Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I don't understand people like you coming in here and making a post like this. What's your point exactly? Nobody is forcing anybody to come in here. What do you expect us to say? Good for the D/W thread then for not being as crazy as this one.

And I honestly wish you wouldn't make posts like these. As you can see it just gives people more ammunition. It's exhausting.
    But it is nice to read their thoughts on us! I am glad we can give them something else to be obsessed about

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    hm. it's written. i'm just reading it over. so soon.
    Can't wait to read it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    But it is nice to read their thoughts on us! I am glad we can give them something else to be obsessed about

Can't wait to read it!
    No it's not. Not at all. I don't find it amusing. I find it draining, I really do.

Thanks iggie! And marikat.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Glad to hear from you, iggie. Don't worry, take the time you need and thank you again

And thank you, marikat!
    Last edited by Golightly; 04-28-2013 at 08:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Thank you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    With all due respect Doris you are not an admin here. If we are going to get lectured or scolded I'd rather it be by an admin of this board.
    I too didn't care for the lecture!

But now on to happy things. Await Iggies report. That girl is so insightful and a true blue fan.
    Her blog is a labour of love.

VM are lucky in their fans.

vCash
    ^^^Ditto to that! And on to Positives! Really curious to know what iggie asked. A marvelous end to a terrific skating season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Here's the thing, taf, lurkers, DW's internet moms and dads, etc. etc. Why are you even here? We have made it VERY clear that we do not agree with certain things that are said, but aren't we adults here? You have your share of out of line posters, we have ours. Big fat deal. I choose to ignore them and move on. I guess ignoring something that's said it's a pretty clear sign of distance. What do you want us to do? Chastise people as if they were our children or something? If you don't like it, ignore it. Why even come here anyway? Now, don't get all offended because I come here and say things like, "Davis and White haven't the skills nor the level of Virtue and Moir" because that is MY opinion and I am not offending anyone by stating it. Go to your little thread, we stay in ours and let's ignore the nasty comments. Isn't that how adults behave anyway?
    What made you decide that I am a D/W fan? I challenge you to find one post of mine where I gush about either team. My post wasn't directed at trolls, it was directed at the everyday mean-spirited posts that I see from regulars of this thread. No one cares if you think V/M is the 2nd coming & D/W isn't fit to kiss their robes. But it gets tiresome to hear all the negativity & the down-right cruelty from this crowd. FWIW I don't happen to think Meryl is pretty (I think she's attractive) but I don't feel the need to post about how ugly she is. What's the point? If you say it enough times, will she get prettier?

Why am I here? V/M ubers aren't the only people in the world to love ice-dancing. V/M are World champions - did it ever occur to you that other people (i.e. people who don't worship at the shrine) might want to know what is going on with them? And as far as I know, none of you are board owners, so this is not your special sanctuary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    With all due respect Doris you are not an admin here. If we are going to get lectured or scolded I'd rather it be by an admin of this board.
    This is true.

I'm not scolding you; I'm informing any posters here who feel powerless against posts in the D&W thread. You can report them, if they are against FSU guidelines.

There are posters here who have felt that "nothing could be done" about a poster in the V&M thread. And there is; you can decide either to agree with them or to report them.

Frankly, I had no idea until Prancer posted that FSU had any rules that were written down. It was a shock. I read them; hence my post.

vCash
    Prancer already did that though and she is an admin here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I just read the last 2 pages of the D/W uber thread & then this V/M uber thread. The ONE mention of V/M (no mentions of their fans) in the D/W thread was this: Every post in that thread was a positive one about their fav.

Now, go over the last 2 pages of this thread & see how many negative remarks there are.
    What made you decide that I am a D/W fan? I challenge you to find one post of mine where I gush about either team. My post wasn't directed at trolls, it was directed at the everyday mean-spirited posts that I see from regulars of this thread. No one cares if you think V/M is the 2nd coming & D/W isn't fit to kiss their robes. But it gets tiresome to hear all the negativity & the down-right cruelty from this crowd. FWIW I don't happen to think Meryl is pretty (I think she's attractive) but I don't feel the need to post about how ugly she is. What's the point? If you say it enough times, will she get prettier?

Why am I here? V/M ubers aren't the only people in the world to love ice-dancing. V/M are World champions - did it ever occur to you that other people (i.e. people who don't worship at the shrine) might want to know what is going on with them? And as far as I know, none of you are board owners, so this is not your special sanctuary.
    I want to reiterate this. While I don't think what people post is against the rules or anything, it's rather disappointing how this thread can morph from a V/M celebration and more a D/W takedown. It's not going to make me leave or anything, but it does temper my own enthusiasm for posting here. It's not about lecturing. It's about setting the tone you want to engage in.

vCash
    i'm taking a break from editing to say ... if you all just want news about tessa and scott, then follow my blog and ignore the thread. consider it an extention of this thread and the v/m fan communities around the world. i post all the information there and do my best to just celebrate and learn about tessa and scott. if you want to stay on fsu and read about v/m in a way that's guaranteed to be respectful towards d/w, then resurrect the d/w and v/m love thread. as it stands, this is a v/m thread, only.

there is some drama here, but if you actually follow it, you'll see that it's at the heart v/m fan community and it's filled with incredible information and discussion so you're not giving us enough credit at all.
    Last edited by iggie; 04-28-2013 at 10:31 PM.

vCash

Dude, where did I call you a uber? Nowhere. It does get tiresome, however, to get lectures from people who never come here or have only browsed for a couple of pages and claim to feel offended about things the majority of us have no control over. I don't give a damn about DW's looks or VM's for that matter. Do I think comments on the athletes' personal lives, looks, etc. are invasive? Hell, yes. But that is my opinion, I can't come after every single person who posts a cruel comment, now can I? It's their business, that's my point. So people call a skater ugly, others call another skater fat, what do you want me to do? Join their high school? No, I am sorry, I won't. So I ignore them. It does bother me, though, how people come here constantly attacking us as if we were all evil incarnate. I invite you to read farther than two pages and see that most of us spend time here discussing the skating, which, in my opinion, is what really matters. No, this place isn't an exclusive sanctuary, I, myself, do not agree with everything that is said, how could I? Social interaction works that way everywhere, as I am sure you know. But it would be pretty damn draining if I came here, like a police officer, to tell people what they can and cannot say. What do I do? I simply ignore them. If I can't take the heat and develop a thick skin, why come here? That's why I asked, why come here anyway? Just ignore the nastiness if it offends you so much.

vCash

Lol. This is just fantastic. What do you people want us to do?! So you're not addressing the trolls, but the general posters in this thread? What has anybody (minus the few people that do post things to get a rise out of people) said that is slanderous to D/W except give in-depth analysis on why they feel V/M are the better skaters? That's all I see in this thread, but somehow that bothers people too. Honestly at this point I don't think you guys would be happy unless we start saying V/M and D/W are equals and should be trading titles back and forth. Well some people don't think that and they want to voice why. Why is that a problem? And I have no idea what Meryl's looks has to do with this discussion right now.

Ugh I am so sick of all this bull.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    come on every one on all side here enjoy these or they will not come to post
    please also give money to FSU for cheap entertainments

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    There are posters here who have felt that "nothing could be done" about a poster in the V&M thread. And there is; you can decide either to agree with them or to report them.
    What does this mean? So not reporting now means we're agreeing with what's being said? Come on, that's really unfair.

vCash
    To get back to the topic of TESSA VIRTUE and SCOTT MOIR, the two fabulous skaters I want to discuss, talk about and celebrate, here is a very nice quality video of Stay - with the beginning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=fV5PJQLDl9I

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lola10 View Post
    To get back to the topic of TESSA VIRTUE and SCOTT MOIR, the two fabulous skaters I want to discuss, talk about and celebrate, here is a very nice quality video of Stay - with the beginning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=fV5PJQLDl9I
    Thank you so much for posting this! It was more tamer than I thought Nevertheless it is beautiful and haunting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    What does this mean? So not reporting now means we're agreeing with what's being said? Come on, that's really unfair.
    No, it just means that if you feel posts on the D&W thread are against the guidelines, you should report them. If you feel posts on the V&M thread are against the guidelines, you should report them.

If you feel they are OK, you shouldn't.

What Prancer's post meant to me is:
    1. There are guidelines.
    2. The admins don't read the uber threads.
    3. If people who post in these threads expect the admins to fix something, they will have to report it to the admins, or nothing will change.

It would be nice if all fans of dance felt welcome in either thread, IMO, even if they disagreed with the conten. They should not have to fear that people will be blanket insulting the fans themselves.

vCash
    Doris, I think you have more than made your point. Now you are repeating. I think we are mostly tolerant here, there will always be some in every forum who can't restrain themselves. This is the VM uber thread can we please get back to enjoying everything about the skaters we believe are the best in the world

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast