Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

vCash
    Randy Jackson has announced he's leaving Idol: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/09/ra...american-idol/

vCash
    Don't you go dissin' Carly Rae. She writes her own music, for one. And despite the gloss of her new LP, her pop songs tend to be more folky and lowkey. She has really nothing in common with Jordin or Miley (who I both like, btw).
    Last edited by manhn; 05-09-2013 at 11:54 PM.

vCash
    I am not understanding the Kree love at all. I did like her from the start, but she hasn't grown. She is still protecting herself, which is understandable, but she comes off as bland even if her voice is good. The final two should be Angie and Candice in my opinion. Bar none. Kree isn't even close to the two of them.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    The jury isn't out yet on Carly Rae or Miley so I don't think those are apt comparisons. Carly Rae had one of the biggest hit songs last year and Miley hasn't put too much new music out. Jordin I agree hasn't had much success but then so a lot of winners haven't. And a lot of non-winners have. Also I think Angie is a better singer then any of those girls, even Jordin Sparks. And quite frankly I'd give Angie a way better shot a big success then Candice. No one can deny Candice is the best singer by far. But that isn't always what does well. Or sells.
    I don't know that Candice will have a successful pop career - I said that earlier, I am not sure she will have a great career outside of a Broadway type show. I haven't heard much from Angie that would be anything that says "I will put that on my Pandora playlist or download from I-Tunes or even want to hear occasionally on the radio".
    I put her with the Carly Rae and Miley category because to date they may have had one or two hits, I see them fading into the woodwork. Miley has a comedic acting potential - I loved her in 2 and 1/2 men. Carly Rae has had a major hit, but....I don't think she will be an Xtina or Kelly or even Taylor Swift.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    I don't know that Candice will have a successful pop career - I said that earlier, I am not sure she will have a great career outside of a Broadway type show. I haven't heard much from Angie that would be anything that says "I will put that on my Pandora playlist or download from I-Tunes or even want to hear occasionally on the radio".
    I put her with the Carly Rae and Miley category because to date they may have had one or two hits, I see them fading into the woodwork. Miley has a comedic acting potential - I loved her in 2 and 1/2 men. Carly Rae has had a major hit, but....I don't think she will be an Xtina or Kelly or even Taylor Swift.
    I don't own music from any of these women and I doubt I'd buy Angie's music because I don't like the sound of her voice and her tendency to be shrill. I think Angie could have moderate success like Jordin, though. Even though I don't like Angie's voice and have seen no growth from her this season, other people obviously like her singing, and she has crossover potential for the CCM market.

As for Candice, so much depends on what the choose to do with her and the material. I don't see her as Broadway at all. I can imagine her doing pop songs like "Next to Me," but I don't see her being big. Despite her enormous talent, she has not been that successful with the AI voters, and I don't think she even would be in the finale (which I think she will be) if it weren't for her getting some good song choices and the judges and producers deciding to really promote her the past few weeks while giving Kree bad songs and being hard on her to the point of saying that she hadn't even been worthy of the top four.

I think Kree has real talent and can have a good country music career if she gets the right material, producer, and label and goes back to doing the kind of music that suits her more. She also comes across as very likeable, which never hurts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    The jury isn't out yet on Carly Rae or Miley so I don't think those are apt comparisons. Carly Rae had one of the biggest hit songs last year and Miley hasn't put too much new music out. Jordin I agree hasn't had much success but then so a lot of winners haven't. And a lot of non-winners have. Also I think Angie is a better singer then any of those girls, even Jordin Sparks. And quite frankly I'd give Angie a way better shot a big success then Candice. No one can deny Candice is the best singer by far. But that isn't always what does well. Or sells.
    Jordin is definitely one of the more successful idol winners. Of course, I would still put her behind Kelly/Fantasia/Carrie, but she has definitely managed to stay relevant. Her debut album went platinum, she has had 4 hit singles, performed on broadway, and has received multiple awards/nominations in the music industry. She's gotten a few acting gigs, including the "Sparkle" movie with Whitney Houston. Even though she hasn't really done much musically since 2010, she's gotten a decent amount of exposure due to her recent weight loss which has led to a lot of spokes model work for her. She's making a living in the entertainment industry, and that's really what most of these contestants are aiming for. Can't say I agree that Angie is a better singer than Jordin, but YMMV.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    lauren looks like someone boiled candice cameron
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Bwa ha ha that Mariah wants to protect her image and then makes a video of herself lolling around half nekkid on a motorcycle.

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    lauren looks like someone boiled candice cameron
    I couldn't believe when she said she was 18! She looked like Kelly Ripa's mother!
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Candice!

vCash
    That's a wow never thought it would be.

vCash
    Yay Kree and Candice!

The right final two, producers be damned.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Well, I just might watch now. Way to stick it to the producers and judges America. Go Kree.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    I didn't watch but yay! I wanted a Kree/Candice finale! Suck it producers!

Briber of judges
    vCash
    America grew some ears. WHEE!!!

Ugh, I hate when they make the person kicked off sing again...

vCash
    Yes! Now, I will be happy with whoever wins!!!!

vCash
    That is GREAT news. I may watch the show tonight.

vCash
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Candice and Kree finale! I'll be happy no matter who wins. Just give them good songs, please!

I'm sure someone will sign Angie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Just give them good songs, please!
    This.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I am thrilled with this final 2. Probably the best final 2 ever in the history of the show. It is so rare that the two I want to make it (who are, of course, THE best ) end up in the final 2. Im not sure it has ever happened.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast