Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    skatingfan12,
    While I agree that some of us ubers may be over the top we dont come over to the D&W boards and police the boards there.

As for me I am even afraid to read the posts in the D&W threads after I discovered that some of the posters in the D&W thread are inclined towards violence and therefore carry rusty knives or blades in their purses ( Why else would you carry such an object, after all).

I must admit though that I too find D&W boring and so repetitive with the same moves again and again and again. They may be technically proficient but then there is the matter of soul..... which I think they lack. Personal opinion of course.
    rusty blade will not hurt from internet so no need to worry. If they have clean blade also will be same thing

vCash
    I think everybody needs to chill for a bit. For what it's worth Doris I don't think Emdee had anybody in mind, I think she was saying it metaphorically. Anyways I can't speak for her, but that's how I took it.

I totally forgot, all of you guys at SOI tonight enjoy it and we'll be waiting for a report (especially you iggie).

New article: http://www.lfpress.com/2013/04/26/ol...r-stars-on-ice
    So either they read this board or we're not the only ones that has been questioning them having the same coach as their rivals.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    also i am laughing so hard at the oral sex joke. its no suprise that d/w ubers are anti-sex and ignorant of sex since they love slut-shaming so much
    yes everyone know how much you love some special types of this username remind everyone every time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post

lol oh wow

and sometime you are surprise by your own self

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iNap View Post
    and sometime you are surprise by your own self
    talk about calling the kettle black

vCash
    Sorry I am a V and M uber but I have to agree that some of the posters on this thread take things too far. And sorry Rainbowkisses, it is often you. What you said in your posts up-thread were IMO inflammatory and completely unnecessary. And I think comments like that shouldn't be allowed to be frank. Honestly most people are great here but unfortunately when people post stuff like this it ends up framing all of us in a negative light. It doesn't matter if it is fair or not, right or not, it just is. D and W fans have their fair share of snark as well, so they are not completely innocent either but I begrudgingly admit it seems worse her, all due to only a few fans. I was ticked that V and M didn't win the free dance this year and I do think they should have. I think they are a superior team by far. But I don't want to personally attack D and W or their fans.
    Frankly this behavior has made me want to stop posting here and visiting here. It's a shame.

vCash
    Sorry I am a V and M uber but I have to agree that some of the posters on this thread take things too far. And sorry Rainbowkisses, it is often you. What you said in your posts up-thread were IMO inflammatory and completely unnecessary. And I think comments like that shouldn't be allowed to be frank. Honestly most people are great here but unfortunately when people post stuff like this it ends up framing all of us in a negative light. It doesn't matter if it is fair or not, right or not, it just is. D and W fans have their fair share of snark as well, so they are not completely innocent either but I begrudgingly admit it seems worse her, all due to only a few fans. I was ticked that V and M didn't win the free dance this year and I do think they should have. I think they are a superior team by far. But I don't want to personally attack D and W or their fans.
    Frankly this behavior has made me want to stop posting here and visiting here. It's a shame.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    New article: http://www.lfpress.com/2013/04/26/ol...r-stars-on-ice
    So either they read this board or we're not the only ones that has been questioning them having the same coach as their rivals.
    Seriously, forget the board on boards discussion... this is the first time ever I've seen them not aggressively defending Marina.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Seriously, forget the board on boards discussion... this is the first time ever I've seen them not aggressively defending Marina.
    Yep, just that one sentence. Unfortunately I'm not sure it means anything.

Chantilly I'm not condoning comments like that or excusing it. When you say it shouldn't be allowed what can be done? All I'm saying is I can plead until I'm blue in the face and it's not going to change a damn thing; people are going to post how they want to. Just like us telling posters like iNap to get lost is not working so I don't see the point. I understand you though because I was in the same boat earlier this year and I said on another forum that all the negativity was getting to me. But there are great posters here that offer great insight and post amazing things, so I chose not to be deprived of that and just ignore whatever was getting me down. Ok sorry didn't mean to make this post long.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    I wonder if Marina is maybe putting more effort into D/W because they intend to continue competing after Sochi, and Tessa and Scott are not? Without them, and unless another team magically appears with much improved skills, Meryl and Charlie will be a shoo-in for several more WCh golds. Marina then gets to keep her star coach status. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

vCash

vCash
    Actually Doris and whoever responded to my comment ....
    I once went on the DW thread and saw and read a comment about someone carrying a rusty blade in a handbag.
    Well not wanting to associate with anyone who smelt of violence I didn't go there again.

I will still reiterate that I find DW skating repetitive .....

Enough said.

vCash
    I once went on the DW thread and saw and read comment about a rusty blade in a handbag.
    Well not wanting to associate with anyone who smelt of violence I didn't go there again. Yes I was scared of such ubers being very non violent.
    You are scare of non violence

vCash
    Actually Doris and whoever responded to my comment ....
    I once went on the DW thread and saw and read a comment about someone carrying a rusty blade in a handbag.
    Well not wanting to associate with anyone who smelt of violence I didn't go there again.

I will still reiterate that I find DW skating repetitive .....

Enough said.
    Based on Doris's post I don't think the poster is a D/W uber tho.

vCash
    Just came back from CSOI.
    Absolutely loved it . The show is very different from last year and grows on one in a different way. T&S were fabulous. I found Stay really sensuous and their connection on a much more mature level. I was happy to see Carmen one more time though loved it better at worlds.

Scrufflet wore her yellow shirt and Tessa noticed and went to her in the champions number ( I think). I had mine on the other side of the rink and at the end Scott skated in front of me pointing to my shirt and then gave me a high five. Of course that made my day uber that I am.....

Added to that Patrick skated right up to me and gave me the full force of his charming smile.. this old girl felt quite giddy!
    Last edited by Emdee; 04-27-2013 at 04:18 AM.

vCash
    Maybe not, but I am sure that I read about the blade in the D&W thread as it really did shock me at the time.

vCash
    V-M uber D-W uber same thing just like violence non violence same things get eyes or heads check soon

vCash
    Just came back from CSOI.
    Absolutely loved it . The show is very different from last year and grows on one in a different way. T&S were fabulous. I found Stay really sensuous and their connection on a much more mature level. I was happy to see Carmen one more time though loved it better at worlds.

Scrufflet wore her yellow shirt and Tessa noticed and went to her in the champions number ( I think). I had mine on the other side of the office and at the end Scott skated in front of me pointing to my shirt and then gave me a high five. Of course that made my day uber that I am.....

Added to that Patrick skated right up to me and gave me the full force of his charming smile... this old girl felt quite giddy!
    Thanks for your report Emdee. Let's get this thread back to the positive with some CSOI posts

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    I wonder if Marina is maybe putting more effort into D/W because they intend to continue competing after Sochi, and Tessa and Scott are not? Without them, and unless another team magically appears with much improved skills, Meryl and Charlie will be a shoo-in for several more WCh golds. Marina then gets to keep her star coach status. Anyone have any thoughts about this?
    I keep thinking about this interview with my favorite ice dancers, G&P:

GP: – Did you ever seriously fear that Krylova & Ovsyannikov might beat you one day?
    G: Of course we did. Not just them, but we were afraid that any team might beat us one day. That's why we kept training so hard.
    P: They were definitely closest to us. It was like 1st and 2nd place were set and the rest of teams fought for the 3rd place. Angelika and Oleg had very good feet and good programs.
    G: That's actually the reason we had to change our coach. We were afraid that if we didn't do that quickly, the placement might have been switched, not because we were weaker but because that's how the coach wanted it. It was better for the coach to have a new champion at every Olympics. It shows that she can make anybody a champion. At the Worlds in 1996, our coach at the time said at the press conference that her bet is on the other team to win the next Olympics. When I found out about it, it was a big shock. That's why we switched to Tatiana (Tarasova). –
    http://wap.evgenyplatov.borda.ru/?1-...00019-000-70-0

There are many reasons why Marina could favor D&W... personal matters, their potential for a long career, the fact that the USFS will probably provide her with more teams than Skate Canada (she has Canadian citizenship, but is based in the US), and being able to have two different Olympic champions on her resume. With D&W, the work is more apparent. V&M have more of a classic ice dance look and the lines. Platov once said a coach doesn't have much work to do with them, just to not spoil it. It's easier to make a team like them champions, therefore a less impressive coaching feat. And people seem to be giving Swan at least equal credit for Carmen.

Now if V&M went to Igor... they would be his number one. He doesn't have a US team competing against them directly, so the USFS could hardly hold it against him. He'd be the first ever to coach a dance team to two olympic golds, that's huge. He has all the reason in the world to try to defeat the woman who got him kicked out of the rink (as is speculated).

And he's close by, and V&M have worked with him before. The transition would be smooth. I don't get why they're not jumping at the opportunity.

vCash
    Well I am in heaven right now! What fun meeting emdee! I wore my yellow wave shirt and, yes, Tessa noticed it! My husband thought it said belieber on the back (how about believe?) but bit his tongue. Great seats, centre ice, and I had the extreme good fortune of sitting beside Tina, of the Kurt Files. All the skaters zeroed in on the camera so they were playing to us. Got to high five most of the cast and even got a hug from Kurt! Ahhhh! Been waiting for years for that! Scott and Tessa were absolutely amazing; in person they just take your breath away. That number with the five of them is beyond spectacular. Truly it needs to be studied again and again, savoured like a fine wine. They came out in darkness and each one was announced- Kurt Browning, World Champion, Scott Moir, World Champion, and on. Powerful. It was wonderful to see them relaxed and having fun. Loved seeing Duh/Rad . They were much more smooth than they sometimes appear in competition. And Sean Sawyer is so marvelous in his Sawyerness! I've really come to appreciate the kerrs as pros. And John Kerr almost ended up in my lap.
    The one skater who was screamingly funny? Not Javier, although he really was wonderful, but Patrick! He was mugging like crazy and was really funny! Set us off, which he seemed to get which made him even funnier. What a night! Forgot to mention Joannie who gets better every year as a pro. Her numbers are actually interesting and unpredictable. I am happy as a clam right now!

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast