Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Do you loathe the GWTW music or the story, or both?

Maybe Alissa reveals her sp music in her upcoming interview with Jenny and Dave's TSL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Do you loathe the GWTW music or the story, or both?
    The music.

vCash
    Fortunately for you, the first half of Czisny's FS is not GWTW. It's possible that she has decided to keep both programs from last season that she never got to compete at 2013 Nationals, including her "La Vie en Rose" SP from 2011-12. We'll find out soon enough.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    ... or Vise & Baldwin skating this year to Legends of the Fall.
    V/B also used "Time To Say Goodbye" in their 2012-13 FS, which turned out to be an apt choice since they decided to retire at the end of the season.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-05-2013 at 01:42 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Fortunately for you, the first half of Czisny's FS is not GWTW. It's possible that she has decided to keep both programs from last season that she never got to compete at 2013 Nationals, including her "La Vie en Rose" SP from 2011-12. We'll find out soon enough.
    I noticed that when I watched her program. I thought "wow, this music is not as annoying as I remember". And then it switched to the main theme.

Still, it's just great to see her on the ice again.

vCash
    "Legends Of The Fall" is one of the most beautiful film scores out there. I remember seeing Liz Manley skate to it live on Elvis Stojko's tour back in the 90's and I just had goosebumps.

vCash
    Kiri Baga confirmed on Twitter yesterday [May 1] that YAS alum Garrett Kling choreographed her SP (music is "Dark Eyes").
    TSL just posted a new video of Baga running through her SP without the jumps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guRHi-Axyf8
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I love Alissa and her skating, but I loathe GWTW. Having said that, I'm thrilled that she is competing this season. Do we know what her SP music is?
    I think if it were timed Ice Palace Suite eats up more time. I kept thinking when is GWTW going to start. I love GWTW, to a large extent because of of Vivien Leigh, and that passage of music always affects me emotionally.

vCash
    As posted in the Russia thread, Artur Gachinski's first outing of "Anna Karenina".

Fancam ahoy.

vCash
    Richard Dornbush is in Vancouver for seminars and choreography and will be working with Mark Pillay again (Pillay choreographed his SP last year): http://www.connaughtsc.com/news.php?id=303

vCash
    Program & choreographer news for a U.S. lady and a pair team was published in today's (4/16/13) edition of the Inside Edge blog (link posted in this thread):

Madeline Aaron & Max Settlage - staying junior internationally and nationally:

So EXCITED for Madeline & Max, they are honestly my favorite junior pair team, and when they finally enter seniors I think they either may tie my fav pair team (Donlan & Speroff) or overtake them. Seriously, what's not to love about this pair! They *have it all* ~ technical ability, creativity, stretched & pointed toes, perfect posture, speed, power, aesthetically beautiful, ballet on ice ~ ahhhh. *insert heart*

And everything they have done since they teamed up and won novice pairs a couple of years ago has been phenomenal, gorgeous music, choreographed programs that highlight all their beauty & power, and on & on & on. Now they will be skating to one of Julie Marcotte's programs, OMG, it's bound to secure them the junior pair title at last...

Quote Originally Posted by hippychick View Post
    Just read the article on Ice Chips on Icenetwork. Donlan and Speroff announced their music for next season. Meditation from Thais for their SP and Nutcracker for their FS. Great choices for them.
    Ahhh, excellent choices indeed! Perfectly suited to their classical style of skating. If they can match Madeline & Max's exquisite interpretation of "Nutcracker On Ice" (which secured them the novice pair title btw), then nothing more need be said. Here's hoping they finally land the jumps, including the throw jumps, and live up to their potential!

I LOVE the movie "Ever After" starring Drew Barrymore (one of my all-time favs in fact!). Can't wait to see their interpretation to this magnificent piece of music!

Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    As posted in the Russia thread, Artur Gachinski's first outing of "Anna Karenina".

Fancam ahoy.
    Wow, Artur is really going for it, because the person that created this was also the same one that created Zhenya's signature piece ~ "Ninjinsky!" (8^O Can't wait to finally view it.

vCash
    Richard Dornbush is in Vancouver for seminars and choreography and will be working with Mark Pillay again (Pillay choreographed his SP last year): http://www.connaughtsc.com/news.php?id=303
    Hey, NadineWhite and I were just discussing Mark Pallay's work for M-T/M in another thread. I didn't realize that Dornbush had worked with Pallay on his last season's sp, which I love! OK, I checked and it looks like Mark Pillay is the correct spelling -- it's misspelled as Pallay on Kirsten Moore-Towers' Wiki page.

I too am loving Donlan/ Speroff's choices ... on paper. Please be inspired (work hard on improving your weaknesses) and take some strong steps forward this coming season D/S! You have the power and the magic, and you can do it!

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    So EXCITED for Madeline & Max, they are honestly my favorite junior pair team, and when they finally enter seniors I think they either may tie my fav pair team (Donlan & Speroff) or overtake them...

If they can match Madeline & Max's exquisite interpretation of "Nutcracker On Ice" (which secured them the novice pair title btw), then nothing more need be said...
    But it seems to me that Maddie and Max may have been inspired by Gretchen and Andrew's Sleeping Beauty fp in 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTEdwrH1ZMs

to perform their own 2013 sp to The Swan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIo5nGART7I
    Last edited by aftershocks; 05-08-2013 at 04:59 PM.

vCash
    Some program updates from recent interviews I've done:

Sean Rabbitt's short program will be set to David Garrett's version of "Who Wants To Live Forever?", choreographed by Justin Dillon. His free skate will be performed to "Sing Sing Sing, Part 2" (Benny Goodman) from "Fosse", choreographed by Cindy Stuart: http://skateguard1.blogspot.ca/2013/...n-rabbitt.html

Grant Hochstein will have a new free skate choreographed by Karen Kwan: http://skateguard1.blogspot.ca/2013/...hochstein.html

South Africa's junior men's champion Johann Wilkinson - who is competing to defend his national title at his country's Nationals which start on Sunday - is using "In The Mood" by Glenn Miller as his short program and "The Feeling Begins" by Peter Gabriel for his free skate: http://skateguard1.blogspot.ca/2013/...wilkinson.html

Hope this helps!

vCash
    Via Sylvia in the Ice Dreams/Jamestown, NY event thread...

"Interview by and performance of Aaron" (8+ mins): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mZTPYdkrBA
    Per Max in his Jamestown interview...

Lori Nichol is choreographing his long program (!) and Pasquale the short program. Will have 3 quads in LP; 2 in SP.

vCash
    I hope we dont have to wait until October to find out what Mao is skating too...

vCash
    Twitter:

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 12m
    . @GraceEGold will skate to music from The Sleeping Beauty, choreographed by Marina Zoueva & Oleg Epstein next season http://www.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

vCash
    Boy, that's a stretch for Gracie. She has the look, but does she have the artistry? If Zoueva & Epstein can turn her into Princess Aurora... especially right after Zijun Li's big success with that music... it will be a huge leap forward for her. This will be interesting!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    There's a lot of music in "The Sleeping Beauty," a lot of which could be very appropriate for Gold, but I doubt Zoueva will venture far from Rose Adagio and the Wedding PDD. The Carabosse music is very strong: it was used for Urmanov's Tchaikovsky mash-up program that also included "Swan Lake" and for which his costume had wings, and I'll be happily surprised if Zoueva ventures there.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Boy, that's a stretch for Gracie. She has the look, but does she have the artistry? If Zoueva & Epstein can turn her into Princess Aurora... especially right after Zijun Li's big success with that music... it will be a huge leap forward for her. This will be interesting!
    Even if it turns out kind of bland, it's GOT to be better than last year's material.

vCash
    Peter Tchernyshev has choreographed at least one program for Adelina Sotnikova: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3922153

vCash
    It sounds like Kiri's Dark Eyes is to the exact same version of the song, exact same cuts and all, as Sasha's SP, with, from what I could see, most of the jumps and the spiral in the exact same place? I already can't help but compare to Sasha's program when someone skates to that music, because her program was just wonderful, but this really, really looks like a lesser version of what I consider to be one of the greatest SP's skated (the 2006 Olympics performance). I hope it seems less like that once it's finished.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast