Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    V/M never admit to having medical issues. You only find out about those afterward; they've been known to be less than truthful at times in stating that Tessa is fully healthy.
    Its kind of obvious when her injury is bothering her. Despite that she is still the most graceful ice dancer in her field.

vCash
    How did this turn into the V/M thread?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wristflick View Post
    These are 20 things I have a feeling will happen next season.

1. Yu Na Kim will win her 2nd Olympic Gold
    8. Voloszhar & Trankov will win their 1st Olympic Gold
    17. Javier Fernandez will win the Olympic Gold..
    I agree with these
    Last edited by karlon; 04-17-2013 at 01:10 AM.

vCash
    I'll go by my intuition and say:

Ladies:
    1.) The gold medal will go to Yu-na or Kostner.

2.) An American lady will medal. Two American ladies will finish in the top six.

3)Mao will finish 4th-5thish.

4)China will have a top six finish.

5)Two Russians in the top 12.

Men:

1) Patrick Chan will take it (with mistakes of course ), unless someone skates out of this world and beats him.

2) The only other favorite for a medal is Javier Fernandez, however I don't think he'll go clean either so probably bronze for him.

3) Dennis Ten: Top five finish for him.

4) Takahashi will not medal but will have a decent skate for a top six finish.

5) Eva Lysacek will return and medal.

6) A Russian skater (not Plushenko) will skate lights out and sneak into the top six. As high as 4th/as low as 6th.

Dance:

1) America's first gold medal.

2) Canada captures silver.

3) Contrary to popular opinion Pechalat & Bourzat will take Bronze.

4) 4-6 will be between W/P, C/B, and C/L.

5) B/S will make silly mistakes and take themselves out of the running. Will go head to head with the Shibutanis and might even lose to them.

6) The Shibutanis climb a spot or two. As high as 5th/as low as 7th.

6) R/T eclipse I/K.

7) Germans will round out the top ten.

Pairs

1)Russia's likely chance for a gold Medal. She'll be ok, but he is the one to worry about. The judges will award them gold if they go clean, but if he messes up the Germans will take it gladly.

2)The Germans are bitter about losing their world title and will no doubt be more than ready to skate the FS of their lives(with a triple Axel and all).

3)Russia might be able to get another medal here, though D/R and M-T/M are more likely to medal.

vCash
    I don't understand how some are counting Yuzuru Hanyu out as if he's suddenly a non entity. I'm not his biggest fan, but he had been pretty strong this year except for quad Salchow attempts, until the 4CCs. I think he'll be a major contender for Sochi if he doesn't suddenly burn out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    So sad that there is a "fan" like rainbowkisses among us. The things that she says then become what other skating fans think of us, Virtue/Moir fans, although in truth it is only her and probably a few others.

vCash
    So sad that there is a "fan" like rainbowkisses among us. The things that she says then become what other skating fans think of us, Virtue/Moir fans, although in truth it is only her and probably a few others.
    I know it's not all V/M fans. If D/W win gold it definitely won't be because of USFSA, despite D/W's success, they're still salivating over the ladies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by munow View Post
    I don't understand how some are counting Yuzuru Hanyu out as if he's suddenly a non entity. I'm not his biggest fan, but he had been pretty strong this year except for quad Salchow attempts, until the 4CCs. I think he'll be a major contender for Sochi if he doesn't suddenly burn out.
    But he's a headcase. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I'll put him between 7-12th.

vCash
    My thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by wristflick View Post
    These are 20 things I have a feeling will happen next season.

1. Yu Na Kim will win her 2nd Olympic Gold, then retire again, only to return sometime in the next quad, possibly winning her 3rd pre Olympic Worlds and 3rd Olympics in the process, her usual pattern.
    Yes.
    2. Davis & White will win their 1st Olympic Gold, then win their 3rd World title, and then turn pro.
    I hope so, but I think that V/M and D/W have equal chances for Olympic Gold. If D/W end up with silver, they will probably continue, though I'm not sure about 2018.
    3. Virtue & Moir will win their 1st Olympic Silver, skip Worlds, and turn pro.
    See above, and I think they will retire from the competitive sport after the Olympics anyway.
    4. Akiko Suzuki will win the Olympic bronze, then win the World title on home ice, then turn pro.
    She can win the World medal or even the World title, but only if she's "on", which is not often the case, unfortunately. The Olympic bronze is improbable.
    5. Miki Ando will attempt a comeback and place 3rd or 4th at Nationals, which will be insufficient to make the team.
    If she does come back, I think she can even make the Olympics alongside with Mao and Akiko. Actually, it depends on whether Murakami's success this season was the peak of her career, or the basis for further improvement.
    6. Evan Lysacek will attempt a comeback and place 3rd or 4th at Nationals, which will be insufficient to make the team.
    I think he'll either show up and make the Olympic team (and probably won't medal at the Olympics) or not show up at all.
    7. Evgeny Plushenko will skate at a final Olympics, place between 5th to 9th, then retire for good.
    I doubt his health will allow him to compete, but if he does, he will probably finish 4th or 5th and will even have a chance to medal, if other main contenders have a meltdown.
    8. Voloszhar & Trankov will win their 1st Olympic Gold, win their 2nd straight Worlds, then go back on their original thoughts and continue awhile longer.
    Yes.
    9. Savchenko & Szolkowy will win their 2nd straight Olympic bronze, and then retire, without even going to the post Olympic Worlds.
    Silver, I suppose, otherwise I agree.
    10. Team Canada will win an impressive 4 medals at the Games, but only 1 gold, in the Team Event.
    Do "4 medals" mean Chan, V/M, D/R and a team medal? Yes, probably, though I'm not so sure about D/R.
    11. Ashley Wagner will surprise most people by retaining her U.S title over Gracie Gold. She will win the bronze at the post Olympic Worlds, then go pro.
    I don't know, actually. US ladies are far from predictable.
    12. Christina Gao will finally make the Olympic and World team, and perform admirably at both, and continue with the sport post Sochi.
    See above
    13. Chan will place from 3rd to 5th at the Olympics, then go pro before the Worlds.
    I think he'll place 1st to 3rd, and there's a chance that he'll continue his competitive career (but maybe I've missed some interview in which he spoke about his plans to retire).
    14. Takahashi will place from 5th to 9th at his final Olympics, then go pro.
    I think he'll place 1st to 5th and retire.
    15. Brian Joubert will place from 5th to 9th at his final Olympics, then go pro.
    I hope Brian will have at least one successful Olympics, but at this point "successful" will mean around 5th to 10th, I'm afraid.
    16. Carolina Kostner will win the Olympic silver, then go pro after the season.
    Yes, or bronze, if one of the Japanese ladies shows her top form.
    17. Javier Fernandez will win the Olympic Gold.
    It's possible, but I'm not sure.
    18. Alissa Czisny will make a final comeback, placing 5th to 7th at Nationals, then go pro.
    See 11-12.
    19. Caroline Zhang will skate at her final Nationals, placing outside the top 10, then go pro.
    Yes.
    20. Kevin Reynolds will medal at the post Olympic Worlds.
    Only if other contenders have a meltdown, and he skates two clean or almost clean programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots

If Hanyu is a headcase, what are Chan, Takahashi and pretty much all the others? He messes up his LP's because of his stamina problems, and he's prone to injuries and illness, but he's not making any more mistakes than the majority of the guys do.
    Besides that, he's 18. Just one month older than Farris, who's the Junior World Champion. It's not unusual for the younger guys to be inconsistent, and if anyone seems to have the room to improve, it's him. Last season, he always had trouble with his SP (worlds, GPF, nats, CoR) except for CoC, this year he broke the world record twice.

And 7th - 12th? Except for his 2nd senior competition, Cup of Russia in 2010, where he was 7th - Hanyu never finished lower than 4th.
    Saying he has smaller chances of a medal than Lysacek is like the worst joke ever.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post

I don't think Hanyu is a head case at all, I think he's very talented, he is just young yet.Li'Kitsu said pretty much what I was thinking and worded it perfectly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post

Hanyu is not a headcase, he's an asthmatic. Considering this limitation, his results indicate that he's probably in good shape mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    And 7th - 12th? Except for his 2nd senior competition, Cup of Russia in 2010, where he was 7th - Hanyu never finished lower than 4th.
    Saying he has smaller chances of a medal than Lysacek is like the worst joke ever.
    In the four years leading to the Vancouver Olympics, Brian Joubert only finished off the podium twice, and never lower than fourth at any event. Outside of ice dance, the Olympics can be unpredictable and it's difficult to project who'll rise to the occasion and be rewarded for it by the judges.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl
    In the four years leading to the Vancouver Olympics, Brian Joubert only finished off the podium twice, and never lower than fourth at any event. Outside of ice dance, the Olympics can be unpredictable and it's difficult to project who'll rise to the occasion and be rewarded for it by the judges.
    Yes, true. And I don't mean to say that it's a definite that Hanyu will at least be 4th. I still said that in response to what dots wrote, saying Hanyu would be 7th - 12th because he's a headcase. The thing is anything can happen, but if you want to try to make some predictions based on the results we have, saying Hanyu will finish so low is quite off.

vCash
    Hanyu is not a headcase and I'd be surprised if he doesn't finish in the top 5. I think a medal for him is likely and he has a good chance to win. Fernandez and especially Chan are much more inconsistent than Hanyu, not to mention the others whose results are all over the place like Brezina, Amodio, the other Japanese men, etc. Hanyu had a lung infection at Worlds and has severe asthma, had to get adjusted to a new coaching situation (with a language barrier) this season, added the 4s to his competitive arsenal, and is likely still experiencing some physical and emotional changes due to his young age. Plus his SP scores were huge for most of this season, if he gets a better FS for the upcoming season and can stay healthy and work on his stamina, I think he's definitely a STRONG contender for OGM.

Lysacek will be lucky to medal at Nationals if he even shows up at all IMO, medaling at the Olympics I don't see happening barring some unusual disaster/him suddenly procuring a consistent quad and high quality 3a, which I doubt.

vCash
    My 20 predictions

1.People will declare Chanflation whether he wins the OGM or not

2.70% of NBC's skating coverage in Sochi will consist of Scott H. grunting

3.We will get about 500 "what if?" polls in the Trash Can regarding the Kween.

4.Evan Lysacek will grow tired of Vera Wang and pursue Donatella Versace

5.Ross Miner will try to be risque and his costumes will have a mega V-neck

6.Andofanatic will award Miki Ando the Olympic Platinum Medal. Which will make Plushenko lose his sh!t and sue him/her.

7.Liza T. will wear black costumes.

8.Joubert will become even more : Which is always a plus.

9.It will be after the dance competition in Sochi.

10.Robin Szolkowy "assets" will grow a mind of it's own and skate pairs after S/S retire.

11.Amodio will molest himself to another Euro medal.

12.Someone will think outside the box....and skate to Carmen!

13.Wanting to live up to the "greatness" that was the Ghost FD, Morozov will have I/K skate to Legally Blonde, The Musical

14.Japanese Men's nationals will be more than the actual Olympic Men's competition.

15.Purple

16.R/T will skate to a Waltz....
    17.Gracie Gold's UGGs will be take the 3rd U.S ladies spot

18.Tomas Verner will successfully land a 3t-2t combo

19.Whatever happened to Lady Latvia?

20. My favourite skater will be wuzrobbed!!! Judging I tell you!!

vCash
    13.Wanting to live up to the "greatness" that was the Ghost FD, Morozov will have I/K skate to Legally Blonde, The Musical
    Would Nikita play Warner, Emmett or Bruiser?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DimaToe View Post
    My 20 predictions

1.People will declare Chanflation whether he wins the OGM or not

2.70% of NBC's skating coverage in Sochi will consist of Scott H. grunting

3.We will get about 500 "what if?" polls in the Trash Can regarding the Kween.

4.Evan Lysacek will grow tired of Vera Wang and pursue Donatella Versace

5.Ross Miner will try to be risque and his costumes will have a mega V-neck

6.Andofanatic will award Miki Ando the Olympic Platinum Medal. Which will make Plushenko lose his sh!t and sue him/her.

7.Liza T. will wear black costumes.

8.Joubert will become even more : Which is always a plus.

9.It will be after the dance competition in Sochi.

10.Robin Szolkowy "assets" will grow a mind of it's own and skate pairs after S/S retire.

11.Amodio will molest himself to another Euro medal.

12.Someone will think outside the box....and skate to Carmen!

14.Japanese Men's nationals will be more than the actual Olympic Men's competition.

15.Purple

16.R/T will skate to a Waltz....
    17.Gracie Gold's UGGs will be take the 3rd U.S ladies spot

18.Tomas Verner will successfully land a 3t-2t combo

19.Whatever happened to Lady Latvia?

20. My favourite skater will be wuzrobbed!!! Judging I tell you!!
    HAHAHAHAH!!!!!

#1 for sure....he can go 100% clean and perhaps double one jump or have a small stepout everyone will scream inflation and gifted titles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    Would Nikita play Warner, Emmett or Bruiser?
    Actually he would play Elle, unless Elena goes blonde, then Id say Warner. Morozov would play Bruiser

vCash
    my turn!

1.V/T will win OGM and stay around until the next batch of good Russian pairs come along.
    2.K/S will unfortunately be outside the medal race and lose support from RF, thus retiring after worlds in Tokyo (or maybe before).
    3.Davis/White will continue to push ice dance to new levels and will probably have a slight edge on Virtue/Mori in the SD, but will win the FD by an unbelievable margin,thus becoming OGM.
    4.Virtue/Moir will have a FD program that's suited to their abilities. Kind of like Mahler, but they won't be able to perform it 100%. Each year they look so tired like someone has a gun to their head forcing them to skate. However, I do think they can make a great Finnstep to match Davis/White. It's going to be close.
    5.YNK will win 2nd OGM.
    6.Plushenko will try a comeback, but fail the SP, landing him in 5th or 6th place. And of course he's going to complain,whine,bitch (normal Plushy stuff).
    7.The judges are going to judge Chan the right way and he's going to get the bronze or even 4th.
    8.OGM in men is really a mystery for me. I don't think Hanyu's stamina is there just quite yet. Javier can have a meltdown in the SP.., Takahashi may not be up to the game that day. However, if everyone does horrible in the SP and Chan does a clean SP and no major mistakes in the LP, I'll give it to him.
    9. Asada is going to feel tremendous pressure (like last time) and perform not so good in the SP, but bring it back in the LP. And of course she's going to worlds in Tokyo to get her new SB after that.
    10.Chock/Bates are going to place in the top 6 in Tokyo.
    11.Kostner will skate clean for the most part and get the silver OM, then retire after that.
    12.Murakami is going to become the top Japan lady after Mao retires. She might even get the bronze in Tokyo.
    13.I/K are going to stay around after Sochi and switch to Igor fulltime.
    14.Ashley..Ashley..Ashley, well for the most part I believe Ashley will become USN champ again. But in Sochi I feel like the SP is going to curse her like always. And then when she realizes that the medals are out, she's going to fully attack the LP. I expect a SB. But I hope she comes in 4th! Just not below Gracie. I feel like she has more quality skating than Gold.
    15.Gracie will probably have a mistake or two and place in the top ten. But she's going to stick around so this will be a great experience for her.
    16.Liza will have a very dramatic LP, but won't perform it 100%, because of pressure skating at home.
    17.Adelina will also feel pressure and fail to deliver after a clean season.
    18.Max Aaron will not come within medal reach, but nonetheless he will be happy with his scores and getting the opportunity to compete at the Olympics. He'll probably compete in Tokyo and place 5th or 6th, then eventually disappear from the media.
    19.P/B will fail to deliver and B/S will sneak up and get the bronze.
    20.I HOPE EVERYONE AVOIDS SERIOUS INJURY AND NO ONE GETS ROBBED!!

that's all

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast