Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    That was my thought as well. I think it favours them:

http://www.ice-dance.com/main/techni...tions/finnstep

That has V&M written all over it.
    Yes, and so does the description of the Finnstep in that article: it's a dance that resembles "sparkling champagne". That's definitely V/M!

vCash

okay

let me tell the story. i was talking to a friend about my blog at a coffee shop. he's like, why don't you meet them. i'm like, you know how hard they are to get in touch with? i'm trying. i've been trying to set up a q and a for like a month and nothing's coming from it. pj is going send them a link to my blog post, the debut of carmen. ... a day later, i realized that if i went to the meet and greet, they could be there and therefore i could see them. then i went on a quest to find out how this meet and greet thing worked, only to find out that i was too late. i found out at midnight that the application was closed at 5 p.m.

so then i emailed stars on ice, told them about my blog and why i'd LOVE to see tessa and scott. the next day, i get an email from img. they'll leave me a pre show pass and "Tessa and Scott will try to catch up with you then."

OMG

so what i do with you all? do i say nothing and surprize you with a review you never expected? or do i let you know and we can put something together to give them? i decided ... well, it's obvious.

let's put something together. i'm thinking of a book with different chapters:

- music suggestions for free dance, short dance and/or exhibition and why?
    - well wishes for their last and olympic year
    - thanking them for carmen + this season
    - favourite moments from their career
    - thoughts just for scott
    - thoughts just for tessa

send me something for any category (one, two ... all. your choice) + your name (real name, screen name, your choice) and city.

+

send me Q and A questions too!

and PLEASE do NOT pm me. you'll all max out my pm limit so email me: compulsorydances@gmail.com
    deadline: wednesday at 11 p.m., toronto time. 24 hours. sorry! (ok ... i'll push it to thursday at 3 p.m. but you all need to hustle and you can't all get it to me thursday at 2:59 p.m. okay. so meet the wednesday deadline, you're guaranteed to get in. thursday, not so certain).

make sure your email subject line clearly says what topics your sending me.

this stars on ice thing just became epic.
    Last edited by iggie; 04-24-2013 at 02:59 AM. Reason: cherub's suggestion

vCash
    I did actually look at both Finnsteps from 2009. And V and M were better. But only by just over a point. They made a mistake true but D and W lost their timing in the second half. V and M have better carriage in general it is true. But D nad W aren't terrible there either. their issues to me are always the attention to details, their lower body line and unison. Also V and M had better snap and precision and unison and I think speed. But D And W have definitely improved. And I think it will come down to the overall program and the day. The thing is is that D and W rarely make mistakes. And this dance looks like it is asking for them. I felt much better about V and M after watching them on youtube. But it will be an interesting season. I was thinking too the other day if they will use lyrics in their FD. I was thinking that a sexy bluesy number to Unchained melody would suit them. It is sexy and romantic,a classic song and it builds.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post

send me something for any category (one, two ... all. your choice) + your name (real name, screen name, your choice) and city.

and PLEASE do NOT pm me. you'll all max out my pm limit so email me: compulsorydances@gmail.com
    deadline: wednesday at 11 p.m., toronto time. 24 hours. sorry! (ok ... i'll push it to thursday at 3 p.m. but you all need to hustle and you can't all get it to me thursday at 2:59 p.m. okay. so meet the wednesday deadline, you're guaranteed to get in. thursday, not so certain)
    Oh wow... awesome

Do you think you will get an opportunity for some Q&A? Cause someone had posted in an old thread asking what we would ask them if we could, and there were some really good ones. But I'm sure you'll get lots of essays, especially considering how much we all love to write on here.

That's such a nice idea to have separate things for Tessa and for Scott.

vCash
    YES!

send me Q and A questions too. i don't know if i can sit them down for a q and a or if i can ask them to answer them later? maybe a few questions right then?

make sure your email subject lines clearly indicate what the content is ... is it Q and A? Is it a note for tessa? one for scott? especially, if you send it later, make it organized.

i'll go edit the original post.

vCash
    wow! good job iggie! have a great time! nothing to add in particular at the moment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post

okay

let me tell the story. i was talking to a friend about my blog at a coffee shop. he's like, why don't you meet them. i'm like, you know how hard they are to get in touch with? i'm trying. i've been trying to set up a q and a for like a month and nothing's coming from it. pj is going send them a link to my blog post, the debut of carmen. ... a day later, i realized that if i went to the meet and greet, they could be there and therefore i could see them. then i went on a quest to find out how this meet and greet thing worked, only to find out that i was too late. i found out at midnight that the application was closed at 5 p.m.

so then i emailed stars on ice, told them about my blog and why i'd LOVE to see tessa and scott. the next day, i get an email from img. they'll leave me a pre show pass and "Tessa and Scott will try to catch up with you then."

OMG

so what i do with you all? do i say nothing and surprize you with a review you never expected? or do i let you know and we can put something together to give them? i decided ... well, it's obvious.

+

send me Q and A questions too!

deadline: wednesday at 11 p.m., toronto time. 24 hours. sorry! (ok ... i'll push it to thursday at 3 p.m. but you all need to hustle and you can't all get it to me thursday at 2:59 p.m. okay. so meet the wednesday deadline, you're guaranteed to get in. thursday, not so certain).

make sure your email subject line clearly says what topics your sending me.

this stars on ice thing just became epic.
    OMG you are SO lucky! I want to ask them something but I don't know what to say.

vCash
    breathe people. get your thoughts together and let's make this epic!

vCash
    Oh wow! How cool! I'm not sure what to say to them. I feel like I already spilled my guts to them in the book Jess gave them. But I might have a question--why are you guys staying in Canton? J/K...or am I? No, but seriously I'll think of a good one and send it to you. How exciting this is I'm so happy for you!

ETA: I think I know what else I can say. I can write to Tessa how freaking amazing she is. And Carmen. thank you for doing this Misha.

ETA2: I just send you a question. When/if I think of something else I'll send that too!
    Last edited by Shayii; 04-24-2013 at 03:56 AM.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Yep. It's the world champs number.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

YEAH!
    vCash
    She reminds me so much of Sasha Cohen there. Sasha did a number for Soi with a bunch of the guy skaters and did a really similar lift. She even has a Sasha ponytail!

vCash
    Welcome back, chantilly! Thanks for sharing your observations with us.

and wow, iggie! What a wonderful opportunity! Thank you for extending this invitation to us!

Okay, just got back from the show. Let me tell you, clarie is lovely, lovely, lovely! I am so happy to have had the chance to meet, and I hope we can do this again soon. I can't wait to read her reports.
    I want to tell you so many things, but the excitement kind of takes over and it is hard to remember it all! There was just so much to take in. I will do the best I can.
    I will try to collect my thoughts. Before I say anything else, I do want to remind those who are considering attending the show to take advantage of this offer for CAA members. My mother and I received a 25% discount on our tickets by taking advantage of this promotion. Also, check the seats they are offering at the various price levels, because I had intended to buy tickets at mid-level pricing but they ended up being pretty much the same as the lowest price option so we elected to go for the latter and ended up paying less than $30 each. I have yet to see any groupon deals, but will keep my eyes open for them and report back.

vCash
    I can't wait to see you guys reports!

vCash
    Ahh you're so lucky Misha!!!!

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Last edited by rainbowkisses; 04-24-2013 at 05:27 AM.

vCash
    Thanks to everyone who provided links and lola10.

Okay, I wanted to film the performance for you cut I could not find my camera charger. Sorry. I will post this review in installments as it will take some time to gather all my thoughts.

“Stay”-Rihanna

In a word: exquisite. I got emotional during this piece because they so perfectly conveyed a deep yearning, an intense longing. I was mesmerized by the shapes they created with their bodies and the various tones and nuances they offered within their movement.

I know people are curious about the beginning of this program so I will try to describe it as best I can. Please ask questions if you find my description difficult to understand. The routine begins with Scott lying on his back and Tessa to his right, lying on her side and turned away from him. When the music begins Tessa rolls over and does something like a push-up over Scott (she gets on top of him facing him and gently lowers herself towards him). Then Tessa lies on her back with Scott holding himself above her in a position that mirrors Tessa’s previous one. Tessa then bends her knees and arches her back such that her body rises to almost meet his. In just the opening seconds they offer a compelling narrative and draw you deeper into the story as the program unfolds.
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 04-25-2013 at 05:01 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    The routine begins with Scott lying on his back and Tessa to his right, lying on her side and turned away from him. When the music begins Tessa rolls over and does something like a push-up over Scott (she gets on top of him facing him and gently lowers herself towards him). Then Tessa lies on her back with Scott holding himself above her in a position that mirrors Tessa’s previous one. Tessa then bends her knees and arches her back such that her body rises to almost meet his. In just the opening seconds they offer a compelling narrative and draw you deeper into the story as the program unfolds.
    I feel like I've read something like this in a fanfiction before! now I REALLY want to see the beginning! Does Scott do something like this on top of Tessa? http://youtu.be/XZc0pG2nqU4?t=1m34s
    Last edited by parapluies; 04-24-2013 at 07:24 AM.

vCash

Okay, I wanted to film the performance for you cut I could not find my camera charger. Sorry. I will post this review in installments as it will take some time to gather all my thoughts.

“Stay”-Rihanna

In a word: exquisite. I got emotional during this piece because their bodies so perfectly convey a deep yearning, an intense longing. I was mesmerized by the shapes they created with their bodies and the various tones and nuances they offered within their movement.

I know people are curious about the beginning of this program so I will try to describe it as best I can. Please ask questions if you find my description difficult to understand. The routine begins with Scott lying on his back and Tessa to his right, lying on her side and turned away from him. When the music begins Tessa rolls over and does something like a push-up over Scott (she gets on top of him facing him and gently lowers herself towards him). Then Tessa lies on her back with Scott holding himself above her in a position that mirrors Tessa’s previous one. Tessa then bends her knees and arches her back such that her body rises to almost meet his. In just the opening seconds they offer a compelling narrative and draw you deeper into the story as the program unfolds.
    this reminds me of one movement katia did in vocalise at the beginning when she was lying on ice away from sergei, then doing a move similar to that one described to get herself up from the ice. Bournekraatzfan, if you remember that move in vocalise, is it similar to what tessa is doing?

vCash

“Stay”-Rihanna

In a word: exquisite. I got emotional during this piece because their bodies so perfectly convey a deep yearning, an intense longing. I was mesmerized by the shapes they created with their bodies and the various tones and nuances they offered within their movement.

Whoa. The further I read, the "redder" my face got lol. Awesome thanks so much for sharing. Can't wait to read the rest.

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast