjoyed Sara Evans (not a country fan but she's done a great job). I think the camera work was even better this time around so maybe Disson finally listened to our complaints about showing too much of the singer and not enough of the skating. I thought this was just a really fun show and holy cow, all of those kids are totally adorable!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    That I should live to see Irina Slutskaya in plaid and jeans, skating to fiddle and banjo. She's looking really good. They all are!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Cute kids. Not surprising that the ever adorable Irina has an adorable son. Kurt's kids are performers, just like their parents. It was nice to see the talented daughters of Ilia/Katia, Naomi, and Isabelle/Rocky skate with their parents. Liza looks so much like Ilia. I can't believe Michael Weiss has a fifteen year-old daughter. This show made me feel so old! Paul and Kurt are looking pretty good out there considering they must be close to 50 years old.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    I liked the way they hauled Sara Evans into the middle of the arena so there wasn't so much of a singer focus to the detriment of the skater.

Wish they had aired both of Katia's and Ilia's solos. Ilia's last performance - which was not aired - was stunning.

vCash
    I loved this so much! Gosh I miss these skaters (especially Zimmerman haha) All of the kids are super cute!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Kurt's kids are super cute.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    ITA about missing those skaters! It was really great to see Irina, Paul and Kurt again, and all the kids are growing up fast! I really enjoyed the show.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Weiss Weiss' daughter singing

Both Katia's daughters look like their dads and not like Katia at all.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Yesterday Gabriella Marvaldi and partner Cody Dolkiewicz placed 4th in Novice Pairs Eastern Sectionals. They will be at US Nationals. Congrats to the family.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Congratulations to Gabriella, Cody and their families!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    Congratulations to Gabriella, Cody and their families!
    Ditto - thrilled for Gabriella and her partner. She has a very special presence and I look forward to seeing her skate at Nationals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    Wish they had aired both of Katia's and Ilia's solos. Ilia's last performance - which was not aired - was stunning.
    I wish that Musselman - or someone - could have posted them.
    They shared a couple of clips on YT, but, not those.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Weiss Weiss' daughter singing

ITA. Please spare us Annie Mae Weiss. She's even worse than last year. Everyone else was terrific. Kurt's kids are wonderful. The other progeny rallied. I was shocked to see Naomi had 3 kids. I vaguely remember one. A good show!

vCash
    Cody Dolkiewicz is a good friend as is his entire family. I'll pass along the good wishes!
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    A few thoughts - knowing that keeping any group of kids happy and under control is tough and that from time to time (especially when hours are involved) someone melts down, not here. Our group watched those adorable kids through the dress rehearsal and the show (all the same day). What a fabulous group of children. They all received lots of parent time and the Disson folks (especially Alyssa of the Disson organization) worked with them beautifully - but all those kids did not present one problem that was obvious, amazing! Great kids, great parents.

Yes, Ilia's one non-family, non-Sara Evans solo was gorgeous - a serious, very content-full program to Il Divo's "Nella Fantasia" - beautiful music, beautiful skating. Katia also did a lovely Spanish-themed piece that really worked - lots of style and her jumps are on the upswing - they haven't looked this good in a while. Nice programs.

Skatesindreams - having those chacked items posted somewhere is a great idea - I'm going to suggest it to the Disson folks.
    Last edited by Willowway; 11-25-2013 at 01:07 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by azcalder View Post
    Yesterday Gabriella Marvaldi and partner Cody Dolkiewicz placed 4th in Novice Pairs Eastern Sectionals. They will be at US Nationals. Congrats to the family.
    Thanks for the update. I wish them the very best!

vCash
    Just watched this show and I loved it! So great to see skaters I have followed all these years and their beautiful families. Highlights for me...Paul Wylie's solo and his family Olympic tribute, didn't know his wife was pretty good on skates herself! Loved Kurt's family number, his sons are gorgeous little men and yes, they have their father's performance skills. Probably got some from their lovely mother, too, since she is a ballerina. Katia, Ilia, and Liza were wonderful, Liza sure got their talent! Rocky and Isabelle's daughter was lovely as well, pretty cool watching Rocky lift Gabriella, that was something. All in all, a beautiful, touching show..I'm glad I dvr'd it!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Though I haven't seen her lately and don't know what she looks like now, back in the day I always thought Daria had Sergei's features and Katia's build. Made her fascinating to watch.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Katia remains absolutely stunning.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast