Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    YEAH!
    vCash
    I'm not expert in this, but you can put the video on youtube unlisted http://support.google.com/youtube/bi...er=157177&rd=1 That way people can only see it if they have the link. CBC won't be able to find them by searching.

Thank you for trying to share them at all!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N_Halifax View Post
    Great review! I have my review up at http://skateguard1.blogspot.ca. I have videos of:

Opening # to "Somebody That I Used To Know" (partial)
    Ashley Wagner - "Vienna" (partial)
    Sinead & John Kerr - "Mad World"
    Shawn Sawyer - "Carmina Berana"
    Virtue & Moir - "Stay"
    Shawn Sawyer - "Seven Nation Army"
    Ashley Wagner - "Sweet Dreams"
    Jeffrey Buttle - "In This Shirt"
    Sinead & John Kerr - Scottish Porridge Man number
    About 20 secs of Kurt Browning's "Singin' In The Rain" and then the camera decided it had had enough..

Now, here's my dilemna. Do I upload these to the YouTube or just keep them? I know that they are funny at live skating events about videos and this tour is being taped for CBC most likely. I'm also not too crazy about sharing them on that FSVids site as I don't really agree with their "rules". Personal opinion is - share the videos on YouTube for everyone to enjoy. But that's just me. Anybody have any advice? What if I shared them on Facebook? Would that be any less terrible?
    Post them on yt please! If you don't wait to get in copyright trouble you can just put the video as unlisted.

vCash
    Great review! I have my review up at http://skateguard1.blogspot.ca. I have videos of:

Opening # to "Somebody That I Used To Know" (partial)
    Ashley Wagner - "Vienna" (partial)
    Sinead & John Kerr - "Mad World"
    Shawn Sawyer - "Carmina Berana"
    Virtue & Moir - "Stay"
    Shawn Sawyer - "Seven Nation Army"
    Ashley Wagner - "Sweet Dreams"
    Jeffrey Buttle - "In This Shirt"
    Sinead & John Kerr - Scottish Porridge Man number
    About 20 secs of Kurt Browning's "Singin' In The Rain" and then the camera decided it had had enough..

Now, here's my dilemna. Do I upload these to the YouTube or just keep them? I know that they are funny at live skating events about videos and this tour is being taped for CBC most likely. I'm also not too crazy about sharing them on that FSVids site as I don't really agree with their "rules". Personal opinion is - share the videos on YouTube for everyone to enjoy. But that's just me. Anybody have any advice? What if I shared them on Facebook? Would that be any less terrible?
    Thank you for the review, Ryan! Glad you enjoyed the show! And thank you in advance for the videos! I know some people don't have facebook, so youtube may be the way to go...i am not sure how the geo-block thing works. Thanks again!

vCash
    I'm going to get them up now. Will post them in the Canadian Stars On Ice thread.

vCash
    I'm going to get them up now. Will post them in the Canadian Stars On Ice thread.
    Oh, thank you so much in advance!

vCash
    Seconding the thanks

vCash
    Thank you!! I'm so excited to see them.

vCash
    If you share them on youtube, be prepared to have your youtube account yanked by Google, and if the email you used as an id is a Google account, they are likely to lock that up too. If you had a Google website associated with that gmail account, you will also not be able to edit it any more.

All this happened to me because I uploaded a video of Wing & Lowe's 2003 Worlds FD (where they placed tenth) back in 2010.

I don't know whether facebook enforces copyright at all. It might be safer than youtube.

And marking them private doesn't help, so I've heard. Some videos of Japanese TV interviews with Dai and Yuzuru were taken down by youtube recently, and they were marked private.

vCash
    I'm using a YouTube account to upload them right now but leaving all as 'unlisted'. The account I'm using isn't one that I care *that* much about, so if it goes, it goes. I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Should be OK. Doris - had a similar situation happen to me about 5-6 years ago. I had over 1000 skating videos posted - almost all from professional shows and competitions in the 90's and I got shut down too and lost every single video in the process. I was not a happy camper.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Thank you so much for sharing with us! Those of us who can't make any of the shows for whatever reason appreciate it!

vCash
    nevermind.
    Last edited by iggie; 04-21-2013 at 03:50 AM.

vCash
    don't know if this has been posted :https://twitter.com/GabiCArmstrong/s...585793/photo/1

YEAH!
    vCash
    This is the link to the post with a video of Stay: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3906602

They look like two glowing figures, kinda voidy...

vCash
    Thank you for the link, Ryan, and thank you for sharing the link, Cherub. *chills* ...they have such breath to their movement, if that makes sense...i love this number so much and cannot wait to see it live.

And did you catch Tessa in the opening number? Wow.

vCash
    I just got home and I was hoping the vid would have been uploaded. Thank you so much n_halifax it means so much to those of us that were dying to see it. Omg!! I can't wait to see this in the galas next season (it better be their new ex). Even from the little I can make out from the vid, it's amazing. And that new split lift is pretty freaking awesome. Do you guys think it's a lift that is going to be in either their SD or the FD? Melissa, I can't tell which one is Tessa?
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...11608049_n.jpg
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Thanks for the link to the pic, Shayii

You know the skater being lifted twice there? That has to be Tessa, imo. Just judging from her movement. I'm pretty sure Kurt is one of the guys lifting her and i would guess jeff is the other one, just looking at their silhouettes and how their bodies are moving. That first lift looks like a Renee Roca signature lift. And the second lift looks like it is being performed by Scott. And then she does those sort backwards, forwards swizzles, simultaneously opening up her arms. This choreo looks soooooo good! And a great cast, as others have said.

vCash
    Thank you a lot for videos, N_Halifax! I alreadu gave up to see "Stay"
    What is amazing about canadian skaters - there skating skills. There blades, easy of movement. And Jeffry Buttle amaze me every time - he now have so much freedom in his skating.
    OK. Could i tell how i am happy to see T-S did "Stay"? I dont talk about music or style (they alwayse be the man and the woman, wich is great, i think). but about body moves. For me its look, like something happened. Really. Now V-M show what is a difference between them and other ice dancers - body moves.
    And i love how they use all this liftes, wich look is so easy and go with music and even with song text so well. Thats how i like ice dance will look like - all moves will go with music. Yes, i am an ubers.
    Could i tell how i am happy V-M found Swan?

vCash
    Hello, I am new to the FSU (Well I was actually lurking for quite some time!)

Here is the picture of the incredible Virtue and Moir: http://distilleryimage0.s3.amazonaws...0a9f13a7_7.jpg

And again the best bromance in the figure skating world: http://25.media.tumblr.com/08515da5f...rap4o1_500.jpg (I wonder if they got one straight picture because there seems always one posing and the other bursting out laughing)

Everyone going to Stars on Ice, have fun and enjoy, from what I hear it is a great show!

And I agree with pani, the body movements in Stay go so wonderfully with the music, it just flows, highlights and tells a story. As pani said, it feels like something that really happend, so emotional and vulnerable.
    Last edited by lola10; 04-21-2013 at 10:16 AM.

vCash
    Welcome lola10 !

OMG, that "Stay" number x_x *dead* ... I can't even tell what I felt watching this... peace? trust? But the feeling was great. There's really something in the way they move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Thank you a lot for videos, N_Halifax! I alreadu gave up to see "Stay"
    What is amazing about canadian skaters - there skating skills. There blades, easy of movement. And Jeffry Buttle amaze me every time - he now have so much freedom in his skating.
    OK. Could i tell how i am happy to see T-S did "Stay"? I dont talk about music or style (they alwayse be the man and the woman, wich is great, i think). but about body moves. For me its look, like something happened. Really. Now V-M show what is a difference between them and other ice dancers - body moves.
    And i love how they use all this liftes, wich look is so easy and go with music and even with song text so well. Thats how i like ice dance will look like - all moves will go with music. Yes, i am an ubers.
    Could i tell how i am happy V-M found Swan?
    This exactly. Thank you pani for expressing what i was thinking. Their quality of movement is incomparable.
    And i agree with everything else you said in your post.

And a very warm welcome to lola10! I am already a fan of you as i find your posts in the poll thread very detailed and informative. Glad to have you with us! And thanks for the pics!

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast