vCash

Gay marriage legalised in New Zealand

Can't find any other threads about this. So here it is.

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/pol...417-2i0xz.html

Yeah for New Zealand!!!!

Now I wish our Australian politicians would use some commonsense and do the same. But they are too gutless.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Always thought Kiwis were a bit of alright.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    I think the Kiwis are even more alright after this. After the act was passed everyone in the building broke into song. Just amazing and beautiful. I don't think would happen anywhere else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilMBLV3A6ug

ETA - also found this article and clip of a speech by Maurice Williamson, one of the NZ politicians speaking in support of the bill. Hilarious. His explanation about burning in hell is fantastic.

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/n...marriage170413
    Last edited by Aussie Willy; 04-18-2013 at 12:34 PM.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    I think the Kiwis are even more alright after this. After the act was passed everyone in the building broke into song. Just amazing and beautiful. I don't think would happen anywhere else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilMBLV3A6ug
    That one's making the rounds among my Facebook friends. Brought a tear to my eye.

Big thumbs up to New Zealand. (Although to be honest I thought they'd legalized gay marriage a while ago ...)

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuven View Post
    Always thought Kiwis were a bit of alright.
    I blame all the Hobbits they've got over there doing LORD knows what!!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post

Big thumbs up to New Zealand. (Although to be honest I thought they'd legalized gay marriage a while ago ...)
    Yeah, the biggest surprise to me is that it wasn't already legal, as the Kiwis tend to be quite tolerant.

Rising like a phoenix
    vCash
    Is that really true? New Zealand is climatically rather close to the region I'm living in at the moment, and in the light of the gay propaganda law accepted yesterday here I think I'd rather start considering moving abroad. I am not mentally ill as authorities try to persuade me and other people.

Anyone knows anything about immigration laws in New Zealand?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FarFarAway View Post
    Is that really true? New Zealand is climatically rather close to the region I'm living in at the moment, and in the light of the gay propaganda law accepted yesterday here I think I'd rather start considering moving abroad. I am not mentally ill as authorities try to persuade me and other people.

Anyone knows anything about immigration laws in New Zealand?
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

About Immigration New Zealand

Immigration New Zealand (INZ) is part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
    Immigration New Zealand is responsible for bringing the best people to New Zealand to enhance New Zealand’s social and economic outcomes. We directly support labour market growth by attracting the best people to New Zealand and supporting them into the workforce so they become long-term contributors. We also contribute to key export industries like tourism and education.

The role of Immigration New Zealand includes:

deciding visa applications
    attracting migrant skills and labour
    matching migrant skills with employer needs
    managing border security with regard to the movement of people
    supporting migrant settlement and retention
    implementing the Government’s refugee quota programme
    enforcing compliance with immigration law and policy.

We also have 20 offices overseas:

two in Europe – London and Moscow
    10 in Asia – Bangkok, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Ho Chi Minh City, New Delhi, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta and Manila
    one in the Middle East – Dubai
    one in Africa – Pretoria
    three in the Pacific – Apia, Nuku’alofa and Suva
    two in the United States – Los Angeles and Washington DC
    one in Australia – Sydney.

Visa Acceptance Centres (VACs) operate on our behalf in some regions.

EDIT:

http://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/nod...FQdk7Aods1UApg

MOVE TO NEW ZEALAND
    Get a career and a life; New Zealand has a world-class recipe for better living.

Make your dream a reality

We realise moving to a new country is a big decision that takes time, especially if you've got a family to consider. Don't be daunted; with a bit of careful planning and research you'll soon realise whether a move to New Zealand is right for you. Register below and we can help you through this process, including guidance on visas, finding a job and what to expect once you arrive.

If you’re prepared to give it a go, migrating to live and work in New Zealand might just the life-changing opportunity you’ve been looking for.
    Last edited by dardar1126; 06-12-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Rising like a phoenix
    vCash
    OMG that is a real lot of information. Thanks, I think I am saving it for reading and analysis, it looks quite welcome but at the same time very strict, which is understandable.

vCash
    OMG that is a real lot of information. Thanks, I think I am saving it for reading and analysis, it looks quite welcome but at the same time very strict, which is understandable.

Yeah, I think both New Zealand and Australia have pretty strict rules regarding immigration.

Rising like a phoenix
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    Yeah, I think both New Zealand and Australia have pretty strict rules regarding immigration.
    I am quite ok with that, the way they treat people is what matters most. I will not be surprised if gay relations will some day be regarded here as criminal resulting in people put into prison. And I am just sick to death of some morons trying to persuade me I am mentally ill and have to go to the institution. Some family matters will hold me still for some time here but after that I think I am done with it despite all my love for my country.

vCash
    I am quite ok with that, the way they treat people is what matters most. I will not be surprised if gay relations will some day be regarded here as criminal resulting in people put into prison. And I am just sick to death of some morons trying to persuade me I am mentally ill and have to go to the institution. Some family matters will hold me still for some time here but after that I think I am done with it despite all my love for my country.
    I understand completely; good luck to you!