Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    The reason V/M haven't won the GPF has nothing to do with the number of GP competitions the teams have skated. The GPF is a head-to-head competition, and V/M have never beaten D/W at it. Anyway, each time V/M have been in the GPF it was because they had won both GP events that year, and that is the same case for D/W.

So in the 2012-2013 season, D/W beat V/M three times out of three head-to-head competitions.

That may have worked then, but that doesn't account for the improvement in D/W's skating since 2010. It used to be that V/M always got higher PCS scores than D/W. This past season, D/W have won the PCS scores 3 times out of 3.

They are skating the same program with different music every year which accounts for any improvement you may be referring to. I get dizzy watching them on the ice because all they do is whip around.

vCash
    15. Both Davis/White and Virtue/Moir will have “safe” music choices and “safe” choreography for the Olympics. They will be close after the short, but D/W will widen the gap after the free. I also have a very bad feeling that one of the teams (and I really mean that it may be either team) may make a major mistake that will influence the final result.

16. V/M ubers will start a record-breaking thread “Virtue/Moir #100”, half of which will be D/W bashing.

And a D/W win to V/M would however not stop D/W's fans from bashing V/M ALL OVER the internet. D/W's fans would be the sore winners and V/M's fans the sore losers.

I bookmarked this thread and I'll get back to it at the end of the Olympic season to see how everyone did. Just for my own amusement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    I don't think that those who themselves engage in the same kind of behaviour are in the best position to call others out on it.
    So many around! We don't have to name names.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    My Top 20 Predictions

1. No matter what competition, there will always be discussion about the winner.
    2. The fan threads after Sochi will explode.
    3. There will be a lot of mourning after the retirement announcements.
    4. The CoP will be changed after the Olympics (even just slightly)
    5. ISU and judges will be made responsible for everything.
    and now for more skater's related prediction
    6. Yuna Kim will be Olympic Champion again when she makes no major mistakes
    7. Actually, Yuna Kim will win everything that season
    8. 2nd and 3rd are unpredictable and depend on who skates the best in both program
    9. most likely Carolina Kostner will win a medal in every competition, including Olympics (but she is a head case, so we never know)
    10. at least one Russian lady will make the top 5
    11. Volosozhar and Trankov will get their title on home ice.
    12. Savchenko and Szolkowy will win silver, close the gap but retire due to no funding by the german federation.
    13. The US title is a close battle between Gold and Wagner.
    14. Virtue and Moir will retire after winning everything that season (including GPF and Olympic Games) -> a little bit wishful thinking but rumor has it they have both their programs already and are not doing any show over the summer.
    15. Davis and White will go to worlds, win and not confirm anything about their future for quite some time.
    16. The battle for bronze will be as exciting as the battle for gold because of all the great and talented teams.
    17. Russia will win the team event.
    18. Hockey is not the only team battle between Canada and USA (battle for silver and bronze).
    19. The men event might be the most confusing.
    20. No matter what, I will enjoy the season, simply because there is something special about the Olympic season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post

And a D/W win to V/M would however not stop D/W's fans from bashing V/M ALL OVER the internet. D/W's fans would be the sore winners and V/M's fans the sore losers.

I bookmarked this thread and I'll get back to it at the end of the Olympic season to see how everyone did. Just for my own amusement.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345