Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Does anyone feel like the finale has lost all of its excitement? I remember when it used to be a plethora of celebrities and it just felt like this huge night in Hollywood.

Wow, Kree killed it on Up To The Mountain. I am a sucker for that song since Kelly Clarkson took it and slayed it. Kree does it justice, for sure. Best of the night, so far.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Did Mariah Carey black out during the show because in her critique she keeps mentioning how she liked Kree in "both" performances. lol
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    um randy, i have no idea where candice took a bunch of unique risks with the song - not her fault, simon picked what he picked but no need to lie about it
    Candice has a performance of this song up on youtube, so she probably likes it.

I refuse to blame either Kree or Candice for their coronation songs because I have the impression that they hardly had anything to do with them.

ETA: Up to the Mountain is a song I associate with the Crysal/Lee finale. She totally killed it -- and lost anyhow.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Does anyone feel like the finale has lost all of its excitement?
    It doesn't help that the songs were all slow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    And there were some very depressing songs. I think the producers thought that, if Kree wasn't going to sing "You Would Have Wanted It That Way," they'd give her songs about depression and death like Angel and I'm All Cried Out. Those are songs that'll really suck the joy out of a room.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    I agree. I think Kree and Candice are two of the most talented singers the show has had in a long time, but unfortunately I don't think they were helped by the material tonight.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    I agree. I think Kree and Candice are two of the most talented singers the show has had in a long time, but unfortunately I don't think they were helped by the material tonight.
    No, they weren't.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Just catching up on PVR. Why didn't they show Kree's first 2 judges' critiques?

Anyway, I was underwhelmed tonight. Liked the last 2 songs only.

Kree looked fab in her red dress.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Listening to the coronations songs shows me how really difficult it is to truly write a hit song.

I don't really have a preference on who wins. I'm guessing Candice will though.

vCash
    I thought Kree's Up To The Mountain was the best performance of the night. If Candice loses the title after being a front-runner, I think it was the last song that did her in. I hated her last performance. It was vocal gymnastics at its lowest. Also, it's not Candice's fault but I thought Kree's original song was better than hers. It sounded like something I would hear on a country station. Candice's didn't sound current.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    ..I thought Kree's original song was better than hers. It sounded like something I would hear on a country station. Candice's didn't sound current.
    Funny you said that about Candice's original song. When I heard it, I thought the arrangement made it sound like a Burt Bacharach song from the late 60's, early 70's.

vCash
    Kree– Angel – I would not have chosen that song for her. Such a downer, and why not give her a country song. But I thought she did well. On a more superficial note, I did not think the dress was flattering.

Candice – Chasing Pavements– I love this song, but I wish they had chosen a song that would have worked better with all the runs. Maybe it’s because I am so familiar with Adele’s version, but I didn’t care for her changes. It took some of the emotional feeling out of the song, IMO. But, she sounded really good.

Kree– All Cried Out – Jeez. I hope that Phillip Phillips knows how lucky he was to get “Home.” This just isn’t a well-written song, and it just wasn’t a good choice for Kree’s voice. I really hope they don’t give her a bunch of country pop power ballads with sad lyrics to record. That’s not who she is as a singer.

Candice – I Am Beautiful – This had pretty craptastic lyrics, too. I can’t help but contrast this with Xtina’s, which is so much better lyrically and musically.

Kree – Up to the Mountain – Although I prefer Crystal’s version, Kree did really well with this.

Candice – This is another song that I’ve heard others do better, IMO. I thought that Haley did a better job of wringing the emotion out of it with her phrasing and tone. I was hoping for Lovesong, which is my favorite from Candice, but I understand why she would choose a song that relies more on belting with the vocal gymnastics. But, what was up with all the fog?

I like both Kree and Candice. I’m guessing that Kree will win. The country fans always vote in droves.

vCash
    Kree– Angel – I would not have chosen that song for her. Such a downer, and why not give her a country song. But I thought she did well. On a more superficial note, I did not think the dress was flattering.

Candice – Chasing Pavements– I love this song, but I wish they had chosen a song that would have worked better with all the runs. Maybe it’s because I am so familiar with Adele’s version, but I didn’t care for her changes. It took some of the emotional feeling out of the song, IMO. But, she sounded really good.

Kree– All Cried Out – Jeez. I hope that Phillip Phillips knows how lucky he was to get “Home.” This just isn’t a well-written song, and it just wasn’t a good choice for Kree’s voice. I really hope they don’t give her a bunch of country pop power ballads with sad lyrics to record. That’s not who she is as a singer.

Candice – I Am Beautiful – This had pretty craptastic lyrics, too. I can’t help but contrast this with Xtina’s, which is so much better lyrically and musically.

Kree – Up to the Mountain – Although I prefer Crystal’s version, Kree did really well with this.

Candice – This is another song that I’ve heard others do better, IMO. I thought that Haley did a better job of wringing the emotion out of it with her phrasing and tone. I was hoping for Lovesong, which is my favorite from Candice, but I understand why she would choose a song that relies more on belting with the vocal gymnastics. But, what was up with all the fog?

I like both Kree and Candice. I’m guessing that Kree will win. The country fans always vote in droves.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    I liked them both equally. At this point, I don't care who wins; I'm just glad it will be either Kree or Candice. This finale seemed long on talent and short on joy. I don't know if it was the musical selections or the personalities of the finalists, who seem equally reserved.

vCash
    As much as I adore Kree, and I think she's great. I believe the night belonged to Candice. She really went out there and showed that she really wanted it and wanted the win. I think Candice will end up winning, but I hope both will have long and successful careers in spite of this show.
    Kyle

vCash
    I'm not sure Kree wanted the win. Why else would she choose to go first after she won the coin toss? With 2nd place she gets a record deal & the push that goes with it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixana
    Just catching up on PVR. Why didn't they show Kree's first 2 judges' critiques?
    The 1st round only Randy & Mariah critiqued them. In 2nd round only Keith & Nikki did. It did keep the down to a minimum.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I'm not sure Kree wanted the win. Why else would she choose to go first after she won the coin toss? With 2nd place she gets a record deal & the push that goes with it anyway.
    I've thought Kree was over AI for the past few weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if she's hoping for a Candice win.

vCash

American Idol 2013: I Wish I Knew How To Quit You (Part Two)

I think it's a common misconception that the non winners have it better and get to make their album without all the hassle of working under the winners contracts. All contestants are signed to RCA or Sony or whatever it is now and then they are released if they don't want them. Kree will almost surely be sent over to the country division of Sony and still have the same awful contract and almost zero input into her work. This works for some people but I have a feeling Kree does her own thing and won't take well to it. My point is that he winning or losing changes almost nothing at this point except whether she owns that title.
    -Brian

vCash
    I genuinely like both of them so much. Either one of them can win and I'll be happy.

I bet those recording contracts don't pay them jack.

vCash
    I would like for Candice to win; but, given the strength of the "country" voting bloc, she may not.
    In either case. both are under contract to AI for quite some time; so, it's difficult to know what sort of career they will be able to build.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast