Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 1006
  1. #761
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    106
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Just in my defence: I have never said she is an angel (actually quite the opposite), I just have a hard time with pointing fingers at somebody we hardly know. I was lucky enough to see them at the TEB 2011. Before they went on the ice for the FD, Tessa seemed somehow nervous and all of the sudden, Marina started dancing around with Tessa, kind of spinning her to cheer her up.
    I also mentioned that there is a double standard applied them. Someone mentioned somewhere that there seems to be "The ISU Rulebook for Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir", I think that pretty much sums it up.

    And there is a difference between being realistic and absolute negative. I would dare say I am quite a realistic person, otherwise I wouldn't even study right now, but I am still optimistic about many things. It can go hand in hand. Sometimes those "gloomy" posts just outweigh the posts about their skating or skating-relating topics or how they are one of the best Ice Dancers ever as well as the very best Ice Dancers of their generation by a country mile and then some . I don't think we are whiny but at times we sound like a bunch of bitching teenagers.

    However, here are a lot of beautiful pictures from Stars on Ice in Toronto and Hamilton. It is organised by skaters instead of programs: http://www.scratchspin.com/2013/csoi13/csoi13.shtml

  2. #762
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    1,056
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lola10 View Post
    Just in my defence: I have never said she is an angel (actually quite the opposite), I just have a hard time with pointing fingers at somebody we hardly know. I was lucky enough to see them at the TEB 2011. Before they went on the ice for the FD, Tessa seemed somehow nervous and all of the sudden, Marina started dancing around with Tessa, kind of spinning her to cheer her up.
    I also mentioned that there is a double standard applied them. Someone mentioned somewhere that there seems to be "The ISU Rulebook for Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir", I think that pretty much sums it up.

    And there is a difference between being realistic and absolute negative. I would dare say I am quite a realistic person, otherwise I wouldn't even study right now, but I am still optimistic about many things. It can go hand in hand. Sometimes those "gloomy" posts just outweigh the posts about their skating or skating-relating topics or how they are one of the best Ice Dancers ever as well as the very best Ice Dancers of their generation by a country mile and then some . I don't think we are whiny but at times we sound like a bunch of bitching teenagers.

    However, here are a lot of beautiful pictures from Stars on Ice in Toronto and Hamilton. It is organised by skaters instead of programs: http://www.scratchspin.com/2013/csoi13/csoi13.shtml
    Tessa's leg extension http://www.scratchspin.com/2013/csoi13/13011332.jpg
    http://www.scratchspin.com/2013/csoi13/13010698.jpg
    She looks soo happy!
    Scott too! http://www.scratchspin.com/2013/csoi13/13020494.jpg
    https://twitter.com/SportsWkndScott/...04779648430080 Look Tessa and Scott in the background!
    Last edited by parapluies; 05-22-2013 at 06:58 PM.

  3. #763

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,731
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    How do you think, is this new interview?

  4. #764

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,731
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Yup time for life without FS and that is precisely what I will be doing for the next little while.
    Pani May 2 4 weekend is important for us as its the first weekend of good weather in Ontario so we van garden. But I was away so my garden is full of weeds and lots of work there.
    Then I think as July comes in I will probably start to watch all the old T&S videos to get me into the mood for the yseason.
    I will also probably go for the Thornhill ice dance show. I think thats where they debuted their program before the last olys and hope they go there ( 5 minutes drive from home) for the sake of tradition....
    Yes, Tessa and Scott showed Mahler in August at Thornhill classic. It was sensation. In any case.you will see few interesting ice dance teams.
    Look, like Shpilband group will have debute in Lake Placid. I read in Gorshkov interview.Rayzaniva-Tkachenko.want.to do this.

  5. #765

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Staring at the ocean, anywhere anytime
    Posts
    9,867
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11372
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Yes, Tessa and Scott showed Mahler in August at Thornhill classic. It was sensation. In any case.you will see few interesting ice dance teams.
    Look, like Shpilband group will have debute in Lake Placid. I read in Gorshkov interview.Rayzaniva-Tkachenko.want.to do this.

    I have to figure out how to get to LPIDC this year if Igor's school is there: (C&L, C&B, R&T, T&S, and P&B especially)

    Unfortunately, when it gets to the point, it will probably be C&J only.

  6. #766

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,731
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    I have to figure out how to get to LPIDC this year if Igor's school is there: (C&L, C&B, R&T, T&S, and P&B especially)

    Unfortunately, when it gets to the point, it will probably be C&J only.
    Who is T&S?
    I am sure PB will show there programs in October at French Masters.
    But C-B, RT and K-G-Sh could be there.

  7. #767
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    1,056
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Seems like V/M and Jen Swan had made an impact on FS this season. http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    So I guess now we can say V/M had a pretty succesful season

  8. #768

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,731
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Seems like V/M and Jen Swan had made an impact on FS this season. http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    So I guess now we can say V/M had a pretty succesful season
    O, there are so many Carmens every season.... Plus he is talking about modern music arrengment, not about modern choreo.

  9. #769
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    106
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Seems like V/M and Jen Swan had made an impact on FS this season. http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    So I guess now we can say V/M had a pretty succesful season
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    O, there are so many Carmens every season.... Plus he is talking about modern music arrengment, not about modern choreo.
    Well, we don't know until we see what he is actually doing, but his words are the same that Tessa and Scott used prior to last season so maybe he was inspired by them. It would somehow be cool when skaters start to go into the direction of Virtue and Moir in terms of taking risks and trying new things. Definitely showing certain Organisation who actually has an impact on Figure Skating.

  10. #770
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    1,056
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    O, there are so many Carmens every season.... Plus he is talking about modern music arrengment, not about modern choreo.
    I am pretty sure he was still inspired by Tessa and Scott even if its just alittle bit. I wonder how many modern Carmens there will be next season

    SOI photos http://davecskatingphoto.com/photos_...i-halifax.html

  11. #771

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,731
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Its Lorie inspired by her work with Caro and her modern Bolero. I love this LP and hope she will use it for next season.

  12. #772

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    21
    Posts
    346
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3015
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Yes, Tessa and Scott showed Mahler in August at Thornhill classic. It was sensation. In any case.you will see few interesting ice dance teams.
    Look, like Shpilband group will have debute in Lake Placid. I read in Gorshkov interview.Rayzaniva-Tkachenko.want.to do this.
    I certainly hope this happens again, as I'm the vendor photographer for this event again this year! Which means that I'll get to see their olympic programs twice (insert happy dance here)!

  13. #773
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Who is T&S?
    I am sure PB will show there programs in October at French Masters.
    But C-B, RT and K-G-Sh could be there.
    Tobias and Stagiunas from Lithuania.

  14. #774

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,731
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Tobias and Stagiunas from Lithuania.
    Thanks!
    Especially if Igor will use VM music again, his teams will be in LP for sure

  15. #775
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    1,056
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Thanks!
    Especially if Igor will use VM music again, his teams will be in LP for sure
    He will probably give C/L Mahler and they can scratch that off their "list of music V/M have used that we haven't danced to yet"

  16. #776
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,571
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    He will probably give C/L Mahler and they can scratch that off their "list of music V/M have used that we haven't danced to yet"
    Maybe C&L will do a modern dance Mahler!

  17. #777
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    1,056
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Maybe C&L will do a modern dance Mahler!
    Then they'll be killing 2 birds with 1 stone

  18. #778

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Staring at the ocean, anywhere anytime
    Posts
    9,867
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11372
    This is a bit hard on C&L. Cappellini & Lanotte have been competing together since the 2005-2006 season. Only twice have they used music that Tessa and Scott have also used, and one of those programs was Carmen which many, many teams have used at one time or another, and will use again. The other program the teams both used was Umbrellas of Cherbourg.

    C&L's Umbrellas of Cherbourg (an all instrumental version, mostly to "I will wait for you," which is the main theme of the movie, and if a team is going to do Umbrellas, IWWFY almost has to be included)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjQXgza8PGU

    Tessa & Scott's Umbrellas of Cherbourg (a very different set of cuts with lots of vocals, including a sung version of IWWFY)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRjqNbM9RHM

    So as copycats, I don't think you can particularly indict C&L. I don't think it's clear that C&L deliberately wanted to set up head to head duelling Carmen FDs since Tessa & Scott's Carmen started as a short dance while C&L's was always an FD.


    Here is C&L's program list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Ca...i#With_Lanotte

    FD
    2013 Carmen
    2012 La Strada
    2011 (Two different FD programs were used) Umbrellas of Cherbourg/Melody Gardot Our Love is Easy/Goodnite
    2010 Requiem for a Dream
    2009 Love Story
    2008 La Traviata
    2007 I've Got Rhythm
    2006 This is a Man's World/Wring that Neck

    OD
    2013 Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
    2012 Volveras
    2011 Que Sera, Sera/Girls, Girls Girls
    2010 Torna a Surriento/Tanatella La Danza
    2009 Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen/Tarantella La Danza
    2008 Bubamara
    2007 Tango Oblivion/Violentango
    2006 Historia de un Amour/Cupacapra

  19. #779

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,731
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Do you really think we didn't know CL music list?
    And UoS was copy of VM FD. In Moscow we was joking Morozov did choreo from YouTube.
    Honestly I hope this season Shpilband will stop put all his pressure on CM and will give DW FD music to PB

  20. #780
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    1,056
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    This is a bit hard on C&L. Cappellini & Lanotte have been competing together since the 2005-2006 season. Only twice have they used music that Tessa and Scott have also used, and one of those programs was Carmen which many, many teams have used at one time or another, and will use again. The other program the teams both used was Umbrellas of Cherbourg.

    C&L's Umbrellas of Cherbourg (an all instrumental version, mostly to "I will wait for you," which is the main theme of the movie, and if a team is going to do Umbrellas, IWWFY almost has to be included)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjQXgza8PGU

    Tessa & Scott's Umbrellas of Cherbourg (a very different set of cuts with lots of vocals, including a sung version of IWWFY)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRjqNbM9RHM

    So as copycats, I don't think you can particularly indict C&L. I don't think it's clear that C&L deliberately wanted to set up head to head duelling Carmen FDs since Tessa & Scott's Carmen started as a short dance while C&L's was always an FD.


    Here is C&L's program list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Ca...i#With_Lanotte

    FD
    2013 Carmen
    2012 La Strada
    2011 (Two different FD programs were used) Umbrellas of Cherbourg/Melody Gardot Our Love is Easy/Goodnite
    2010 Requiem for a Dream
    2009 Love Story
    2008 La Traviata
    2007 I've Got Rhythm
    2006 This is a Man's World/Wring that Neck

    OD
    2013 Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
    2012 Volveras
    2011 Que Sera, Sera/Girls, Girls Girls
    2010 Torna a Surriento/Tanatella La Danza
    2009 Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen/Tarantella La Danza
    2008 Bubamara
    2007 Tango Oblivion/Violentango
    2006 Historia de un Amour/Cupacapra
    I was only joking. I actually felt bad for them when I heard they were going to skate to Carmen. Especially after V/M at Wch.

    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Do you really think we didn't know CL music list?
    And UoS was copy of VM FD. In Moscow we was joking Morozov did choreo from YouTube.
    Honestly I hope this season Shpilband will stop put all his pressure on CM and will give DW FD music to PB
    I wouldn't besurprised. It is Morozov we're talking about.
    Last edited by parapluies; 05-24-2013 at 08:40 AM.

Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •