Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    So far, much better show than last night. Loved Candice and Jhud and Angie and Adam.
    And how!

I loved how Jennifer and Candice "encouraged" one another throughout.
    Angie and Adam were wonderful.

Candace, Kree and Angie appeal to different audiences.

Candace is that rare singer who can do justice to a wide variety of material - Standards/Classics, Jazz and Soul, in addition to Broadway/Cabaret.
    I hope that the sometimes "not too aware" music executives can figure out how to maximize this opportunity for her.

Kree has her Country base audience.
    However, I can see her doing Indie/Edgy Pop songs successfully, as well.

Angie will likely be positioned as the conventional "Pop Princess"; at first.
    I think her opportunities will expand with more experience/confidence; as she has the ability to do more than she has shown thus far,

vCash
    The finale lost 7 million viewers from last year's, and in two years, has lost half its viewers. It'll be very interesting to see where things go from here.

Even though I didn't watch this season except the first and last episodes, I did think early on that Candice had the voice to win the whole thing. Kudos to both she and Kree. And although I'm not someone to buy any of Adam's music, damn he sounded great last night. I always loved his voice.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    I believe that this article is an accurate assessment of the reasons for AI's decline:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1341044

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    That weave was Yugoesque....

I love "One Less Bell" - I used to sing this at karaoke ALL the time.
    Dig this version!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXAcK-89VnI

vCash
    Ack! My Mom is away this week and she is an addict of American Idol. I was supposed to tape the shows this week but had some technical difficulties! Can anyone tell me if there is a way she can see it online and or if you recorded it and I can buy a copy from you? And just after Mother's day too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I believe that this article is an accurate assessment of the reasons for AI's decline:

Yeah. I am not sure since The Voice does very well with big-time celebrity judges who spend a lot of time snarking at each other on the panel. Perhaps because they are still active in the music business and actually mentor their contestants might be why it does better. But honestly I think it has a lot to do with the fact that it is just a tired format on AI. I think the Voice not having an age limit also helped because you get more mature and seasoned performers instead of a bunch of teenagers who have no real idea who they are or what kind of artist they are The Voice also seems to focus more on musicians/artist rather then just vocal talent. But I also think it has to do with the fact that The Voice is the shiny new toy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopysnake View Post
    No one beats Marilyn McCoo's version IMO.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I did a search for Kree and Candice on iTunes to hear their singles and when I searched Candice's name it has the single and then placeholders for her other album songs (Song 2, Song 3, etc) and the album is apparently called Music Speaks. I Am Beautiful does NOT sound like a radio hit to me at all but maybe if they jump on it very very quickly she can get it to do something based on hype and publicity. I really really hope they have something better lined up for the album to push during album release instead of this. Kree's single isn't great but sounds more suited for her genre than what Candice got.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash

I agree. And I would also add that the audience, more and more, are tired of the producers' blatant engineering of the show to skew results. They're tired of Nigel & Co telling them what they want to hear, and what they should think is good music. Stacking the results this year by putting through only mediocre male singers was so obvious that it's ludicrous for the producers to deny it. Any credibility they had (if one can think of a reality show as credible) is gone.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    I think IDOL has to change just about everything if it hopes to survive. Absolutely agree that the emphasis has to shift from the overpaid, egocentric judges' panel to the contestants. And, they HAVE to get rid of the mind-deadening theme nights of "Motown," "Standards," "the 60s," etc. For goodness sakes, if they're even dreaming of attracting a younger audience, they've got to stop forcing these young contestants to sing songs from 50+ years ago!! Why can't they sing songs from THIS century? Well, okay, I'd be willing to go back as far as the '90s for one night and maybe ONE night for songs from any era. But, that's IT!! The rest of the music should be something that sounds remotely modern and that younger people (incuding the contestants) can relate to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1214 View Post
    I think IDOL has to change just about everything if it hopes to survive. Absolutely agree that the emphasis has to shift from the overpaid, egocentric judges' panel to the contestants. And, they HAVE to get rid of the mind-deadening theme nights of "Motown," "Standards," "the 60s," etc. For goodness sakes, if they're even dreaming of attracting a younger audience, they've got to stop forcing these young contestants to sing songs from 50+ years ago!! Why can't they sing songs from THIS century? Well, okay, I'd be willing to go back as far as the '90s for one night and maybe ONE night for songs from any era. But, that's IT!! The rest of the music should be something that sounds remotely modern and that younger people (incuding the contestants) can relate to.
    Agree, you can have variety without forcing a specific era. For example, they could have acoustic night or soul night and let the contestants choose current material. Unfortunately, Lythgoe et al are CHEAP and don't care to shell out for rights. Geez, they've decided that its not worth putting SYTYCD on DVD solely due to music issues. It's a problem that can be solved, but only if the producers and legal care about solving it. They don't.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    It's like their heads are buried in the sand as to what the issues are. It's easy to blame judges, but it starts with the producers. I'm hoping the rumors are true that Nigel really is gone. Maybe that would make a positive difference.
    ~DC

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I don't think Idol can survive at this point. The changes should have been made years ago. It is going to end up being too little too late. The viewers have already left and they aren't going to be able to drag them back. A lot of their viewers have simply grown up and moved on to a life where they don't find themselves at home in front of a TV every single night of the week. Those 12 year old power dialers are now 20 something year old men and women. They are in school, working, raising a family. I can't imagine any major change that will bring people back in large enough numbers. Maybe if they can stop the hemorrhaging then they can continue on for a while but the show will no longer be the cash cow it used to be as advertising space will become much cheaper.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopysnake View Post
    OMG - my dad loved them. They also did a cover of Scarborough Fair too.

Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    No one beats Marilyn McCoo's version IMO.
    True, and I've never been a heavy 5th Dimension fan. But this and "Stoned Soul Picnic" are two of my faves by them.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I thought the person who looked the happiest during the two hours was Kree. It was like the pressure was off & she was just enjoying herself. She never looked stressed about the outcome. She also had my favorite performance of the night with Keith & Randy. That was fabulous......
    That was my favorite performance, too. Loved how free she seemed. That's the Kree I knew was there, but saw so little of this season. Great result. There were no losers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    Ack! My Mom is away this week and she is an addict of American Idol. I was supposed to tape the shows this week but had some technical difficulties! Can anyone tell me if there is a way she can see it online and or if you recorded it and I can buy a copy from you? And just after Mother's day too!
    Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Sorry to quote myself but my Mom is coming home tomorrow and I am hoping to find a way that she can see this week's shows if anyone can help? I am willing to pay!!!!

vCash
    Perhaps these links will help, until you can find DVD coverage:
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...be.0B6Ba0c4_Cs

Also of interest:

American Idol winners: Where are they now?
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/17/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t5
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 05-19-2013 at 10:54 PM.

vCash
    Perhaps these links will help, until you can find DVD coverage:
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...be.0B6Ba0c4_Cs

Also of interest:

American Idol winners: Where are they now?
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/17/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t5
    THANK YOU!

vCash
    FYI, MJsBigBlog usually has video up from AI and the other music reality shows within a few hours.

vCash

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast