Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Yep, just that one sentence. Unfortunately I'm not sure it means anything.

Chantilly I'm not condoning comments like that or excusing it. When you say it shouldn't be allowed what can be done? All I'm saying is I can plead until I'm blue in the face and it's not going to change a damn thing; people are going to post how they want to. Just like us telling posters like iNap to get lost is not working so I don't see the point. I understand you though because I was in the same boat earlier this year and I said on another forum that all the negativity was getting to me. But there are great posters here that offer great insight and post amazing things, so I chose not to be deprived of that and just ignore whatever was getting me down. Ok sorry didn't mean to make this post long.
    Well I belong to another forum that has specific rules about bashing as well as a report and ignore feature. It is also moderated. But I agree it is hard without those things. I know we have an ignore. Unfortunately on the internet you can expect people to be on their best behavior.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I keep thinking about this interview with my favorite ice dancers, G&P:

http://wap.evgenyplatov.borda.ru/?1-...00019-000-70-0

There are many reasons why Marina could favor D&W... personal matters, their potential for a long career, the fact that the USFS will probably provide her with more teams than Skate Canada (she has Canadian citizenship, but is based in the US), and being able to have two different Olympic champions on her resume. With D&W, the work is more apparent. V&M have more of a classic ice dance look and the lines. Platov once said a coach doesn't have much work to do with them, just to not spoil it. It's easier to make a team like them champions, therefore a less impressive coaching feat. And people seem to be giving Swan at least equal credit for Carmen.

Now if V&M went to Igor... they would be his number one. He doesn't have a US team competing against them directly, so the USFS could hardly hold it against him. He'd be the first ever to coach a dance team to two olympic golds, that's huge. He has all the reason in the world to try to defeat the woman who got him kicked out of the rink (as is speculated).

And he's close by, and V&M have worked with him before. The transition would be smooth. I don't get why they're not jumping at the opportunity.
    Whatever we may think is right for them it is obvious they don't think so. There must be a trust issue of some sort otherwise I am sure one of the two teams would have gone to him. That was probably made worse when he used Carmen for capellini and lanotte.

vCash
    Tonight's show was amazing!! All I have the energy to write at this moment in time, but truly it was phenomenal.

vCash
    Yay for all the reports and everybody having a great time! Dani are you going to post any pics? And also iggie, patiently waiting for you tell us about everything that went down when you met them. What were they like? Did they like what you gave them?

Chantilly I know it can be hard, but try to focus on the positive things. Like the the SOI reviews from tonight .
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    Well I belong to another forum that has specific rules about bashing as well as a report and ignore feature. It is also moderated. But I agree it is hard without those things. I know we have an ignore. Unfortunately on the internet you can expect people to be on their best behavior.
    FSU has a report feature, and the FAQ says that you can use it, if some particular poster is troubling to you.
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/faq....ublesome_users

It is the little triangle with the exclamation point inside, next to the 6 pointed star used for repping.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Apparently Tessa and Scott are at the Strombo show on Tuesday.
    Thank you, but where did you got this from? I was looking on the website of Strombo and I could not find it.

Also, thank you Emdee, Scrufflet and Daniskates93 for the reports and I happy for you that you had a great time.

Concerning the whole bridal thing, I do not think it was a bad idea at all or bad PR for that matter. It will introduce them to a wider audience and they had some fun. I admit, I was a little disappointed by the article that followed since Lori Ewing normally is a great journalist. I hoped they talked a little bit more about their on-ice partnership and skating for next season, not revealing anything, but maybe telling us their plan like in the London Free Press article. I liked that one, it mentioned Jean-Marc Généreux and Jennifer Swan as their choreographers. It was also honest in stating that losing that World title was hard on them and that they know they have to work twice as hard to get to the top now. Maybe losing that title gave them some perspective on how to approach this season. It seems that, although Marina Zoueva has the last word on their choreography, she is not their only influence which is good. The Canadian Press article seemed a little forced although it is nice to hear what they are doing off the ice during Stars on Ice.

Anyway, I am looking forward to what iggie has to report about yesterday!

ETA: Tessa even mentioned that they are comfortable with the Finnstep. Let's start the "We love the Finnstep" mission!
    Last edited by lola10; 04-27-2013 at 11:06 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lola10 View Post
    Thank you, but where did you got this from? I was looking on the website of Strombo and I could not find it.
    People were tweeting about it yesterday but I couldn't find a confirmation for it anywhere..

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    This board has rules, moderators, a report feature, and ignore.

None of the moderators here would enter an uber thread on a bet unless someone reports a post. So far, the only post to be reported is yours--someone thought you needed to be informed of the board features. I'm not going to read this thread looking for problem posts; it would be hard for me to tell which one was supposed to be bad.

If any of you think someone has violated a board rule, report it. If you think someone is out of line, report it. If you do nothing, then you are part of the problem. We may not do anything about whatever you report, but at least you will have tried something that could actually be effective.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Yay for all the reports and everybody having a great time! Dani are you going to post any pics?
    I hope to post some soon! I'm working all weekend but I'll get to them Monday I think!

vCash
    From the lfpress.com article Shayii linked here.

For now, they're still wrestling with “Carmen” on tour.

“It's a shorter version, but I find it's still exhausting,” Virtue said with a laugh.

“I don't think we'll ever look back at Carmen as a mistake,” Moir added. “It was an important journey.”
    I am not surprised Tessa finds Carmen an exhausting program even in its abridged version because I personally haven't seen anything as complex and demanding in ice dancing as their FD of last season but I agree with Scott they shouldn't look back at it as a mistake because Carmen brought them new respect and admiration from figure skating fans and the ice dance community in general.

“You're always looking at what you can do to improve. I went back and watched the tape. We skated well in London. We're at a level of skating where if we perform the way we know we can, we feel like we will be able to win.”
    Yes, V/M skated well in London but I don't think they had a flawless free dance there and would I believe that skate is the best they can do, that would mean that at least in my mind they've reached their limits and would a priori have to settle for silver in Sochi and I don't believe they have. I am glad to see they know they can skate brilliantly and can win a new gold at the Olympics and I hope they will find that happy mix they were talking about for next season.

vCash
    People were tweeting about it yesterday but I couldn't find a confirmation for it anywhere..
    They will be in studio on Tuesday, so maybe it airs in a couple of weeks?
    People can request free tickets here http://www.cbc.ca/strombo/tv/tickets.html

vCash
    They will be in studio on Tuesday, so maybe it airs in a couple of weeks?
    People can request free tickets here http://www.cbc.ca/strombo/tv/tickets.html
    Oh, okay! Thank you! That is great! I hope some people from here can go! And great that the tickets are free!

vCash
    xxx
    Last edited by clarie; 04-27-2013 at 02:44 PM. Reason: didn't load
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    x
    Last edited by clarie; 04-27-2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: bad link
    Addicted to FSU

vCash

ETA: Tessa even mentioned that they are comfortable with the Finnstep. Let's start the "We love the Finnstep" mission!
    that would be an awesome thread title in the olympic season

vCash

i met them, gave them the books we made, did the q and a ... with videos! i'll get the posts up soon-ish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post

i met them, gave them the books we made, did the q and a ... with videos! i'll get the posts up soon-ish.
    YAY! Thank you so much for doing this! I wonder what kind of answer they gave to my questions!

Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    that would be an awesome thread title in the olympic season
    Yep! "because they love the finnstep"

vCash

Hope you had a great time! And I want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for the opportunity to ask questions to them. I really appreciate that. Thank you for your blog and it's our pleasure to have you in VM fan groups.

vCash
    a bit OT, but something about this season with anyone zueva related has done carmen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wkhy-46Q-E

i wish katia would do a carmen program with ilia someday, although she has done the casi program with him which looked somehow carmen-ish. loooove katia, but she looked a little sloppy here (not just the hair, but overall carriage/execution). either fatigue or just plain decreased amount of training. however, i dont think ilia could've matched katia's range of expression if they were to do a carmen program.

vCash

I am so happy for you

Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast