Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Read on twitter that tonights CSOI show in Hamilton is the one they are filming. When do these things usually air?

I've always been a competition kind of fan but some of the choreography I've seen in last years CSOI and this years intrigues me.
    Last season I think.they aired it in November.

vCash
    Thanks. I like some of the shapes I saw in the opening number so I'd really like to see it in full.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Thanks. I like some of the shapes I saw in the opening number so I'd really like to see it in full.
    Me too. And last time I download video in HD.

vCash
    I'm thinking "Reverie"; I can almost picture them in the same costumes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGl0-yaUE4c

Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    vocalise might be more in the artistic direction for them, but i hope it doesnt look anything like mahler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marathongirl76 View Post
    I'm thinking "Reverie"; I can almost picture them in the same costumes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGl0-yaUE4c
    i like the vocalise costumes more than the reverie ones, though i like reverie for its music more than vocalise

vCash
    Reverie sounds so much better for them than Vocalise.

vCash
    doesnt ISU require dances, especially the FDs, to have some rhythm or beat to them so the dances arent just all about ballet/lyrical/neoclassical? reverie and vocalise might have some rhythm to them, but i cant discern any. i'd like something rhythmic for them, even though they might go in a lyrical/classic vein.

vCash
    I hope not.

Canadablue found this video from yesterday's SOI, but the girl only posted little tidbits of the performances. It's still the best cam I've seen yet tho: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tl86...utu.be&t=6m37s
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    so "soon-ish" is really tomorrow. lol.

vCash
    thank you iggie. I'm off to SOI in london tomorrow

vCash
    Meryl posted a photo of Rodin sculpture on her instagram a while ago. I think Marina had those as an inspiration for some GG programs? Maybe it's a hint about Meryl and Charlie's next fd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Meryl posted a photo of Rodin sculpture on her instagram a while ago. I think Marina had those as an inspiration for some GG programs? Maybe it's a hint about Meryl and Charlie's next fd
    LMAO vocalise?

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    LMAO vocalise?
    This could be truth, because I wish Vocalise for TS long time ago. And usually this mean MC will use this music

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Thank you a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    This could be truth, because I wish Vocalise for TS long time ago. And usually this mean MC will use this music
    I'd be surprised if they did. It is not their style.

vCash
    iggie, can't wait to hear!!!

vCash
    Regarding Vocalise and Reverie, I doubt that either team is going to skate to it. As pani and zilam98 pointed out there are no definite or a change of rhythms. And there is a reason why Marina Zoueva is always giving Tessa and Scott the more challenging programs in terms of artistry and emotions, because they have the maturity as well as emotional depth.

Although, they probably have their music already, I still hope they skate to a russian composer. It would be a nice tribute to Russia since they are really loved over there. Preferably, Tschaikovsky, I just love him and his music has so much complexity and depth.

ETA: iggie I cannot wait to hear and see

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan12 View Post
    I honestly don't know why other posters on here aren't telling to stop, or at least give them a warning before being banned. Posts like this absolutely have to stop.
    I have read quite a few D/W uber threads and while that's where they're support lies, I haven't read any comments about V/M that are way out of line like these threads do. ...
    I don't want to continue this much further, but I just have to reiterate what Shayii said. As a big fan of both teams, I used to frequent both uber threads. Not that it is the responsibility of anyone but the posters actually making the inappropriate posts, but several posters in here, some of whom are not fans of D&W, have in fact asked those posting such things to refrain from doing so.

Also, certain D&W ubers have called all V&M fans crazy, mocked Canadian fans and wished for Patrick Chan to "fall flat on his face", made rude comments about Tessa and Scott's personalities, accused Tessa of faking an injury, and have come in here to mock us for being fans of V&M. One poster even referred to V&M's body of work as "romantic sh*t". I am not at all defending the behaviour of the few problematic posters in here, but I am just tired of seeing V&M fans getting most of the flak when the nastiness clearly exists in both uber groups (though again, a whole group should not be held responsible for the actions of a few, unless they actively encourage those actions).
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 04-28-2013 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Typos

vCash
    Thank you so much for the reports, Emdee, Scrufflet, and Daniskates93! How lucky you are to have been so close to the action! I am so glad you all had such a great time at the show and I really enjoyed reading your reviews.

PEZazzz, i hope you have a great time tomorrow night!

And a huge thank you to iggie, Cherub, Gerbil and everyone else who made the book happen. It was such a pleasure to go through the comments in the best female dancer thread. There were so many passionate and insightful posts from some of the members of this thread as well as other FSUers, and I am thrilled that Tessa and Scott will have a chance to read them.

And thanks for the vids marikat!

Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast