Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    If you either missed it or don't want to endure that excruciating hour of the results show:

Angie's elimination

VFTW is celebrating like crazy , and after being obnoxiously, intolerably smug, Angie's fans are in meltdown mode at IDF .

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I haven't been in this thread for a while, just checked in to see who got the boot. Not only glad about our final two, but that everyone here seems to be in agreement! Not only are Kree and Candace both great singers, but both seem very humble and kind/compassionate. So likeable. Can't wait to see what the future holds for both of these ladies.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I'm very happy with the finalists.
    Great to see the update about Adam Lambert, too.

vCash
    I expect to see the judges really push Candice next week. Either girl deserves to win but I just hope the judges give fair critiques next week.

Yeah right.

vCash
    The TVLine posting community is full of conspiracies on why Angie went home. Now the favorite theme seems to be that it was producer manipulation. I thought Angie regularly got the most flattering edit on AI. The judges gushed over Amber & Angie all season, & habitually threw Candice & Kree under the bus. The other theory is because Angie is from the North & the others are from the South. Yeah, that really helped Amber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    I expect to see the judges really push Candice next week. Either girl deserves to win but I just hope the judges give fair critiques next week.

Yeah right.
    It will be interesting to see how things go.

I'm very excited for Candice/Kree!! Both have amazing vocal ability. I will be happy with whoever wins. I just hope both sing well and are judged on the performance, not on future possibilities (though I think both should go far).

I feel for Angie because it was obvious that she wanted to win so badly. At the start of the live rounds, I didn't pick her as one who would make it to the top 3. The strong enunciation, the dramatic "feeling" were off-putting to me. But she improved as the weeks went on.

vCash
    I'll miss Randy if he goes.
    Maybe, just maybe AI has run its course?

vCash
    Even though the ratings have deteriorated; it's still a "cash cow" for FOX.

vCash
    The Angie/Kree final is in line with what the voters did over on The Voice. In every case, the best vocals made it through.

I'm thinking that teens/tweens are over these types of shows, so the voting is skewing a bit older and saner. It may not be what the producers want to market, but people over 25 do buy music and are less likely to be introduced to new artists via YouTube. That's the new reality and Nigel and Jimmy need to learn from it.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I'll miss Randy if he goes.
    Maybe, just maybe AI has run its course?
    I agree that AI has run its course. But it will be back next season. That we know.

Happy with the final two. Never thought Angie really had "it" in the singing department.

O-

vCash
    They *SHOULD* get better judges who don't cost as much and pay the contestants more $ to be on the show. The winner should get $1milliion cash. The runner up should get $500,000. The rest should get $50,000. It would bring more talented people to the auditions. I also think that they shouldn't have themes. Let them sing what they want-- and try to get it cleared in time. No more old fashioned shit-- let the kids sing current music. And get them a REAL mentor-- Someone who can help them with song selection, styling, and the like. Make me want to watch again.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    I won't miss Randy as I find him completely useless as a judge but I do agree that his leaving is evidence that Idol has run its course.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    randy barely made it back this season. i think they are being respectful of his time on the show and letting him "quit" instead of being lumped in with the others who wont be renewed. randy is really lucky AI came his way and no one with a bigger name wanted to do it when it started. i cant remember him ever adding any value or even being amusing.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Eh, he was a friend to pets. Dawgs everywhere will miss Randy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    They *SHOULD* get better judges who don't cost as much and pay the contestants more $ to be on the show. The winner should get $1milliion cash. The runner up should get $500,000. The rest should get $50,000. It would bring more talented people to the auditions. I also think that they shouldn't have themes. Let them sing what they want-- and try to get it cleared in time. No more old fashioned shit-- let the kids sing current music. And get them a REAL mentor-- Someone who can help them with song selection, styling, and the like. Make me want to watch again.
    unfortunately that would mean that Idol would need pay for the rights to the current music. They don't want to do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    unfortunately that would mean that Idol would need pay for the rights to the current music. They don't want to do that.
    I'm aware of a season 6 contestant who had an entire catalog of a specific writer cleared, only to find that 19 didn't have a relationship with the publisher and wasn't willing to create one.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I'm aware of a season 6 contestant who had an entire catalog of a specific writer cleared, only to find that 19 didn't have a relationship with the publisher and wasn't willing to create one.
    I think their failure to invest in the right songs is shortsighted. People get bored. But, I also think that they are choosing some of the songs for other stupid reasons besides money. I think they chose a lot of the songs last week despite knowing that they didn't make sense for these particular contestants. Of course, Jimmy also chose one song in order to give a particular contestant her "moment. There is a lot of manipulation.

As Michael Slezak and Melinda Doolittle pointed out in this week's Idology, the contestants should have at least been allowed to pick a song. I disagree with them, though, about whether Kree should have sung one of her original songs, "You Would Have Wanted It That Way." If Slezak can't make it through the song without Kleenex, then Kree certainly can't.

Rumor has it that the contestants might be singing songs they wrote or "co-wrote." I hope they don't make Kree sing "You Would Have Wanted it That Way," but I also hope they don't give her and Candice craptastic coronation songs and pretend that they co-wrote them.

ETA:
    Here's the link to the new Idology. Melinda is so funny with her Top Three flashback:
    http://tvline.com/2013/05/13/idology...p-3-season-12/

Here's a link to the original song from Kree that they mention:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a-OQI5bhsc
    Last edited by Allskate; 05-14-2013 at 05:10 AM.

vCash
    In news that will make some of you very happy:

Nicki Minaj Leaving 'American Idol'

vCash
    The show will be infinitely better without her.
    I can't fathom why she was hired in the first place.

She seems a complete phony to me'; and wasn't helpful to any of the contestants.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Tonight's song choices sound blah.

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast