Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Thank you!
    Oh,
    “When we decided on Mahler, it really just fell in our laps,” Moir said. “We heard it once and it felt magical to us. We knew right away that's what we were going to skate to at the Olympics. This time, it took a fair bit more time and I thought that was great, too. It shows we're more mature and we've been around the block and aren't going to fall in love with the first thing we hear.
    Interesting, this mean they didnt take what Marina gave to them first?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    So wait they are competing at worlds after all? Also whats with the caption to the picture? "Scott Moir and Tessa Virtue will not be competing at the Canadian championships this weekend."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    So wait they are competing at worlds after all? Also whats with the caption to the picture? "Scott Moir and Tessa Virtue will not be competing at the Canadian championships this weekend."
    They are nt sure. I think this mean all will depen rom OG results.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Thank you!
    Oh,
    Interesting, this mean they didnt take what Marina gave to them first?
    I suppose it could also mean they didn't immediately fall in love with what she gave them and needed time to get used to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I suppose it could also mean they didn't immediately fall in love with what she gave them and needed time to get used to it.
    Oh no I hope not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I felt they try not one music and found, what they like more.
    “I was really happy with the process this time.”
    If they will be happy, we will see this in there skating. When they are happy, they are shining
    I could only ask - guys, enjoy your programs and dont care what people will talk about it.

vCash
    Yes. They also seemed really happy with the way they approached the SD so we should see that in their skating.

vCash
    First of all thanks to marikat for posting the new article. I actually got the same impression that Pani did when I read that it took them awhile to find the music. In the last lfp article I remembered being confused when they said there that they didn't have their music yet, though Marina had already said she had everybody's music picked out, so I took that to mean whatever Marina had chosen wasn't clicking. Anyways I can't even imagine what it could be, but I'm glad they're happy. I hope their golf charity is successful.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    First of all thanks to marikat for posting the new article. I actually got the same impression that Pani did when I read that it took them awhile to find the music. In the last lfp article I remembered being confused when they said there that they didn't have their music yet, though Marina had already said she had everybody's music picked out, so I took that to mean whatever Marina had chosen wasn't clicking. Anyways I can't even imagine what it could be, but I'm glad they're happy. I hope their golf charity is successful.
    Hope they didnht made Marina unhappy

YEAH!
    vCash
    Well at least they're not ruling out going back to Worlds, so that's something.

I think they're just saying they did a lot of research this time, listening to a lot of pieces... I don't get any sense of whether Marina picked it or not. I won't assume either way.

I really like Tessa's dress in that photo. Is that from one of the CDs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Well at least they're not ruling out going back to Worlds, so that's something.

I think they're just saying they did a lot of research this time, listening to a lot of pieces... I don't get any sense of whether Marina picked it or not. I won't assume either way.

I really like Tessa's dress in that photo. Is that from one of the CDs?
    She was in this dress in Mahler at 2009 SC. And i think it was her old dress from CDs. I love that dress.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Hope they didnht made Marina unhappy
    Lol, uh-oh. Yes they should be kissing her feet and treating her like a queen, just stay on her good side lol.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Lol, uh-oh. Yes they should be kissing her feet and treating her like a queen, just stay on her good side lol.

If they didtn want to use, what she gave them, they must be ready - DW will have all her passion in there programs
    From other hand, they always could change FD, like DW made every season. And they Scott will born in something

vCash
    I may be wrong but wasnt all the music already decided in the past? Maybe they dont want another Carmen with Igor giving it to another of his pupils.

The main thing is as Pani says if they are happy with the music it will show.
    I just dont want them to tax themselves too much and make the program too difficult . Something crisp but beautiful that displays their lines and special connection is what I hope for.

vCash
    So what does everyone think they chose? I wish they gave us a hint I hope they made a good decision

vCash
    Didn't they already say it as going to be "classical" and "elegant" ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    Didn't they already say it as going to be "classical" and "elegant" ?
    It seems as if they have hinted they will go in that direction but always point out it won't be Mahler, that they've matured as skaters since that. I also think something classical and elegant is not a bad contrast to their Carmen FD. Mahler (classical, elegnant, naive) --> latin FD (pure dance with great latin flair) --> Funny Face (musical story) --> Carmen (innovative, exciting, daring twist on a classic story) --> ??? classical, elegant, mature would complete the circle

vCash
    Didn't they say that Jennifer Swan will help to choreograph their programs from the beginning this time. She might have given them some (music) ideas as well, so they had more options. Virtue and Moir would have been naive to only consider the ones given by Marina Zoueva. It is their last season, so the music has to be as great as their extradionary journey. Additionally, Swan knows them the longest and what they have been through, maybe even better than Zoueva. She might be able to actually understand and translate their special something.

I am pleased they took their time and did not jump on the first piece of music proposed to them. This season is to special to create nothing short of spectacular. And when they are happy with their choice, then it is not the wrong music at all.

vCash
    Leanna Caron The new President of Skate Canada.

https://twitter.com/SkateCanada/stat...25968498675713

Who is Leanna Caron?

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast