Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenifer View Post
    Was really hoping they would go for something a little less crucifixion-y for their end pose
    I just showed the end pose to Mr. Finnice. He was in the need of a laugh. Actually, the music is not that bad. And what else were we expect from V/T than

vCash
    If they win the OGM with this program...

vCash
    Viktoria Helgesson
    SP:Mystery Walz
    LP:Harem Cobra Goddess

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    If they win the OGM with this program...
    Sadly, I think it's more like when they win an OGM with that program...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Sadly, I think it's more like when they win an OGM with that program...
    Yeah - it's sad that they were able to get a WR score last season when they had a fall

vCash
    So V&T are skating last year's LP to different music, except with the pair spin moved to the middle of the progarm.

I predict they go back to "Black Swan" for the Olympics by popular demand.

I don't know if this is a credible report or not, but Brian Joubert may end up scrapping Gladiator in favor of last year's Inception LP (which looked promising to me before he switched to Gladiator).
    I hope so. The Inception one is so much better.
    Last edited by casken; 08-14-2013 at 08:16 PM. Reason: V&T, not V&M

vCash
    I pray that S/S will skate perfectly in Sochi, so that the judges have to give them the OGM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Yeah - it's sad that they were able to get a WR score last season when they had a fall
    That program was bad enough without the fall - so blah. At least the fall added some interest.

Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    So V&M are skating last year's LP to different music, except with the pair spin moved to the middle of the progarm.

I predict they go back to "Black Swan" for the Olympics by popular demand.
    V/T, you mean? And yes, I can see that happening. That two such talented skaters consistently go with programs that show so little of it is really sad. I preferred Maxim when he skated to lyrical snot. Bring it back, I say!

The very best case scenario: S/S beat V/T by some margin and retire with their well-deserved OGM, while V/T stay until 2018 and go to Ingo, who turns them into an interesting pair.

I hope so. The Inception one is so much better.
    I know - I was so disappointed when he changed programs. I'd like to think that Albena put her foot down.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Oh, I may have issues with some of Trankovs's programs with Volosozhar, but I'd never want to see him go back the programs he used to do with Mukhortova, except the sneezy clown SP from 2005 and the Lady & The Hooligan LP.

vCash
    V/T's new LP doesn't seem to be worse than the material they had last season. Which isn't necessarily a compliment to the choreographer though.

Re Joubert. I personally am glad he wants to return to The Inception and I hope he'll stick to it. If he does, let's see if the judges will reward him better on the PC mark for the quality of the program than they did for Gladiator.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Oh, I may have issues with some of Trankovs's programs with Volosozhar, but I'd never want to see him go back the programs he used to do with Mukhortova, except the sneezy clown SP from 2005 and the Lady & The Hooligan LP.
    Yeah, I liked the Lady & The Hooligan absolutely.

What about theier 2009 and 2010 short programs?
    they were quite well and the main reason i fell in love with them and still cry over mukhortovas loss.

especially the pink foyd sp is really one of my absolute pair favourite short programs.
    Last edited by Jeschke; 08-14-2013 at 09:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marta24 View Post
    I pray that S/S will skate perfectly in Sochi, so that the judges have to give them the OGM.
    That would take V/T making multiple, technically costly mistakes, in front of their home crowd, not to mention S/S putting together two technically complete/clean programs.

IMO the probability of those two events coinciding in the same universe is so low that there would have to be a large warp in the space-time continuum for it to happen.

The JCSS program of V/T sounds tacky, but they are great pair skaters (in the league of GG) with good style and, at the end of the day, that's all that really matters. It's my understanding that in pair skating, it's the perfection of the "pair" and "unison" aspect that trumps all, whereas I feel like in singles or dance the equal combination of technique and choreography is much more critical.

vCash
    IMO, M&T'S Pink Floyd sp was the best thing they've ever done.

vCash
    The very best case scenario: S/S beat V/T by some margin and retire with their well-deserved OGM, while V/T stay until 2018 and go to Ingo, who turns them into an interesting pair.
    Ita!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    thanks for this.

ouch on the lp music; start and end are awful imo, the middle section okay; but no music for a big arena and such a big event; don't know if they will do themselves any favor with this.

s/s lift in the sp
    This music is ghastly...borderlining dreadful. I am excited about the pairs event at the Olympics, but in my Fred Sanford voice "GREAT DAY IN THE MORNING" that music is bad. Maybe i hate the beginning more and the rest will grow on my but eeeeesh...

V&T short program: Am I the only one who does not like to see dance holds used with pairs when the man is so much taller than the woman? I dont care for it. Honestly, I wouldnt mind seeing Moskvina work with this team. Thats just me.
    Last edited by arakwafan2006; 08-14-2013 at 11:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    So V&T are skating last year's LP to different music, except with the pair spin moved to the middle of the progarm.
    Yes. Exactly. And the same layout they've had since they started:

Part I: twist, SBS sals, SBS toe combos, DS, SBS spins in that order.
    ~ POSING section ~
    Part II: throw loop ... then throw sal, lifts and pair spin in some order

Lord, not a single risk to be had in there. They tried once last year to move the SBS toes to the second half of the program and gave up after Max blew it like twice. Generic music. Safe programs. Comfortable layout. Zzzzzzz. I thought I would love them in 2011 but I'm just about wishing they are handed O gold in a Chan-like fashion just so they'll take their dreck programs and go away, no matter how much I think Trankov is fabulous eye candy. Skaters this good should be challenging themselves a lot harder than this. :roll eyes: x2

My for Aliona/Robin/Ingo just raised 100-fold for their willingness to take risks on everything even if it's an abject fail -- from costumes to music to insane twist entries to a throw triple axel at the bitter end of a free skate. Balls.

vCash
    V/T are such great skaters, but I can't stand their long program. Jesus Christ Superstar IMO isn't great music anyway (although entertaining certainly within the context of the show) and the program seems tacky and charmless for such a big event.

vCash
    According to his Twitter account, Lysacek is scrapping his "Samson & Delilah" FS from last season in favor of a new one TBA shortly.

vCash
    I am going to be honest: I really want to see what Lysacek will bring this season and how he will manage this comeback.

About the russian teams:
    It's too early to draw any conclusions. I am not a fan of JCS but I believe we must give V&T the benefit of doubt because they are wonderful skaters.

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast