Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 1006
  1. #721

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Happy birthday to a very beautiful beautiful lady. May your star continue to shine.

    Oh and Pani, I had stopped the video at Tessa's final Carmen pose so I missed the message lol.
    Last edited by Shayii; 05-18-2013 at 01:01 AM.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

  2. #722

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    bowing down to Robert Lepage
    Posts
    3,415
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5645
    Suddenly I just got really sad that this time next year we won't be eagerly awaiting their music choices for the following season. This is one of those smille because it happened don't cry because it's over things I guess.

    I am very very grateful for the overwhelming amount of beauty and art and inspiration and athleticism and breath taking dance on ice they have given us. I will cross my fingers they stay healthy this next season and that they have 2 more programs they love.

    And Happy Birthday Tessa!

  3. #723
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,322
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    Suddenly I just got really sad that this time next year we won't be eagerly awaiting their music choices for the following season. This is one of those smille because it happened don't cry because it's over things I guess.

    I am very very grateful for the overwhelming amount of beauty and art and inspiration and athleticism and breath taking dance on ice they have given us. I will cross my fingers they stay healthy this next season and that they have 2 more programs they love.

    And Happy Birthday Tessa!
    Yes, (belated ) happy birthday wishes to Tessa from me too!

    What I really hope is that they will continue to perform in shows for a long time, and that they will become more and more artistic, so we can then eagerly await the music news their for exhibition programs.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 05-18-2013 at 06:58 PM.

  4. #724

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,726
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Our Canadian friends, what is May 2-4 weekend ? Did you celebrate something?

  5. #725

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,580
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42893
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  6. #726

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,726
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Thanks!
    So Happy Victoria Day for all Canadians!

  7. #727
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    1,043
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Our Canadian friends, what is May 2-4 weekend ? Did you celebrate something?
    Its the queen's birthday

    Tessa's birthday

  8. #728
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,563
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Its the queen's birthday

    Tessa's birthday
    Happy Victoria day to all Canadians.
    I am back after holidays still a little groggy from jet lag but reading the boards slowly.

    Happy birthday to Tessa - yes she is a real queen and so queenly in her bearing.

  9. #729

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    You guys was this digital mag article ever posted? I think I've seen the cover, but never the article itself. Anyways it doesn't really matter, it was before Worlds and everything they said they've already reiterated in other media outlets. And sorry if it's old news.

    ETA: I'm worried about V/M. A move to Igor was supposed to be theirs.
    Last edited by Shayii; 05-20-2013 at 06:27 PM.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

  10. #730
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    106
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Firstly, thank you for the article. Old news are better than no news!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    ETA: I'm worried about V/M. A move to Igor was supposed to be theirs.
    And they would have never went to Shpilband. Pechalat and Bourzart were 6th at last world after winning the bronze the year before and struggled with their levels as well. As far as I understand it, it was more the idea of the french federation than their own. Right now it is not the best situation for them either because Capellini and Lanotte have beaten Pechalat and Bourzat last season coming 3rd in the FD section and I think they intend to do that again, inclunding the bronze medal. I doubt that Pechelat and Bourzat will be a serious threat to both teams at the top. Artistically, they are not there.

  11. #731
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lola10 View Post
    Firstly, thank you for the article. Old news are better than no news!



    And they would have never went to Shpilband. Pechalat and Bourzart were 6th at last world after winning the bronze the year before and struggled with their levels as well. As far as I understand it, it was more the idea of the french federation than their own. Right now it is not the best situation for them either because Capellini and Lanotte have beaten Pechalat and Bourzat last season coming 3rd in the FD section and I think they intend to do that again, inclunding the bronze medal. I doubt that Pechelat and Bourzat will be a serious threat to both teams at the top. Artistically, they are not there.
    I disagree. I feel that Nathalie and Fabian (Nathalie especially) are better dancers than Davis and White, but what's holding them back is the judges' perception of them and some speed. I do agree though that they have nothing on Tessa and Scott.
    And I don't think that CL will be Bronze medallists in Sochi - that will probably be Bobrova and Soloviev who will probably have better material like they did this year.

  12. #732

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I just feel V/M are getting lost in all of this. I can see the American, Russian and now French federations going after them next season. And I'm sorry to say, but I feel SC just cares about Chan's chances of winning next season.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

  13. #733
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I just feel V/M are getting lost in all of this. I can see the American, Russian and now French federations going after them next season. And I'm sorry to say, but I feel SC just cares about Chan's chances of winning next season.
    And Katelyn Osmond
    The thing is though, that if you had a competition where the skaters had to vote for the winner and couldn't choose themselves, Tessa and Scott would win by a landslide.

  14. #734

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,726
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Its interesting for me - are T-S are working now? Look like all skaters in there group are at vacations now.

  15. #735

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    And Katelyn Osmond
    The thing is though, that if you had a competition where the skaters had to vote for the winner and couldn't choose themselves, Tessa and Scott would win by a landslide.
    Yes. Too bad the people that actually make the decision don't see it that way. You guys, this is gonna to be a very stressful upcoming season.
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Its interesting for me - are T-S are working now? Look like all skaters in there group are at vacations now.
    I think they are too.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

  16. #736

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,726
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    I wish they will work without other skaters on the rink. And i thought the end of the May - its next week. But maybe you are right and they are on vacations now.

  17. #737
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    106
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I thought they had some free rink time last week because of the whole wedding thing, weren't there pictures? Anyway, they deserve their vacation and I hope they have a relaxing one, whenever that is!

    I choose to stay positive about next season, until the program revelation at least. I might be naive, but it is less stressful. I just hope Skate Canada got the message of the fans on their Facebook page and twitter that people around the world actually prefer Tessa and Scott. Nevertheless, I think they get some support by the Canadian Olympic Committe, because they are mentioned quite a lot on their sites as the contender for Olympic Gold, maybe they can give Skate Canada a little hint how to do things right.

    Concerning the skills of Pechelat and Bourzat: I liked their programs because they were very different and I would give them the edge in the technical department to Davis and White (their lifts were great) and maybe they were the better dancers (I cannot really say something about that one) but I would say artistically they were on the same level as Davis and White. Both teams always chose programs that hid their artistic weaknesses (my opinion of course). Anyway, I think their Charlie Chaplin routine was one their best, because it demanded an artistic growth from them and that showed off later in their career.

  18. #738

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,726
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    I disagree about PB. I mean during all this years they showed.so many different styles. And last season FD show to me they could made any kind of dance enjoyable to watch.
    TS only second Canadian OGM in figure skating (I am not talking about SP, because I can't.to say they won or no). So all this poor PR of them made me wonder. We was talking about VM didn't there PR in socials network, but its SC and Olympic cometee post WP, who could become OGM only in team.competitions and didn't talk about.VM. And didn't show to people how difficult and new Carmen was.

  19. #739
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    106
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I think to only blame Skate Canada, Marina Zoueva and the judging is too easy. It is far more complex and in the end we don't know what is happening behind the scenes. What is important right now is giving them the room and freedom to create their programs as well as some time off. They are not doing any shows this summer and then come September, they can start promoting themselves in the media. It is not important to show them in goofy poses and with Canadian flags, it is important to talk about them being the best.
    Actually, the few articles we got during Stars on Ice were good, because they showed they were ready to take on Sochi which is important during that time.
    We think everyone gets more coverage because they are tweeting about it and as I said before Weaver and Poje tweeted more about themselves and then got re-tweeted because they tacked CBC or the Canadian Olympic Committee. Tessa and Scott are not into social media and at that point, with everyone having an opinion about their private life, it might be better.

    Off topic: Does anyone know, how long it takes after a taped show goes on air in Canada? We know that Tessa and Scott were at George Stromboulous Tonight at the beginning of May.

  20. #740

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,726
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    With VM all, what SC are doing is look like - we don't need you anymore, we got all medals from you, which you could to win. Look at French federation - they wasn't.happy with PB situation and said buy-buy to Camerlengo. They try to do best in politics for there best skaters.
    And SC focusing on team events (hate it, because some skaters, who even never were on podium at WCh, will have the same medal with VM) and on Chan. Yes, they never could win 3 medals.
    So they sold VM. So now Russia, France and USA will unite against Canada at OG. And VM even didn't have coach on there side.

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •