Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    iggie, congratulations. I can't believe you will get to speak with Tessa and Scott in person.

Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    OMG you are SO lucky! I want to ask them something but I don't know what to say.
    ITA.

I can post till the cows come home (and sometimes feel I go a little overboard) but all of a sudden I have no idea what to ask them.

iggie, I do like the idea for suggestions for an exhibition but aren't V&M's programs from next year done or at least they already know what they are skating to?

I (like a few others) still want to see a really great, edgy, slinky, sultry Blues number. No matter how many years have passed and V&M have done some amazing programs including the epic Carmen, the Blues CD from junior worlds (which doesn't really count as a true program) is still one of my favorites. At the very least, I wish the Blues would have been used as the CD at some point during this quad. As good as the CD was back then, just think of what it would look like now after how much Tessa and Scott have progressed in their technical skill and maturity/expression. I'd also like to see another tango for the same reason.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I feel like I've read something like this in a fanfiction before! now I REALLY want to see the beginning! Does Scott do something like this on top of Tessa? http://youtu.be/XZc0pG2nqU4?t=1m34s
    I loooove that dance. I always wished V&M would work with Travis Wall.

Oh! Maybe I can suggest that through iggie. I think I want to tell them, in a nice way, that I want them to continue in the direction of Carmen as pros, even if they feel silly when everyone else is doing pop songs, because they're just hitting their stride artistically.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    Thanks to everyone who provided links and lola10.

Okay, I wanted to film the performance for you cut I could not find my camera charger. Sorry. I will post this review in installments as it will take some time to gather all my thoughts.

“Stay”-Rihanna

In a word: exquisite. I got emotional during this piece because their bodies so perfectly convey a deep yearning, an intense longing. I was mesmerized by the shapes they created with their bodies and the various tones and nuances they offered within their movement.

I know people are curious about the beginning of this program so I will try to describe it as best I can. Please ask questions if you find my description difficult to understand. The routine begins with Scott lying on his back and Tessa to his right, lying on her side and turned away from him. When the music begins Tessa rolls over and does something like a push-up over Scott (she gets on top of him facing him and gently lowers herself towards him). Then Tessa lies on her back with Scott holding himself above her in a position that mirrors Tessa’s previous one. Tessa then bends her knees and arches her back such that her body rises to almost meet his. In just the opening seconds they offer a compelling narrative and draw you deeper into the story as the program unfolds.
    Perfect description and very "steamy", modern dancish. I had a tear in my eye at the end. The lines they create are magical. Their costumes are very reminicent of SYTYCD routines.

It was truly a delight meeting up with Bournekratzfan and her lovely mother....both beautiful women. BKfan will be able to describe details better than me....methinks her short term memory is considerably better than mine We chatted over coffees after the show and just had a wonderful time. It's so nice to put a face to a terrific poster, and we found out we live only a few blocks away from each other, so we'll have to meet up again next time something like this comes to Kingston .

Sitting rinkside gives a different perspective to the skating........hearing the growling of the skates, seeing the little sweat beads on the skaters, detail of the costumes (which were wonderful btw)

One notation about Tessa is that she (as well as Scott) was totally committed to the choreo and was a "standout" among the women with her beautiful carriage (back and arms) and those beautiful soft knees. The girl can dance. She also proved how "bendy" she is in the "Champions" number.

My overall impression about the show was that it was very slick and well rehearsed with the routines reminding me of sycho skating and very well done. Cudos to Jeff, Roca/Sur, and Kurt........best SOI ever for me.

I'll try to add more as it resurfaces in my nice little teflon brain
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    BTW.......Scott's leather clad butt landed right in front of me at one point and I was temped to give it a little pat . He definitely has a gorgeous physique that a woman of any age can appreciate.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    BTW.......Scott's leather clad butt landed right in front of me at one point and I was temped to give it a little pat . He definitely has a gorgeous physique that a woman of any age can appreciate.
    And you passed on that opportunity How kind of you to be so thoughtful on his account. Scott can be my skating teacher any time he wants since I don't skate very well.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Thank you
    This is all about VM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post

iggie, I do like the idea for suggestions for an exhibition but aren't V&M's programs from next year done or at least they already know what they are skating to?
    That's why I only suggested music for exhibitions

vCash
    Haha! I wonder what his reaction would have been and those around you. Now that's an amusing thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Thanks. That pic of the split lift is everything! I will be so upset if they wouldn't be able to use it.

I wanted to share this vidlet with you guys. It's turned my pessimism to optimism for next season and I won't give up. (I wonder what Scott is thinking as he's staring after Tessa at 1:35).
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    I feel like I've read something like this in a fanfiction before!
    I think I read that one too.

Thanks for the recap BKfan and claire glad you enjoyed the show.

Way to go iggie so exciting! I wish I could contribute something usefull but I really have no idea what I would say. Well nothing they'd wanna answer anyway like 'Tell me what music you're skating to next year damn it!'

vCash
    Guys, how audience like "Stay" and "Carmen"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Haha! I wonder what his reaction would have been and those around you. Now that's an amusing thought.

Thanks. That pic of the split lift is everything! I will be so upset if they wouldn't be able to use it.

I wanted to share this vidlet with you guys. It's turned my pessimism to optimism for next season and I won't give up. (I wonder what Scott is thinking as he's staring after Tessa at 1:35).
    That video just truly shows the deep and loving connection they have for each other. It's not faked, it's not contrived -- it is a living, breathing entity and we are fortunate to be witnesses to such. They really are a gift to skating and I thank them for it.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    From where I was sitting, the audience seemed to receive both numbers extremely well, but then that was the case with most of the numbers because the show was extremely good and there was only one fall amongst all the skaters. However, that being said, Tessa and Scott received a very loud ovation at the beginning of the show along with Patrick. The way things were seguated was nice, one number fades out while the other is starting.......very nice effect. I do believe they received partial standing O's but I'm not sure...BKfan could probably tell you more as she was a bit higher up.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    As far as I could tell the only standing ovation was given to Kurt after 'Singing in the Rain' and then everyone remained standing for the other skaters as they came out. The SOI audiences in general don't seem to stand much for anyone - not like the old days. Could be because of the general age of the fans which undoubtedly is older.

vCash
    Reading all these positive comments on the show has got me excited for Friday!!! Thanks for all the awesome reports!

vCash
    The opening number to "Somebody I Used to Know" by Gotye had me overwhelmed because there were skaters coming out of nowhere.....I was watching a skater out on the ice and then there's Joannie doing a step on and off the boards of the rinkside seats with her umbrella......then they were all over the place.....certainly skater overload for sure......it was a great opener but keep your eyes peeled or you'll miss something as there's so much going on. I hope you have as great a time as we did Daniskates93

Oh yeah.....I got to "hi 5" the skaters at the end...........they all had warm hands
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniskates93 View Post
    Reading all these positive comments on the show has got me excited for Friday!!! Thanks for all the awesome reports!
    Are you going to take photos?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post

okay

let me tell the story. i was talking to a friend about my blog at a coffee shop. he's like, why don't you meet them. i'm like, you know how hard they are to get in touch with? i'm trying. i've been trying to set up a q and a for like a month and nothing's coming from it. pj is going send them a link to my blog post, the debut of carmen. ... a day later, i realized that if i went to the meet and greet, they could be there and therefore i could see them. then i went on a quest to find out how this meet and greet thing worked, only to find out that i was too late. i found out at midnight that the application was closed at 5 p.m.

so then i emailed stars on ice, told them about my blog and why i'd LOVE to see tessa and scott. the next day, i get an email from img. they'll leave me a pre show pass and "Tessa and Scott will try to catch up with you then."

OMG

so what i do with you all? do i say nothing and surprize you with a review you never expected? or do i let you know and we can put something together to give them? i decided ... well, it's obvious.

let's put something together. i'm thinking of a book with different chapters:

- music suggestions for free dance, short dance and/or exhibition and why?
    - well wishes for their last and olympic year
    - thanking them for carmen + this season
    - favourite moments from their career
    - thoughts just for scott
    - thoughts just for tessa

send me something for any category (one, two ... all. your choice) + your name (real name, screen name, your choice) and city.

+

send me Q and A questions too!

and PLEASE do NOT pm me. you'll all max out my pm limit so email me: compulsorydances@gmail.com
    deadline: wednesday at 11 p.m., toronto time. 24 hours. sorry! (ok ... i'll push it to thursday at 3 p.m. but you all need to hustle and you can't all get it to me thursday at 2:59 p.m. okay. so meet the wednesday deadline, you're guaranteed to get in. thursday, not so certain).

make sure your email subject line clearly says what topics your sending me.

this stars on ice thing just became epic.
    This is so exciting! Would love a Q and A with really fun, light questions! I feel at times Tessa and Scott are so skittish around the media and fans that questions about their dances for next year or why they are staying with Marina might alienate them. Loved the fun questions the Russian fans or the Orange Team gave them. Any chance you can video like they did? Have a blast!

vCash
    Wow iggie, you have absolutely scored the big one here! Narrow things down to a few questions and give them copies of your magnificent blog to take away. I'm blanking out on questions but just enjoy, enjoy! And get back to us all on this!

vCash
    Are you going to take photos?
    I'm going with my mum, but I also have a media pass from SOI to photograph the show! Very excited!!!

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast