Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Love the outfits!

vCash
    I love those outfits too! Is anybody here going to the Ottawa show (or they're probably already their)?
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    hm. sorry to say, but this year's soi is letting me down from the epic-ness of last year. last year, we were innundated with content that was so amazing that i had to go see it, not just for tessa and scott. now, not so much. i see that alice in wonderland-esque photo and i just think, eh.

hopefully, i can say this, get that out of my system so that when i see the show on friday, i'm over it and i can write about other things for my review.
    Last edited by iggie; 04-21-2013 at 09:19 PM.

vCash
    Iggie, why do you think this year group numbers will be worst, then last year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    hm. sorry to say, but this year's soi is letting me down from the epic-ness of last year. last year, we were innundated with content that was so amazing that i had to go see it, not just for tessa and scott. now, not so much. i see that alice in wonderland-esque photo and i just think, eh.

hopefully, i can say this, get that out of my system so that when i see the show on friday, i'm over it and i can write about other things for my review.
    Really? The Alice in Wonderland pic actually makes me want to see it desperately. I think it's because we're not getting as much content like we did last year. And I'm absolutely expecting you to give us every single little detail from the show on Friday. Please and thank you!
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    last year seemed more cohesive, had a concept behind it, had spectular i-haven't-seen-this-kind-of-amazingness-in-5-years!!! kind of choreography for just about every single number (think up! the men's group number, rolling in the deep, dog days are over), were more my style (guess i'm not one for quirky, alice in wonderland stuff).
    Last edited by iggie; 04-21-2013 at 09:45 PM.

vCash
    We didnt have a lot off rewievs yet. I hope you will enjoy all show, Misha
    But its hard to do masterpiece every season. This season CSOI have Patrick, D-R and Kerrs.

vCash
    lol ... i hope so too.

vCash
    Hmmm, sorry you don't seem to think you will like this year's SOI. Having seen/watched SS doing his Mad Hatter routine a couple years ago, I could see myself likely enjoying this particular direction. However, I'd have to agree that likely not everything that gets choreographed is always to my liking. However, given that it's figure skating and WHO is skating, I think you might still find some enjoyment in it. At least I hope you do.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    last year seemed more cohesive, had a concept behind it, had spectular i-haven't-seen-this-kind-of-amazingness-in-5-years!!! kind of choreography for just about every single number (think up! the men's group number, rolling in the deep, dog days are over), were more my style (guess i'm not one for quirky, alice in wonderland stuff).
    hey, at least you get to go to the show! the rest of us would be lucky to have blurry videos at best

vCash
    it's not an opinion that's set in stone ... i'd be happy to come back and say that i ended up loving it.

vCash
    While I'm not sure if there's a theme like last year, the recurring umbrellas in the show is for Kurt -- "Singing in the Rain" --, because this is his last SOI tour.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fort View Post
    While I'm not sure if there's a theme like last year, the recurring umbrellas in the show is for Kurt -- "Singing in the Rain" --, because this is his last SOI tour.
    It's his last tour for CSOI? I thought it was only his last tour for the USA SOI.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fort View Post
    Awwww, i didn't know that. That is so sad The umbrellas are a fitting tribute.

Thank you for all the pics, PEZazzz! I can't wait to look through them!

ETA: i really enjoyed looking through those. Ashley looks fierce in that last one! I can't wait to see the group numbers, in particular.
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 04-22-2013 at 02:47 AM.

vCash
    Well, I guess we are the lucky ones, to get to see Kurt's "swan song". I remember him when he had hair, and said he "needed a hug" after screwing up his Olympic program so long ago. He certainly will be missed.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    It's his last tour for CSOI? I thought it was only his last tour for the USA SOI.
    Yes, but the group performances were choreographed for the US tour. Sorry for the confusion there!

vCash
    World champs. SOI performance http://youtu.be/coTTZQ9GNRE

vCash

vCash

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast