Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 1006
  1. #781

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,853
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Lol I'm pretty sure they were joking Doris. (Except Carmen, nobody can convince me that was just a coincidence, but I doubt C/L had anything to do with that, that's all Igor). Anyways C/L are one of my favorite teams too.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

  2. #782
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,485
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Lol I'm pretty sure they were joking Doris. (Except Carmen, nobody can convince me that was just a coincidence, but I doubt C/L had anything to do with that, that's all Igor). Anyways C/L are one of my favorite teams too.
    I too like CL. And I think it was spite and did them a disservice.

  3. #783

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Staring at the ocean, anywhere anytime
    Posts
    9,672
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4440
    I also rather think the Carmen was Igor, not C&L, and I was sorry to see it. I'm very fond of C&L, not to mention P&B. Whoever wins the 3 Oly medals this year, I'll be sorry for the ones left out.

    D&W don't need C&L to use their music though. They already have Sinitsina & Zhiganshin (in the last 3 seasons, Samson & Delilah, Phantom of the Opera, and a tango, but not one D&W used.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruslan_Zhiganshin#Programs

  4. #784
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

  5. #785

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,566
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    I also rather think the Carmen was Igor, not C&L, and I was sorry to see it. I'm very fond of C&L, not to mention P&B. Whoever wins the 3 Oly medals this year, I'll be sorry for the ones left out.

    D&W don't need C&L to use their music though. They already have Sinitsina & Zhiganshin (in the last 3 seasons, Samson & Delilah, Phantom of the Opera, and a tango, but not one D&W used.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruslan_Zhiganshin#Programs
    Doris. i know this. And Vika have such elegance and beautie I wish S-Zh will be in Team Russia in next season.
    And i was joking about DW music.
    But for sure Igor did so much pressure on VM this season. But hope after they lost gold medal at WCh he left them along

  6. #786
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    106
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I don't see the point in listing who did whose music. Quite honestly, there is always at least one tango program each season and the other two belong into the category "Figure Skating war horses".
    Carmen belongs there as well, still I think it was unfair from Shpilband to give this music to Capellini and Lanotte. For sure Capellini/ Lanotte had no idea that Virtue and Moir are using it but Shpilband might have. In the end, it did not help them. Their Carmen was nice, but that's it! A lot of critics and commentors saw Virtue and Moir's Carmen as far suprior for the simple reason that Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir became their character and it was a masterpiece in its conception, choreography and performance. That is why extremely happy that they work with Jennifer Swan again, she goes the extra mile with them.
    Shpilband might consider his next move carefully so his skaters do not look inferior again.

  7. #787

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,566
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    BTW, in 2011 CL used th same music with DW "La Strada" for FD and at the end DW chage there FD to DF.

  8. #788
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    945
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lola10 View Post
    I don't see the point in listing who did whose music. Quite honestly, there is always at least one tango program each season and the other two belong into the category "Figure Skating war horses".
    Carmen belongs there as well, still I think it was unfair from Shpilband to give this music to Capellini and Lanotte. For sure Capellini/ Lanotte had no idea that Virtue and Moir are using it but Shpilband might have. In the end, it did not help them. Their Carmen was nice, but that's it! A lot of critics and commentors saw Virtue and Moir's Carmen as far suprior for the simple reason that Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir became their character and it was a masterpiece in its conception, choreography and performance. That is why extremely happy that they work with Jennifer Swan again, she goes the extra mile with them.
    Shpilband might consider his next move carefully so his skaters do not look inferior again.
    Yes! It almost seemed like he was trying to sabotage C/L by giving them Carmen.

  9. #789

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Usually in the D/W thread
    Posts
    5,060
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    443
    Sabotage? Hmm, they were 3rd in the FD. Pretty good, I'd say.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

  10. #790

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Staring at the ocean, anywhere anytime
    Posts
    9,672
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4440
    True. I mean who would expect C&L to have an FD scoring higher than 3rd place this last season? I think Carmen did very, very well for C&L.

  11. #791

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,853
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Yes! It almost seemed like he was trying to sabotage C/L by giving them Carmen.
    I doubt that was his motive. He was most likely expecting a different version of Carmen than the one V/M presented and probably hoped people would pan that version, while praising the one he made for C/L. Anyways I wish there was current news on Tessa and Scott.

  12. #792
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,485
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    True. I mean who would expect C&L to have an FD scoring higher than 3rd place this last season? I think Carmen did very, very well for C&L.
    Was it Igor's politicking?
    Was it the fact that p&B and W P were not 100%?

  13. #793

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,566
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I doubt that was his motive. He was most likely expecting a different version of Carmen than the one V/M presented and probably hoped people would pan that version, while praising the one he made for C/L. Anyways I wish there was current news on Tessa and Scott.
    I think T-S maybe will go to vacation soon. So maybe we will have news in best case in August. And maybe some photos from golf competition from Ilderton.

  14. #794

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,566
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Was it Igor's politicking?
    Was it the fact that p&B and W P were not 100%?
    Shpilband did Carmen for C-L (and they said after SC he said them change FD to Carmen in summer) for use VM choreo for it. Then VM must change there FD in August. And not only change, but made it more difficult. Thats all.
    Dont forget, B-S too third place at WCh. Emdee, what do you think about BS perfomance in FD at WCh?

  15. #795

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,921
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    227

  16. #796

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,853
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Oh thank you, that was like on cue with my request. At first I was going to look up the price of the Greta Constantine dress, but I don't think I want to know lol. And I'm thinking the fundraiser they're going to talk about is the golf one.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

  17. #797

  18. #798
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    424
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I believe Shpilband's choice of Carmen for C&L had more to do with trying to aid D&W last year. It successfully deflected attention away from the V&M / D&W comparison and onto V&M / C&L. It also forced V&M to change their choreography in mid-training with the result they weren't sharp in their first outing and seemed never to have quite caught up with their training mates. It was actually quite a clever manoeuver on his part.

  19. #799

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,566
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    I believe Shpilband's choice of Carmen for C&L had more to do with trying to aid D&W last year. It successfully deflected attention away from the V&M / D&W comparison and onto V&M / C&L. It also forced V&M to change their choreography in mid-training with the result they weren't sharp in their first outing and seemed never to have quite caught up with their training mates. It was actually quite a clever manoeuver on his part.
    Thanks to him - with his help we had chance to see masterpiece FD. He pushed VM to show there full potential, there different artistic side, to work with another choreograhper, to show more difficult transtions. So maybe he worked for VM? Maybe it was a plan to stimulate them to do more, then they did before? Because there coaches know, what they could to show, so it will be sad, if they will never try to create this "Carmen".

    Hope for next season they know, what to do and will not change nothing. And will not try something what judges ask to do.

  20. #800
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    945
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I doubt that was his motive.
    I know that's why I said seem.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    I believe Shpilband's choice of Carmen for C&L had more to do with trying to aid D&W last year. It successfully deflected attention away from the V&M / D&W comparison and onto V&M / C&L. It also forced V&M to change their choreography in mid-training with the result they weren't sharp in their first outing and seemed never to have quite caught up with their training mates. It was actually quite a clever manoeuver on his part.
    Whoa! and some of you guys want T/S to move to him?

    " She was photographed at the Heart Truth Fashion Show (an annual event that raises awareness about women’s risk for cardiovascular disease). "

    Can Tessa get anymore awesome
    Last edited by parapluies; 05-25-2013 at 12:22 AM.

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •