Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

vCash
    Calling all British V/M fans! Please any lurkers out there I need your help right now. I'm badly looking for a column written by Robin Cousins about Worlds 2013. It's mostly a critique on the judging system, but he mentions Carmen in. If anybody knows what I'm talking about or has a link just post it here or PM me right away please. Thank you.

Dani I hope you will be able to take pics from the show. I always look forward to your photos.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniskates93 View Post
    I'm going with my mum, but I also have a media pass from SOI to photograph the show! Very excited!!!
    Yay! I can't wait to see them!

vCash
    okay ...

so i changed my mind when it comes to the format. instead of sections, i changed everything to letters. if your email didn't work out naturally (i just added a dear tessa and scott to the top) then i asked you to rewrite.

now, tomorrow, i'll be busy all day so you can email me until 9 p.m. i'll add it in. if you want me to edit you things (and some of you have), let me know in your email. if you don't say so, i won't. if you want to change your contribution, send me an email and put "update" in the title. but make sure you use the same name so i can go back and change your info.

vCash
    clarie, meeting you and your partner was one of the highlights of my night! It was so much fun to share our impressions of the show and just chat figure skating with someone so friendly and knowledgeable. Given your music background, you must have a special appreciation for these two. And yes, we should definitely plan to meet up again

parapluies, Yes, Scott does something similar to that move, though I don't know if he had a leg extended behind him. And I believe he holds himself above her and Tessa almost meets or does meet his body by arching her back and bending he knees. zilam98, I know the exact move you are referring to and yes, it was just like that. Thank you for mentioning that reference.

Yes, I remember it the same as clarie and blueglass (hope you enjoyed the show last night). As blueglass mentioned, Kurt's iconic "Singing in the Rain" received the only full standing O, but V&M's "Carmen" was the next closest from what I could tell. I noticed several people on their feet (and you know I was, of course) including a large group in red t-shirts with white signs that they only held up after V&M's performances. I was so fixated on Tessa and Scott that I did not get to read what their signs said (the group was to my right), but it looked like each sign had one or two letters on it. This group gave them standing Os for both performances. I don't believe anyone except for Kurt received louder applause. And as clarie noted, they also received hearty applause for their other appearances, including the Lindt promo. The screens showed various moments from their career and then they took to the ice holding hands. Scott asked how the audience was doing, and they cheered so loudly that he did this comical shaking thing, like the electricity of the crowd were going right through him. It was really cute. Scott said that they had experienced many great moments in their career and that none of that would have been possible without their communities, the fans, etc. Tessa agreed and said that they definitely felt the support that night in Kingston and they knew they would feel it as they represented Canada in the next Winter Olympic Games, to which the audience responded enthusiastically. I would definitely say that they were well-loved by the crowd last night

Daniskates93, I hope you have a fabulous time with your mom. I can't wait to see your lovely pics!

and iggie, thank you so much for taking the time to do this. Like others have said, you so deserve this opportunity and I am just so happy that you will have it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Calling all British V/M fans! Please any lurkers out there I need your help right now. I'm badly looking for a column written by Robin Cousins about Worlds 2013. It's mostly a critique on the judging system, but he mentions Carmen in. If anybody knows what I'm talking about or has a link just post it here or PM me right away please. Thank you.

Dani I hope you will be able to take pics from the show. I always look forward to your photos.
    I want to know about this too

Bournekraatzfan and Clarie, thanks for report about audience reaction!
    I read at first show CSOI it was 7 standing ovations. So a lot off depend from the city.
    And Kurt is true legend of FS
    I am happy for all f youm you had a great time and like show.

Iggie, i wish you good luck and i am sure all will be great! As for questions, i am sure they will not answer on questions, wich i want to ask.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Thank you!
    Tessa Very interesting opening number, a lot off things happened in the same time.
    Scott is star too

vCash
    I just loved that opening.......now everyone can see what I was desperately trying to describe: "skaters coming out of nowhere". Thank you Marikat for posting that. It was the most effective opening to a show that I've seen...so cudo's to whoever choreo'd that particular segment and to the skaters who perfomed it so well.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Thank you! A great number. Shows how untrue the notion that it's pretty much impossible to choreograph anything interesting and original for collective numbers is. It's not so impossible at all if the choreographer dares to be exacting instead of too lenient towards the skaters who are involved . Otherwise it's just an excuse for his/her own lack of original ideas (hint, hint).

vCash
    I am so glad to hear all of the glowing reviews of CSOI. I have tickets and I am treating a close friend to the Calgary show. I will admit - I really need a pick-me-up. I have loved figure skating for so many years - it has been like a special friend and always there for me when I needed it. My favourites have lost many times before - but somehow "Carmen" losing at World's (and what it lost to) has really shaken me and taken a lot of the joy out of it. I have tried to understand it and make sense of it but honestly I just can't. I am really hoping I can put this behind me and get my mojo back. I am sure seeing Tessa and Scott again live will help but I think if next year is an repeat of this year ?????
    pug lover

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by puglover View Post
    I am so glad to hear all of the glowing reviews of CSOI. I have tickets and I am treating a close friend to the Calgary show. I will admit - I really need a pick-me-up. I have loved figure skating for so many years - it has been like a special friend and always there for me when I needed it. My favourites have lost many times before - but somehow "Carmen" losing at World's (and what it lost to) has really shaken me and taken a lot of the joy out of it. I have tried to understand it and make sense of it but honestly I just can't. I am really hoping I can put this behind me and get my mojo back. I am sure seeing Tessa and Scott again live will help but I think if next year is an repeat of this year ?????
    Hi, Puglover! I understand you, but do not let the judges to deprive yourself of the pleasure from figure skating Try to relax and simply enjoy CSOI.

vCash

vCash
    WOW She is going married? And Scott is near in jeans?
    Thank you a lot!

vCash
    They look absolutely gorgeous. Thank you, Marikat.

vCash
    I always talkin they could be a great fashion models

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    They look absolutely gorgeous. Thank you, Marikat.
    You're welcome!
    https://twitter.com/TodaysBrideMag/s...909824/photo/1

vCash

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast