Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    According to Wikipedia:

Fedorova/Miroshkin
    SP: "Clowns and Kids Suite" by Alfred Schnittke
    FS: "Cabaret" by Liza Minelli
    Someone should correct the FS music composers to John Kander/Fred Ebb on the wikipedia page.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Just a side note, Bazarova and Larionov's SP music is Charlie Chaplin.
    An article that came out two weeks ago.

Maybe they were looking into those pictures to inspire their SP then found Charlie Chaplin routine fascinating? I really can't picture how they will play this but am so looking forward to it!

BTW, I can't edit my Pairs list post since I'm out of 24-hour editing window
    Last edited by l'etoile; 08-29-2013 at 06:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    An article that came out two weeks ago.

Maybe they were looking into those pictures to inspire their SP then found Charlie Chaplin routine fascinating? I really can't picture how they will play this but am so looking forward to it!

BTW, I can't edit my Pairs list post since I'm out of 24-hour editing window
    I think that the American pictures are Chaplin - maybe the translation sucks and it was American movies? Because movies are also called motion pictures
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E007UPAwixk
    Here's their new SP - it's definitely Chaplin - maybe there's other American music in it?

vCash
    Ice Dance
    Thanks for all your great work, l'etoile ! it's so convenient to have it all in one place - so, a huge thank you once more.

Only it seems you forgot Weaver/Poje and Bobrova/Soloviev. Weaver/Poje's SD music is from the Broadway musical '42nd Street' (music by Harry Warren) - http://instagram.com/p/bPsfyDDK26/# , and FD music is from the tango "opera" 'Maria De Buenos Aires' by Astor Piazolla - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1 (they gave another hint before).

As for Bobrova/Soloviev, I recognize their SD music selections as something that I have heard quite a lot, but I don't know them by title. Their FD music, though, is from a Russian TV movie 'И все-таки я люблю' ('And yet I love') - it's by Russian composer Dmitry Malikov. They are supposed to portray birds in that program.

vCash
    ^Can't believe I left out those two teams

I think that the American pictures are Chaplin - maybe the translation sucks and it was American movies? Because movies are also called motion pictures
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E007UPAwixk
    Here's their new SP - it's definitely Chaplin - maybe there's other American music in it?
    I think you're right. They called this program as "The Old Photo" so I just thought of pictures.

vCash
    ^Can't believe I left out those two teams
    Sorry, I just realized that you didn't forget. It was me who forgot that the information on Bobrova/Soloviev's and Weaver/Pojes's music choices was not actually given in this thread. Actually I am not completely sure about W/P, but B/S haven't even announced their music officially, we just had videos of their programs without any music titles. I found out what their FD music was just because Domnina and Tikhonov skated to it in the Russian 'Ice Age: Professionals' show (that program too was choreographed by Zhulin and Igor Orshulyak who helps him with the ideas and choreography of programs).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Sorry, I just realized that you didn't forget. It was me who forgot that the information on Bobrova/Soloviev's and Weaver/Pojes's music choices was not actually given in this thread. Actually I am not completely sure about W/P, but B/S haven't even announced their music officially, we just had videos of their programs without any music titles. I found out what their FD music was just because Domnina and Tikhonov skated to it in the Russian 'Ice Age: Professionals' show (that program too was choreographed by Zhulin and Igor Orshulyak who helps him with the ideas and choreography of programs).
    I edited to add their info after you pointed out. I looked up GS for B/S's SD selections
    Last edited by l'etoile; 08-29-2013 at 09:05 PM.

vCash
    I edited to add their info after you pointed out. I looked up GS for B/S's SD selections
    Oh, I didn't see that - thank you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    I really don't understand you. You have to accept, after Yuna and Mao Plushy's videos have the most viewers on Youtube. You know, every Plush programs have many many versions on YT, the Godfather's has more than 1 million in total, not to mention the Nijinsky program. I really finished this conversation. I recommend you explain the fact, that tag retired 10 years ago..
    One of Yuna kim's 2010 olmpics lp video has more than 1588,000 views, Asada's olympics lp recording is more than 686,000, Plushenko's 2010 season lp with the highest views is his EC version, that's 236,000 views. The video with the highest views for Plushenko's god father is 454,000, while as someone posted already Arakawa's 2006 lp is 900,000 views. So I suggest just don't compare to those montrous girls, any one.
    All their programs have way more than one version, including Yagudin's, if I count all versions, all his 2002 olympic programs easily past 1 million views. Actually I am impressed by Yagudin's record because he's the only one among them retired before youtube occurred. I guess Plushenko's Sex Bomb contributed a big bulk of his view record, that's easily understandable, Sex,,, and Bomb, sounds so damn hot, sheesh, you can imagine, those simply search for "sex" may want to have a peek too.

Sorry for the non-relevant posts, but I recently learned there's a board function called ignore list.

vCash
    Aliona Savchenko/Robin Szolkowy
    SP: When Winter Comes, a music especially composed for them by Andre Rieu.
    LP: The Nutcracker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by la.louise View Post
    When I first heard the "Nutcracker" music choice I was suprised. I sort of didn't expect them to use this classical piece. On the other hand, they never skated a really classical program, so it is something new for them and I'm looking forward to what they'll do with this music.

vCash
    The last top pair I remember skating the LP to Nutcracker was Shen/Zhao back in 2004. Can't wait to see S/S's version now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    When I first heard the "Nutcracker" music choice I was suprised. I sort of didn't expect them to use this classical piece. On the other hand, they never skated a really classical program, so it is something new for them and I'm looking forward to what they'll do with this music.
    Same here, I'm really looking forward to both programs.

vCash
    I wonder what cuts they'll use. There's a lot of great music there.

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    I wonder what cuts they'll use. There's a lot of great music there.
    I would LOVE it if they went all ADD with the music cuts, and skate to all the nations' pieces in there As long as it's not another pas de deux LP, I'm intrigued!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by la.louise View Post
    Wow, Steuer never get's boring;-) i would have never expected this kinda classic and overused music for the olympic lp. but clever to play the russian card in russia:-P s/s have never skated a real.classic program and i can't wait to see what they're making out of it. i hope it will be gorgeous and will give them the final and satisfying end to their career, which they absolutely deserve.

where did you have this information from? Did they have their public skating with the other germans or outta interview?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Every time I see a popular piece from a big, great score announced, I hope it won't be the same old cuts, but then the programs are revealed, and it's Charlie Brown and the football all over again . But in the meantime, we can hope.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    It's not an original choice (though for them it kinda is actually) yet I find S/S using Nutcracker to be rather exciting. I'm looking forward to it.

vCash
    ^ I agree. Not an original choice in music itself but on the contrary, I find it a very original choice for S/S. Totally unexpected for me, to be honest! I am looking forward to seeing what they do with classical music.

vCash
    I so totally agree I am also looking so forward of seing this

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast