Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    But there goes my wish of having her reprise Swan Lake.
    Rather not. Doing Swan Lake after Ashley and Mao has done it so well would make judges make comparison. I don't think she wants to use the same music as Mao did the last season.

vCash
    Nobunari Oda's FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq6G4VhwpoQ
    so nice to see him back. great performance.
    Japanese Nationals are going to be heartbreaking. So many talented young men and only 3 olympics spots - Takahashi, Hanyu, Kozuka, Oda, Mura and others

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    The Program The jumps
    Chan's jump issues seem to be related to stamina rather than poor technique. His first 4-3 was beautiful. Remember he has trained at altitude in the past which he is no longer doing. I was impressed that the non-jump elements held together as well as they did given how clearly exhausted he was at the end of the skate. At least he didn't fall

vCash
    And here's the FD...

Alexandra Paul/Mitchell Islam (CAN)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfr8CJUM0_Q

This one's a real beauty (though the video quality certainly takes away from it).

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Ross Miner's FS is music by Michael W. Smith from his Glory CD per this Icenetwork article. He's fulfilling the rite of passage that all SCOB skaters must skate to Michael W. Smith at some point in their career.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Love Paul and Islam's free dance. I loved their free dance last year. I really hope this is a good year for them...

vCash
    Chan's free skate doesn't seem to be available at the previous link. anybody have another link?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey_ View Post
    Chan's free skate doesn't seem to be available at the previous link. anybody have another link?
    I posted another link in the Chan thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3976671
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Bobrova/Soloviev: I think that they are good dancers however there is something unpolished about them and it was evident even last season. He in particular seems like he rushes and when compared to skaters like Scott Moir, Andre Poje, he totally misses the boat on his body position, line and character of the music. This years material seems better than last year.

Paul/Islam: I think that it's sad that in order for them to really break into the top of the pack, they will ahve to distort their beautiful skating with 700million additional steps etc. Their programs are just mesmerizing. They look like they stepped right out of a dream to me. I was a fan of theirs last year with the Edith Pilaf SP they did. she's is gorgeous and he is everything to her as a partner and they look fabulous. They skate butter smooth and Pasquale gives them perfect material. I want to enjoy this team before they succumb to the mandates of COP in order to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Rather not. Doing Swan Lake after Ashley and Mao has done it so well would make judges make comparison. I don't think she wants to use the same music as Mao did the last season.
    While I liked Mao's Swan Lake and Ashley's Black Swan, I don't think they were untouchable. Adelina has the ballerina body type (long limbs; long arms, legs) and body line to pull it off.

Though, in my book, no one touches Sasha's Swan Lake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lahaa968 View Post
    While I liked Mao's Swan Lake and Ashley's Black Swan, I don't think they were untouchable. Adelina has the ballerina body type (long limbs; long arms, legs) and body line to pull it off.

I prefer Mao's and Ashley's to Sasha's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lahaa968 View Post

Adelina was a baby ballerina when she was younger, but now she is more of a fiery athletic skater. Next to Gao and Kostner, her legs are not long at all, and she's not very tall either, so ballerina is not the best comparison. Physically she is more like Ashley.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...qlhvo1_500.jpg http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/160...u%2FuoLw%3D%3D

She has good stretch and carriage on the ice, but I think she will do best with programs that show off her power, raw athleticism, and sassy personality. Girl has got spunk and it shouldn't be wasted with bland ballet programs (however if she wanted to channel crazy Natalie Portman in Black Swan, I think she could do so very convincingly.)

vCash
    Hanyu revealed his new long program in Tronto today. It's "Romeo and Juliet" by Nino Rota. He doesn't change his SP.
    http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNAS...20C13A8000000/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Hanyu revealed his new long program in Tronto today. It's "Romeo and Juliet" by Nino Rota. He doesn't change his SP.

vCash
    Warhorse notwithstanding, the music itself suits Hanyu IMO. This could be very

vCash
    but he already skated to Romeo and Juliet 2 years ago...and I hate Nino Rota's version ad nauseum

vCash
    I'm a little confused and shocked. While Hanyu was staying in Japan for Dreams on Ice and Fantasy on Ice, there was some news on his SP. It said his coaches were hesitating on keeping last season's, and he wanted a new SP. He said he knew he couldn't show the best of last SP at London Worlds, but still he wanted to show a new thing and Jeffrey Buttle had been thinking a lot about it for him. I was wondering which side had been convinced. And it's surprising FP is R&J again...
    Maybe his injuries have not been healed yet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    I'm a little confused and shocked. While Hanyu was staying in Japan for Dreams on Ice and Fantasy on Ice, there was some news on his SP. It said his coaches were hesitating on keeping last season's, and he wanted a new SP. He said he knew he couldn't show the best of last SP at London Worlds, but still he wanted to show a new thing and Jeffrey Buttle had been thinking a lot about it for him. I was wondering which side had been convinced. And it's surprising FP is R&J again...
    Maybe his injuries have not been healed yet?
    Seems one of the most popular newspaper in Japan, Asahi-shinbun interviewed with Orser and it tweeted: https://twitter.com/asahi_sports/sta...69277987991552
    My rough translation: About keeping Hanyu's SP, Oser comented "'(As he was) going to try the new one of a similar image, then I thought even keeping last season's SP would be good". Discussing with Hanyu who was going to try new one, he (and Hanyu) decided to keep his SP.

It sounds Oser offered to keep although Hanyu wanted to change at first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    It is unexpected... He talked he might make a new SP, because he loves challenging, want to do new things, Like already he decided to make new SP

and I thought he is a type of skater who feels unpleasant with reusing programs due to his past interviews

vCash
    Tomas Verner's programs: https://www.facebook.com/tomasverner...51813263475943
    Short Program - "Dueling Banjos" (from The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 'Deliverance').

Long Program - "Tango Medley": Oblivion, Adios Nonino, Libertango (all three by Astor Piazolla) and La Cumparsita (by Matos Rodriguez). [Same music, but complete new version of Season 2008/09's free program]
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast