Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Family Skating Tribute show - Nov. 3, 2013 in University Park, PA (Nov. 24 on NBC)

Penn State news article: http://news.psu.edu/story/273885/201...ng-family-show
    UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. -- Award-winning country music singer-songwriter Sara Evans will perform live in a family-themed show featuring figure skating stars Olympic gold medalists Ekaterina Gordeeva and Ilia Kulik, along with many others.

All of the featured performers are parents and their children will be featured in the show.

The show will take place at 5 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 3, at Penn State’s Pegula Ice Arena. Tickets go on sale Tuesday, Sept. 3.

The show will be broadcast nationally on NBC from 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 24. Following the initial telecast, there will be two rebroadcasts of the show on AXS TV, and it will be posted in its entirety on IceNetwork.com, for viewing six months following the initial telecast on NBC.
    Also scheduled to appear:
    Kurt Browning
    Paul Wylie
    Todd Eldredge
    Michael Weiss
    Isabelle Brasseur and Rocky Marval
    John Zimmerman and Silvia Fontana

This Disson Skating show will be sponsored again by Musselman's Apple Sauce.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    This is early to announce one of these shows. I like it, gives you a little time to decide and make plans. Would love to see John Zimmerman and his baby. Are there any new pictures of her?

vCash
    Thank you! Hoping we can make the trip for this one! That would make up for the Family Skating Tribute that was supposed to take place in Atlantic City last fall but was moved to Phoenix, AZ due to Hurricane Sandy.

vCash
    Of all the Disson skating shows, I always enjoy this one the most. It's fun to see the skaters with their young uns.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    I was hoping that it would be in Atlantic City. I actually won 4 tickets to that event..Then came #SANDY.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    I was hoping that it would be in Atlantic City. I actually won 4 tickets to that event..Then came #SANDY.
    Ditto!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebetty View Post
    This is early to announce one of these shows. I like it, gives you a little time to decide and make plans. Would love to see John Zimmerman and his baby. Are there any new pictures of her?

By the time this takes place John Zimmerman will have two babies! I heard Silvia is expecting again, this summer I believe So happy for them!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skamper23 View Post
    By the time this takes place John Zimmerman will have two babies! I heard Silvia is expecting again, this summer I believe So happy for them!
    Congratulations to them!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skamper23 View Post
    Oh, that's fabulous news!

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Congrats to John and Silvia.

vCash
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-10-2013 at 06:35 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Bumping this up to re-post ticket info:
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowway View Post
    Tickets for the Family show will go on public sale Sept. 27. Also, this show will debut the brand new Penn. St. ice rink - their folks just moved into the building last Friday so a pristine, brank spanking new building should be a great experience.
    Family Skating Tribute - event page: http://www.dissonskating.com/our-sho...-tribute-2013/
    This “family-themed” show features a skating of cast of parents, including Ekaterina Gordeeva, Ilia Kulik and more, along with their children, who will be incorporated into at least one of their mom and/or dad’s numbers in the show. Featured guest artist Sara Evans is also a mom, and she will perform a number of songs live during the show.
    Live Show
    Sunday, November 3, 2013
    Time: 5:00 p.m.
    Pegula Ice Arena (at Penn State University)
    University Park, PA
    Scheduled Skaters: Gordeeva, Kulik, Wylie, Browning, Eldredge, Weiss, Brasseur/Marval, Fontana, Zimmerman

NBC Airdate
    Sunday, November 24, 2013
    4:00 – 6:00 PM EST
    Check your local listings!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-18-2013 at 09:42 PM.

vCash
    We're going! This will in part make up for the Family show that was supposed to take place in Atlantic City last November until Hurricane Sandy changed all that, & the show was moved to Phoenix.

vCash
    So great to see Todd in a televised show! A chance to see him skate.
    (Sucks to be a fan of a skater closing on retirement and having to rely on some kind soul to record something from club shows and post on youtube ) So yay! for this event.

vCash
    Wish it was in Atlantic City so I could go (to make up for last year). Alas, the location is out of the way for me (no train stop).

vCash
    Where's the nearest airport ?

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    There's an airport in State College, PA.

vCash
    Thank-you, State College is larger than I imagined. Not sure if things will fall into place to go, but maybe. Count yourself lucky if your other half or friends like skating enough to travel and spend $$ to see a show.

vCash
    Bumping this thread up in case anyone attending today's show feels like sharing some thoughts/impressions/highlights afterwards!

vCash
    I just came back from the show. I loved it!!! It was wonderful to see all the skaters showing off their kids, they sure had a lot to be proud off. The show started with Sara Evans singing while the skaters were introduced, among them: Kurt Browning, Paul Wylie, Isabelle Brasseur and Rocky Marval, John Zimmerman and Silvia Fontana, Naomi Lang, Irina Slutskaya, Katia Gordeeva and Ilia Kulik. However, the first solo number was Steven Cousins' (this was his only number). All the other skaters performed at least 2 numbers (Katia and Ilia had 2 numbers with their daughter and 1 solo each). Also, Michael Weiss (who was the host along Kristi Yamaguchi) performed a number sang by his daughter. Now, the performances I remember the most: Paul Wylie's Olympic Games number (performed with his wife and children), Kurt Browning's French restaurant number (those kids were so cute, they outshine dad), the two Isabelle Brasseur and Rocky Marval's performances (their daughter is wonderful), Katia Gordeeva's performing Carmen, and the last number performed by Katia, Ilia, and their daughter.
    After the show I went to the Meet & Greet session, I was able to get autograph and pictures of most of the skaters. Everybody was really nice and welcoming but I have to say, Kurt Browning was the best, he has a way to make you feel at ease and comfortable. Isabelle Brasseur and Rocky Marval were also very warm and friendly, Isabelle even made sure that I got a good photo and had the patience to wait until I did. Paul Wylie was also very humble and approachable, I didn't realize he had his mouth full when I started talking to him so he apologized for not answering right a way, he was funny, he said something about being really hungry.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast