Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Can you please post the tweet from cdnolympicteam? I can't find it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZazzz View Post
    Can you please post the tweet from cdnolympicteam? I can't find it!
    https://twitter.com/CDNOlympicTeam/s...66573067296768

I am sad that they didn't post anymore pictures of T/S. They are OGM they should be focusing more on them.

vCash
    Thank you. But I don't think this matters too much.this meaning the conference. This is something for all athletes not just t/s and there are plenty of people getting no coverage. T/s went did what they had to do and left. This is not the place for PR.

vCash
    It's some kind off-topic but can be interesting for all canadian friends (and not only) who love musicals: This september in Toronto is going to be the production of Les Miserables (the musical) with two wonderful actors- Ramin Karimloo as Valjean and Earl Carpenter as Javert. Imho, Earl is the best Javert I've ever heard. Should not be missed if you like this musical.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lola10 View Post
    ETA: Here is the picture I was talking about: http://instagram.com/p/ZQqHgUEiIG/#
    It's Andrew. Scott's hair is shorter than this now. I'm guessing he got an hair cut between Victoria and Vancouver shows.
    Some pictures from the Vancouver show: http://www.straight.com/galleries/20...resented-lindt. Looks like they really put all they had in their final performance of Carmen…I will miss that program.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    I remember, they said to iggie, they will back to practice just after CSOI and will have vacations in the end of May. I am wrong?
    They need vacation and didn't need to push Tessa too hard.
    And I will miss Carmen too, but can't wait to see new material.
    All SC PR is around WP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I remember, they said to iggie, they will back to practice just after CSOI and will have vacations in the end of May. I am wrong?
    They need vacation and didn't need to push Tessa too hard.
    And I will miss Carmen too, but can't wait to see new material.
    All SC PR is around WP.
    I think Skate Canada is rather pushing Kaetlyn Osmond (New Canadian Sweetheart I have heard), Patrick Chan and Kerstin Moore-Towers.At least they got the most tweets of the Figure Skaters. And as PEZazzz said,some other got no mention as well, Christin Nesbitt or Alexandre Bilodeau. Weaver and Poje posted more about themselves than being posted about. Anyway, I was at the Ballet yesterday evening and watched Onegin (the classical Version by John Cranko) During the last Act, I thought that this is great music for Tessa and Scott and the story is just so emotional. BTW, the ballet is based on the poem "Eugene Onegin" by Pushkin.
    Last edited by lola10; 05-14-2013 at 09:30 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lola10 View Post
    I think Skate Canada is rather pushing Kaetlyn Osmond (New Canadian Sweetheart I have heard), Patrick Chan and Kerstin Moore-Towers.At least they got the most tweets of the Figure Skaters. And as PEZazzz said,some other got no mention as well, Christin Nesbitt or Alexandre Bilodeau. Weaver and Poje posted more about themselves than being posted about. Anyway, I was at the Ballet yesterday evening and watched Onegin (the classical Version by John Cranko) During the last Act, I thought that this is great music for Tessa and Scott and the story is just so emotional. BTW, the ballet is based on the poem "Eugene Onegin" by Pushkin.
    Yeah its not Skate Canada thats pushing W/P but W/P themselves. They have a twitter account. And Tessa and Scott will always be canada's sweethearts

vCash
    Right, so, I was re-watching Stay and have we determined if that gorgeous lift is illegal? Seems like something Swan might have come up with and I would like to see more of it in competition perhaps.

vCash
    After I re-watched this lift, I change my mind. Tessa had split position ander angel, not in upside down position. But I am not sure they will show some of there new elements so early.
    SC maybe try to made PR for not so well known skaters.
    WP and Shibs PR for me is too aggressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Right, so, I was re-watching Stay and have we determined if that gorgeous lift is illegal? Seems like something Swan might have come up with and I would like to see more of it in competition perhaps.
    Its actually from Cirque du Soleil. But I am pretty sure there are some people (you all know who I am talking about) who get their knickers in a twist because "her face is near his crotch" who are wishing that lift is illegal

vCash
    Some athletes in all sports are more immersed in social media than others. I don't think there's an ugly motive behind Weaver/Poje tweeting a lot.

Skate Canada will very likely PR more skaters than they usually do, not just V&M and Patrick. There's a team event to worry about. Eight potential skaters/teams can share that medal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Some athletes in all sports are more immersed in social media than others. I don't think there's an ugly motive behind Weaver/Poje tweeting a lot.

Skate Canada will very likely PR more skaters than they usually do, not just V&M and Patrick. There's a team event to worry about. Eight potential skaters/teams can share that medal.
    Well said, manhn.

vCash
    After I re-watched this lift, I change my mind. Tessa had split position ander angel, not in upside down position. But I am not sure they will show some of there new elements so early.
    Maybe that's why it's being shown so early -- so that they can have plenty of feedback on whether it's considered to be upside down, or on enough of an angle to skirt the rule. That way, there won't be a mid (or late) season suggestion that suddenly, it may be considered illegal.
    Last edited by Fort; 05-14-2013 at 09:16 PM.

vCash
    Thing also is that they never use new stuff on exos to then use it on an actual program, so I don't know. I am hoping they use it mainly because it seems so complex and beautiful and I don't want it to be just a lift they considered using once and never got around to doing it.

vCash
    SC maybe try to made PR for not so well known skaters.
    WP and Shibs PR for me is too aggressive.
    I love that lift so would love to see it in one of their programs, but it could be a lift they just wanted to use for Stay as well.

I don't think the Shibs are thinking about PR; I think they genuinely enjoy doing those things and being in the spotlight. W/P it's probably more PR based, but I can't really fault them for it. They're just doing what they think is best. And I feel better today because I realized there weren't really a lot of tweets on Patrick either.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    I know I'm about 5 months late with these but here are the photos from Nationals Gala if anyone was interested http://danielleearl.zenfolio.com/p418501386
    Stars on Ice Photos coming in the next few days!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniskates93 View Post
    I know I'm about 5 months late with these but here are the photos from Nationals Gala if anyone was interested http://danielleearl.zenfolio.com/p418501386
    Stars on Ice Photos coming in the next few days!!
    Yay! Thank you and can't wait to see the SOI ones.

Here are some pictures from Worlds including banquet and gala pics, courtesy of David Carmichael (originally posted by Meyers thank you!)
    http://davecskatingphoto.com/photos_2013_worlds.html

vCash
    Thank you for the pictures! Is David Dore getting smaller? I tried to ask CBC Olympics and the Canadian Olympic Team via Facebook Massage if Tessa and Scott did the interview, video and photoshoot but they did not answer yet. I am not hopeful because companies hardly reply to Facebook messages. Maybe someone could tweet them or Scott Russell since he interviewed the athletes. On the good side: on the cbc olympics website Tessa and Scott make some appearances in pictures as one of Canada's hopes for Gold! So they are not forgotten!

vCash
    Tessa & Scott were in Vancouver this week-end but had to leave early Monday am to go back to Detroit so had limited time for media activities. They are not forgotten, no worries. You can see them here:

http://www.cbc.ca/live/behind-the-sc...#igImgId_70054

and Scott here:

http://www.cbc.ca/live/behind-the-sc...#igImgId_70060

Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast