Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    HSGP21, i so wanted to record the entire program of "Stay" for you all, but couldn't find my camera charger. I am hoping we get some vids from the upcoming shows that will include the opening of this program. I think you will love it
    Thank you, Bournekraatzfan, you are always so considerate. I am sure it will surface sooner or later. Very glad you enjoyed the show to the fullest!

Just to clear the air before I go into hibernation again (my word!) I am not accusing them of playing mind games, I am wishing that they had a more robust and well-rounded PR. What they do on the ice is one thing, but I get frustrated with comments like this one : https://twitter.com/MonikaPlatek/sta...811584/photo/1 . They're arguably the most talented ice dancers of all time, they deserve more than articles about how "they're not actually together" or the terrible "people think tessa is like carmen they're program is so provocative" articles that came out in reaction to their choreography around Canadian nationals. I'm all for the choreography, I think it's beautiful, I just anticipate and hate the media narrative that so often goes with it. I think they deserve better, and I am sorry for trying to express that in a group of their "fans."

vCash
    You don't have to go into hibernation or runaway HSGP21. And I'm sorry that you feel you have to .
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    HSGP21, that is what i took your comment to mean and I think you make a good point. Please don't go back into hibernation! I think you have valuable things to contribute to the discussion here and was so happy to see you posting again during Worlds. So please stick around!
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 04-26-2013 at 02:34 AM.

vCash
    Those photos are amazing and I think it's the one of the few times I've seen a photo where Tessa has her hair "down". It looks good on her. I'm trying to decide which of those dresses looks best on her ... and I'm stumped. She does justice to them all. BTW, all hail the headband!!!
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSGP21 View Post
    Thank you, Bournekraatzfan, you are always so considerate. I am sure it will surface sooner or later. Very glad you enjoyed the show to the fullest!

Just to clear the air before I go into hibernation again (my word!) I am not accusing them of playing mind games, I am wishing that they had a more robust and well-rounded PR. What they do on the ice is one thing, but I get frustrated with comments like this one : https://twitter.com/MonikaPlatek/sta...811584/photo/1 . They're arguably the most talented ice dancers of all time, they deserve more than articles about how "they're not actually together" or the terrible "people think tessa is like carmen they're program is so provocative" articles that came out in reaction to their choreography around Canadian nationals. I'm all for the choreography, I think it's beautiful, I just anticipate and hate the media narrative that so often goes with it. I think they deserve better, and I am sorry for trying to express that in a group of their "fans."
    Let me clear the air as well since I was responding to your comment but not directly at you in particular. You made reference to the fact that 'fans/casual fans may be getting frustarted by the are they or aren't they' and I'm refering to those people, the ones who no matter what they say wanna believe something else and accuse V/M of lies and say vicious things because V/M aren't what they want them to be 'a couple'. I'm certain that's not you? You certainly don't have to go into hibernation, you haven't done anything wrong, and I'm sorry if I made you feel that way, so please stay.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Bournekraatzfan;3910462]clarie, you just want Scott to model more leather pants

Anything to give an old gal a thrill

Thanks for posting that article parapluies........very much intrigued by what they're going to go for music-wise next year........I can't think of any other team who can do classic and elegant and do it brilliantly.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    "Classic and elegant" but "not another Mahler". A BALLET, RIGHT? PLEASE?

vCash

vCash
    Another call to British V/M fans! Does anybody have Robin Cousin's BBC commentary of both the SD and FD? It's on the BBC website, but it appears to be geoblocked: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007...guide#b01rjkpz

Would love to hear Robin's take on the ice dance competition...he has impeccable taste!

Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Calling all British V/M fans! Please any lurkers out there I need your help right now. I'm badly looking for a column written by Robin Cousins about Worlds 2013. It's mostly a critique on the judging system, but he mentions Carmen in. If anybody knows what I'm talking about or has a link just post it here or PM me right away please. Thank you.

Dani I hope you will be able to take pics from the show. I always look forward to your photos.

YEAH!
    vCash
    That would be great, I loved his commentary during the Olympics.

I'm actually sending a package of quotes about V&M to iggie within the hour, and including quotes from Robin on Carmen would rock.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marathongirl76 View Post
    Another call to British V/M fans! Does anybody have Robin Cousin's BBC commentary of both the SD and FD? It's on the BBC website, but it appears to be geoblocked: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007...guide#b01rjkpz

Would love to hear Robin's take on the ice dance competition...he has impeccable taste!
    Hi. It's not because of geoblock (well I think it is geoblocked, but that's not the problem), but the broadcast was not archived so that's why it's unavailable to play.

ETA: Lol did you guys see the comment at the end of the CBC article? Everything is just amusing to me at this point.
    Last edited by Shayii; 04-26-2013 at 06:20 AM.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    You don't have to go into hibernation or runaway HSGP21. And I'm sorry that you feel you have to .
    I don't blame HSGP21. Some days you feel as if you need a hand out with instructions detailing what is acceptable on any given day.

Some days I just hate figureskating. Hibernating (even temporarily) isn't neccesarily a bad thing.

I am glad everyone who has gotten to see Tessa and Scott live has loved their programs. And thanks for the reviews.

vCash
    Am I that transparent? Lol anyways I'm fine with the photos because they're beautiful and it's good PR. I also remember the argument that occurred when some of us disagreed about T/S's ambiguity in the media so no need to go that road again.
    In fact, you are one of the nicest people I've met on this message board and this time I can't blame you if you think that Tessa and Scott are sending a confusing message because this time I can see why it could be interpreted like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    In fact, you are one of the nicest people I've met on this message board and this time I can't blame you if you think that Tessa and Scott are sending a confusing message because this time I can see why it could be interpreted like that.
    That's so sweet, thank you. And I was teasing. I don't even know what to say, but um.......yea I'll just leave it at that. (Reading the comments on the SC FB page though, I was just like oh dear). With that said can that pic of them where Tessa is wearing the head band make the front cover? Please?

I just read a quote from Tatiana Tarasova on why Tessa is the best female ice dancer. I want to get permission before I post it because it wasn't my project (thank you so much Cherub!) but I found it interesting with all the recent discussion on who's the best female ice dancer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    In fact, you are one of the nicest people I've met on this message board ...
    +1 thanks for making this place so welcoming, Shayii

And HSGP21, I m still hoping you continue to share your thoughts with us. We would be lucky to have you here with us
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 04-26-2013 at 07:39 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    I don't blame HSGP21. Some days you feel as if you need a hand out with instructions detailing what is acceptable on any given day.

Some days I just hate figureskating. Hibernating (even temporarily) isn't neccesarily a bad thing.

I am glad everyone who has gotten to see Tessa and Scott live has loved their programs. And thanks for the reviews.
    Somedays I just hate the FS fandom . Today is one of those days I really don't understand the hate V/M get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    +1 thanks for making this place so welcoming, Shayii

And HSGP21, still hoping you continue to share your thoughts with us.
    Oh stop it! And honestly I think I've told you before I feel you're one of the most if not the most respectful, civil, genuine posters on this board. And I mean it too. Lets have a lovefest in this thread lol. But I seriously hope Tessa and Scott know what amazing fans they have--hopefully even more so tomorrow after they see iggie's present.

ETA: What hate parapluies? I haven't seen any except for maybe that comment on the CBC article.

vCash
    Aw, Shayii, you are very kind. I would honestly use all those adjectives to describe you. And I hope everyone can feel welcome here. I am always so impressed by how knowledgeable and articulate you all are. Reading through your insightful posts is a pleasure and I often go back to re-read many of them. I especially like how different we all are...there is so much variety in the posts here and it makes this thread so much fun

And i, too, am thrilled that Tessa and Scott will have a chance to hear some of the thoughtful comments and heartfelt thanks from their fans.

vCash
    Like you guys said, they start talking about there connection. :-) As for.new programs. I though they choose music a long time ago. But if Tessa talking about FD style, maybe they just don't want tell about music so early? And the end of CSOI is May 10. So they will back to traning after show and will have vacation later? Sad to read about end of there competitive skating :-( And look like this is last photo,-shoot until OG

vCash
    What hate parapluies? I haven't seen any except for maybe that comment on the CBC article.
    ontd_skating livejournal is full of v/m hate nowadays..

Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast