Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    I wonder if Max's SP will be anything like Torvill/Dean's cuts. I lurrrved that piece.
    Interesting thought. Chris Dean said he has worked with Max for a few weeks.
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi

vCash
    Aliona Savchenko/Robin Szolkowy and coach Ingo Steuer revealed their SP music in an interview. They are skating to "When Winter Comes", a music especially composed for them by Andre Rieu.
    http://www.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

The long program will be revealed at the end of this month.

For the first time, they also worked with David Wilson in Toronto. Ingo praised this collaboration.

vCash
    Hmmm...

On the one hand, I so profoundly admire Steuer's choreography that I think it's a shame we'll get less of it next year. David Wilson's choreography runs the gamut from mediocre to brilliant, so I'm certainly hopeful that they produce something. Reading the article, I get the feeling that Wilson was not the choreographer, though, but more a PCS adjunct.

Terrific article, though. Lots of intriguing insight into Steuer's mindset and I simultaneously cannot wait to see what they have in store, but am very sad it's their final season. One of my all time favourites.

vCash
    I'm sad this will be their final season too. I'm hoping that if they can't win the OGM (seems unlikely with the anointing of V/T at Worlds last season) that they can at least give us more memorable programs and have performances at the Olympics that they're proud of.

vCash
    modern_muslimah;3967102]I'm sad this will be their final season too. I'm hoping that if they can't win the OGM (seems unlikely with the anointing of V/T at Worlds last season) that they can at least give us more memorable programs and have performances at the Olympics that they're proud of.
    I think it's too soon to give the gold to V/T. Don't forget the team who won worlds in 09 only got the bronze in Vancouver so anything is possible. I hope S/S have great programs that shine.

vCash
    Also mentioned in the article is confirmation that Tanya and Max are using Jesus Christ Superstar! Ghost 2.0 from Morozov

vCash
    S/S SP sounds wonderful but V/T 'Jesus Christ Superstar'? Why? The thought of it makes me want toI like both teams but I hope S/S win because this is it for them. It's selfish on my part too because then maybe I hope V/T will stick around. They have another 4 years in them don't they?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Also mentioned in the article is confirmation that Tanya and Max are using Jesus Christ Superstar! Ghost 2.0 from Morozov
    Not thrilled about that music choice. If they had to use it, I'd rather see them use that music in a season that was not an Olympic year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Aliona Savchenko/Robin Szolkowy and coach Ingo Steuer revealed their SP music in an interview. They are skating to "When Winter Comes", a music especially composed for them by Andre Rieu.
    I approve of skaters using lesser-known/bespoke music. Their SP the last couple of seasons have been fairly forgettable and I'm hoping this will inspire them to do something more interesting.

Some very interesting comments from Steuer, though I must say, they have been superior to V/T in the PCS before and it hasn't always helped, with the latter's political support and user-friendly programs. But hopefully the combination of Steuer's and Wilson's work will help them in that regard; I'd love to hear from Wilson about his experience working with the three of them.

I love that Steuer just had Tatiana Volosozhar tell him her music "direction", I wonder how Max and the rest of V/T's team felt about it. His take on JCS is pretty amusing, too.

vCash
    Jesus....Christ....Superstar??

vCash
    another crappy SP fo r V/T, the LP better be good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    http://www.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

The long program will be revealed at the end of this month.

For the first time, they also worked with David Wilson in Toronto. Ingo praised this collaboration.
    Thanks for the links.
    Great to read, that Steuer and S/S decided not to take part in the Team Event at Sochi. Few years back Steuer had a different thought on that. As it would be in front and very close to their own competition I am happy to see that they can totally focus on that.

I am happy too, that there is another try for the collabortion with Andree Rieu. As i mentioned many times, their originally planned LP of 2010 'You'll never walk alone' could have been one of those master programs which always would remain in memories. a shame that it was changed.

interessting to read, that there seems to be something like a 'presentation of the german programs'. hope this times it's really with all it's leading skaters an dnot just 2 or 3.

fingers crossed for aliona and robin.

vCash
    I love S/S, but was it really necessary for Steuer to mention V/T in his interview? Couldn't he let V/T announce their music themselves? I know he said "there are rumors", but still I didn't like that he mentioned that at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I think it's too soon to give the gold to V/T. Don't forget the team who won worlds in 09 only got the bronze in Vancouver so anything is possible. I hope S/S have great programs that shine.
    That was a different situation, though. No Russian pair was a real contender for gold, it was all between S/S and the Chinese. This time, pairs is the field where Russia can take home the gold the easiest and the most likely. There should be a lot of pressure to push V/T to the top of the podium.
    Tatiana and Maxim have been receiving riddiculously high notes these past seasons, I don't think it will be any different at the Olys which they have at home.

In order to win gold, Aliona and Robin will have to be absolutely flawless and V/T will have to make some mistakes. Which is sad, cause IMHO Aliona and Robin still have a much better skating quality and look much more efortless in their elements. I love V/T, they are strong technically and amazing chemistry and drama-wise, but I just wish they were receiving notes for their skating, not for the country they represent. I am aware that S/S tend to make mistakes more often, but I just cannot see how clean S/S are any worse than clean V/T.

vCash
    There was a discussion going on in another thread about V/T's music for the new season and one poster suggested V/T might have picked JCS for one of their programs. Either that poster already knew something that we didn't or someone from Ingo's team read that thread and took seriously what was just guesswork on the part of the poster. lol

"Aliona and Robin now are much better component-wise again, and certainly better than the Russians."
    Steuer is not afraid to speak his mind.

Which is sad, cause IMHO Aliona and Robin still have a much better skating quality
    I respect your opinion but I do not agree that S/S have better skating quality than V/T.

S/S are taking a lot of risk with the 3A in the short program but they obviously think it's their only chance to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I think Coomes and Buckland will do very well with MJ.
    Yes, the only minus is that Shibutanis are doing a Jackson medley too.

Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    There was a discussion going on in another thread about V/T's music for the new season and one poster suggested V/T might have picked JCS for one of their programs. Either that poster already knew something that we didn't or someone from Ingo's team read that thread and took seriously what was just guesswork on the part of the poster. lol
    Ehh, there was also an explanation why that poster thought so - I thought so too exactly because of that same reason. Mozer mentioned in an interview that their LP music was from a musical that they had seen in New York, and Trankov had posted a picture and message on his Instagram about them attending 'Jesus Christ Superstar' at the time which Mozer was talking of - that is all. The poster explained all of that. So it was just a guess indeed (which most likely turned out to be true), not some inside knowledge. As for Steuer - he said in the interview that he had asked Volosozhar about the direction of their LP music.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 08-03-2013 at 04:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    That was a different situation, though. No Russian pair was a real contender for gold, it was all between S/S and the Chinese. This time, pairs is the field where Russia can take home the gold the easiest and the most likely. There should be a lot of pressure to push V/T to the top of the podium.
    Tatiana and Maxim have been receiving riddiculously high notes these past seasons, I don't think it will be any different at the Olys which they have at home.

In order to win gold, Aliona and Robin will have to be absolutely flawless and V/T will have to make some mistakes. Which is sad, cause IMHO Aliona and Robin still have a much better skating quality and look much more efortless in their elements. I love V/T, they are strong technically and amazing chemistry and drama-wise, but I just wish they were receiving notes for their skating, not for the country they represent. I am aware that S/S tend to make mistakes more often, but I just cannot see how clean S/S are any worse than clean V/T.
    My point was that S/S were OMG favorites going into Vancouver much of it because they had just won worlds and even after the Olympic sp and yet they were third. They were beaten by a team who was not only 4th in LA in 09 but 4th in the Olympic sp. If V/T have an abysmal sp like they did at worlds last year and make a ton of silly mistakes like they have in the free before, they won't win. Judges don't seem to be afraid of giving them low marks. I remember his reaction to the 60 they got at worlds, so they know it can happen.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Yes, the only minus is that Shibutanis are doing a Jackson medley too.
    It'll only be a minus if the Shibutanis have a better programme.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    It'll only be a minus if the Shibutanis have a better programme.
    Did I say that it will necessarily be a minus for Coomes/Buckland ?

vCash
    Mirai's "The Man I Love" SP from the Glacier Classic competition this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pJPTTRin2A

Made me smile, as usual. (Landed 3F+3T but looked <)

Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast