Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Mine:
    1. uber wars,
    2. uber wars,
    3. uber wars,
    4. complaints about IN,
    5. complaints about NBC coverage, Fred/Miman/genevieve/prancer telling everyone to knock it off,
    6. trolls will appear,
    7. trolls will be banned,
    8. Sharpie will be happily married,
    9. new server guy might have a stroke trying to deal with everyone complaining
    10. server guy thanks his lucky stars that winter olympics and US presidential elections are not in the same year
    11. there will be bad costumes and even worse music/choreography
    12. uber wars
    13. v/m and d/w threads will number #12200 before Sochi
    14. I will have new ignore lists

and I don't know about the other 6 until the season begins

vCash
    If a skater(Javier etc.) who has average skating skills and is not particularly artistic wins OGM, I will a little .

My prediction for Sochi men results
    1. Chan : a world record(100 points) by Olympics inflation in SP, one or two mistakes in LP
    2. Hanyu or Kozuka
    3. one of European men (including D10)
    Last edited by t.mann; 04-19-2013 at 01:47 PM.

vCash
    Only ONE prediction: That IJS will be gone and replaced by good ole 6.0 and everyone will live happily ever after.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Only ONE prediction: That IJS will be gone and replaced by good ole 6.0 and everyone will live happily ever after.

vCash
    I think spiky was being a bit sarcastic?

vCash
    Yes and what will they say when Patrick wins under 6.0 ?

We want COP back and we dont want Patrick back .......

vCash
    There is no way they will replace it with 6.0. Maybe a whole new system. But 6.0 isn't coming back.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jiazumi View Post
    my turn!

1.V/T will win OGM and stay around until the next batch of good Russian pairs come along.
    2.K/S will unfortunately be outside the medal race and lose support from RF, thus retiring after worlds in Tokyo (or maybe before).
    3.Davis/White will continue to push ice dance to new levels and will probably have a slight edge on Virtue/Mori in the SD, but will win the FD by an unbelievable margin,thus becoming OGM.
    4.Virtue/Moir will have a FD program that's suited to their abilities. Kind of like Mahler, but they won't be able to perform it 100%. Each year they look so tired like someone has a gun to their head forcing them to skate. However, I do think they can make a great Finnstep to match Davis/White. It's going to be close.

5.YNK will win 2nd OGM.
    6.Plushenko will try a comeback, but fail the SP, landing him in 5th or 6th place. And of course he's going to complain,whine,bitch (normal Plushy stuff).
    7.The judges are going to judge Chan the right way and he's going to get the bronze or even 4th.
    8.OGM in men is really a mystery for me. I don't think Hanyu's stamina is there just quite yet. Javier can have a meltdown in the SP.., Takahashi may not be up to the game that day. However, if everyone does horrible in the SP and Chan does a clean SP and no major mistakes in the LP, I'll give it to him.
    9. Asada is going to feel tremendous pressure (like last time) and perform not so good in the SP, but bring it back in the LP. And of course she's going to worlds in Tokyo to get her new SB after that.
    10.Chock/Bates are going to place in the top 6 in Tokyo.
    11.Kostner will skate clean for the most part and get the silver OM, then retire after that.
    12.Murakami is going to become the top Japan lady after Mao retires. She might even get the bronze in Tokyo.
    13.I/K are going to stay around after Sochi and switch to Igor fulltime.
    14.Ashley..Ashley..Ashley, well for the most part I believe Ashley will become USN champ again. But in Sochi I feel like the SP is going to curse her like always. And then when she realizes that the medals are out, she's going to fully attack the LP. I expect a SB. But I hope she comes in 4th! Just not below Gracie. I feel like she has more quality skating than Gold.
    15.Gracie will probably have a mistake or two and place in the top ten. But she's going to stick around so this will be a great experience for her.
    16.Liza will have a very dramatic LP, but won't perform it 100%, because of pressure skating at home.
    17.Adelina will also feel pressure and fail to deliver after a clean season.
    18.Max Aaron will not come within medal reach, but nonetheless he will be happy with his scores and getting the opportunity to compete at the Olympics. He'll probably compete in Tokyo and place 5th or 6th, then eventually disappear from the media.
    19.P/B will fail to deliver and B/S will sneak up and get the bronze.
    20.I HOPE EVERYONE AVOIDS SERIOUS INJURY AND NO ONE GETS ROBBED!!

that's all
    Also didn't everyone say the same thing back in like 2009-2010 or something? Especially since it looked like V/M were struggling with their OD in the first half of the season?

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    my turn!

3.Davis/White will continue to push ice dance to new levels
    how exactly do they plan on doing that? by reusing the same lifts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    I think spiky was being a bit sarcastic?
    oh

vCash
    Predictions - fewer than 20, because my crystal ball is faulty at the moment:
    1. There will be an unexpected medal winner in either the men's event or the team event. Or both.
    2. V/T will win the OGM and perhaps even skate well enough to deserve it.
    3. Savhcenko/Szolkowy will have cooler programs.
    4. Patrick Chan will win silver or bronze but not gold.
    5. For the first time since 1998, no Chinese pair will win an Olympic medal.
    6. The podium in the ladies event will not be the same as the one at 2013 Worlds.
    7. A Japanese man will win Worlds.
    8. Multiple skaters will attempt to convince us that they will deliver a fresh and original take on [insert warhorse name here].
    9. If Charlie White messes up anything at the Olympics, Meryl's death glare will rival Babs'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post

Also didn't everyone say the same thing back in like 2009-2010 or something? Especially since it looked like V/M were struggling with their OD in the first half of the season?
    I didn't pay attention to V/M or D/W in '09. I had no idea who they were. But like I said, the SD is going to be close and D/W are going to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    how exactly do they plan on doing that? by reusing the same lifts?
    No, by not stopping and sipping water like someone we know.

vCash
    And I bet if M/C did that this season instead of V/M no one would be pulling a fit or making fun of their injury. You ubers are so classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Predictions - fewer than 20, because my crystal ball is faulty at the moment:
    1. There will be an unexpected medal winner in either the men's event or the team event. Or both.
    2. V/T will win the OGM and perhaps even skate well enough to deserve it.
    3. Savhcenko/Szolkowy will have cooler programs.
    4. Patrick Chan will win silver or bronze but not gold.
    5. For the first time since 1998, no Chinese pair will win an Olympic medal.
    6. The podium in the ladies event will not be the same as the one at 2013 Worlds.
    7. A Japanese man will win Worlds.
    8. Multiple skaters will attempt to convince us that they will deliver a fresh and original take on [insert warhorse name here].
    9. If Charlie White messes up anything at the Olympics, Meryl's death glare will rival Babs'.
    Fusar-Poli's death glare is one of my favorite memories from 2006 Olympics I have this odd feeling that 2014 is going to be a lot like 2006 where alot of people are going to mess up the in the SD.
    Last edited by parapluies; 04-20-2013 at 07:55 PM.

vCash
    Ohhh, you mean when Alex Shibutani had a problem earlier in the season and he couldn't lift his sister at CoR -- at least not on the first attempt. You can see it on this video around the 1:09 mark. They stopped their program and went over to their coaches. Is that the stoppage you mean
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I fear that it's not enough. There are hundreds of ice dancers who have never ever stopped in the middle of their routine. I doubt that all of them pushed ice dancing forward just with that .

vCash
    Oh come on. Isn't it bad enough already that you V/M and D/W ubers have several of your own threads where you can abuse the other team all you like? GTFO!

1. I predict that I will say that many more times.

2. Max to repeat as Nat Champ, Ross, Joshua and Jason to medal, Jeremy top five, Lysacek and Weir (if they deign to show up) top 10.

3. Russian Nationals: 1. Plushenko (if fit), 2. Menshov 3. Gachinski

4. Team Event: 1. Russia

5. Wouldn't mind seeing a total Russian sweep of everything in Sochi...just to watch some heads explode.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Oh come on. Isn't it bad enough already that you V/M and D/W ubers have several of your own threads where you can abuse the other team all you like? GTFO!
    I, for one, am not an uber, although I am a fan of Virtue/Moir (in my opinion, all fans are not ubers). I just tend to argue when someone says something that I think is wrong or unfair, no matter if it's about my favorites, or about other skaters. But, of course, I defend my favorites more. As for my previous post, I got tired of arguing with people directly, so I tried to respond in a like manner to Jiazumi's post (which doesn't mean that I don't really think so). Probably I shouldn't have done that, as I usually don't. As for posts from other V/M or D/W fans, there is no abuse in most of them - just valid opinions.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 04-21-2013 at 02:35 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    As for posts from other V/M or D/W fans, there is no abuse in most of them - just valid opinions.
    depends on how many times you have read them. And I personally don't think that misskarne was referring to you, but the usual suspects that interject V/M and D/W into EVERY SINGLE thread they post in.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    1. Someone unexpected will win an OGM (happens every time because someone will have the skate of their lives)
    2. I hope Plushenko skates away with gold and will laugh and laugh and laugh
    3. I don't care who is on the US teams. Apart from D/W none of them will medal.
    4. People will whine about the TV and online coverage
    5. There is no way to predict who will win because too many things can happen between now and next February.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast