Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

vCash
    Well, V&M and Delschoes both skated to Great Gig in The Sky. V&M also used Money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Well, V&M and Delschoes both skated to Great Gig in The Sky. V&M also used Money.
    Oh duh. For some reason, I thought both teams skated to Shine On You Crazy Diamond. Teach me to be more conscientious before I post.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Is "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" the only Pink Floyd song skaters/choreographers know?

It's like the "go to" song for skaters who want to look more contemporary, even though it's like almost 40 years old. However, skating does tend to be way behind the times when it comes to these sorts of things (among other things).
    Delshoes and V&M used Great Gig in the Sky, and V&M used Money, and I think someone has used Another Brick in the Wall
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    Ina/Zimmerman had a great SP to "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" during the 2002 Olympic Season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c0Nloma40I

vCash
    IIRC, Artur Gachinski skated to both for his 2010-11 short program.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    I'm consistently impressed at Wagner's choices this season.

vCash
    I love that Ashley chose Prokofiev's version of R&J. I think it suits her perfectly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    I love that Ashley chose Prokofiev's version of R&J. I think it suits her perfectly.
    Yes, awesome choice, Ashley! I love that music!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    The dueling Great Gigs of 2008-9! (never skated in the same competition due to injuries ).

Other Pink Floyd programs that haven't yet been mentioned: also in 2008-9, Vanessa James/Yannick Bonheur skated to Shine on you Crazy Diamond and Mukhortova/Trankov skated to Nobody Home, a lovely SP which made good use of Trankov's fondness for dramatic expressions Brian Joubert had an SP based in part on Time, which he used in 2002-3 and 2003-4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    The dueling Great Gigs of 2008-9! (never skated in the same competition due to injuries ).

Other Pink Floyd programs that haven't yet been mentioned: also in 2008-9, Vanessa James/Yannick Bonheur skated to Shine on you Crazy Diamond and Mukhortova/Trankov skated to Nobody Home, a lovely SP which made good use of Trankov's fondness for dramatic expressions Brian Joubert had an SP based in part on Time, which he used in 2002-3 and 2003-4.
    mukhortova

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    mukhortova
    Well, if you put it side by side next to V/T's horrific Godfather SP

Mukhortova obviously wasn't the greatest pairs skater around, but she had some lovely qualities to her skating and in hindsight I think she was a bit underrated, and the programs were not as objectionable as some of V/T's efforts.

vCash
    I'm so excited that Ashley is doing Prokofiev's R&J! Definitely my absolute favorite ballet and I think it'll really suit her.

vCash
    Just rewatched A/P olympic program on that music. A masterpiece.

Black Swan was a huge success for Ashley, so I am not surprised by her choice. She is not the typical ballerina, even though she must have increased her ballet training in the past couple of years. Her posture has improved so much. If a Russian ballerina-type skater like Sotnikova happened to use the same music, the comparison could hurt Ashley.

vCash
    Oh I love D/S Great gig in the sky

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    Unfortunately my hatred for Sing, Sing, Sing is going to outweigh the choreography, no matter how good it is.
    I feel the same about that music!

vCash
    Is "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" the only Pink Floyd song skaters/choreographers know?

It's like the "go to" song for skaters who want to look more contemporary, even though it's like almost 40 years old. However, skating does tend to be way behind the times when it comes to these sorts of things (among other things).
    People already answered you, but I wanted to comment on the other part of your post. I think that Pink Floyd is not "way behind the times" - they are one of those bands/singers/musicians that are still contemporary after so many years, and will be for some time at least, while most of the music that is on top now will be old very soon.

vCash
    But who judges that? People are biased towards music they appreciate.

But I do think Pink Floyd is pretty classic and will allow programs set to it to be timeless if done well.

vCash
    But who judges that? People are biased towards music they appreciate.
    Well, Pink Floyd have been appreciated by many all those years, and still are .

But I do think Pink Floyd is pretty classic and will allow programs set to it to be timeless if done well.
    That's what I was talking about - classic and timeless can't be "behind the times" .

vCash
    . However, skating does tend to be way behind the times when it comes to these sorts of things (among other things).
    This is an observation I made as well. It's almost like you want them to experience pop culture. I presume that since Shae is very current and relevant, she will absolutely make Ashley look current and edgy with a refinement. I still think that skaters version of "new" and "cool" is always LATE.

vCash
    Nvm.

Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast