Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I've posted a new article on Danielle O'Brien/Greg Merriman in the Aussie Skating thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3954588
    Relevant excerpt:
    O'Brien/Merriman's programs are basically everything I am. I loved their circus program so I'm glad they're keeping it.

vCash
    According to tweets, Takahiko Kozuka's new SP is Unsquare Dance, choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne. He is performing the program at Prince Ice World show this weekend.

I'm not going to get into specifics, but it's certainly frozen over.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midori View Post
    According to tweets, Takahiko Kozuka's new SP is Unsquare Dance, choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne. He is performing the program at Prince Ice World show this weekend.
    Oooh, nice choice for him. I've been hoping someone someday would use that piece and Kozuka is perfect for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Impromptu View Post
    Oooh, nice choice for him. I've been hoping someone someday would use that piece and Kozuka is perfect for it.
    Nam Nguyen used it last year although I realize he's not an elite skater. Yes good choice though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Since I don't see it listed yet: P/B have announced their SD theme and at least some of the music - We built our program with Laurie May Ayivigan, on the theme "Bob Fosse" (with the famous music piece "Sing, Sing, Sing").

Sing, Sing, Sing sounds meh, a Bob Fosse theme sounds interesting. We'll see soon enough which it is, I guess...

(re the topic above: I recall a lot of people landing jumps in practice that they never managed successfully in competition )
    l: I was expecting them to use a french artist. I have a feeling there will be alot of Sing Sing Sing this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    l: I was expecting them to use a french artist. I have a feeling there will be alot of Sing Sing Sing this season.
    Fosse's choreography for Sing Sing Sing is a masterpiece. Enjoy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q2zfpUFueU

vCash
    Thank you operagirl that sure is a masterpiece.I hope P/B will use that choreography as an inspiration and will be able to do some of it on skates

vCash
    Misha Ge (UZB) debuted his SP to Albinoni's "Adagio in G Minor" at a competition in Nanjing, China this past weekend - here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW-R-UOcakE
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by operagirl View Post
    Fosse's choreography for Sing Sing Sing is a masterpiece.
    Unfortunately my hatred for Sing, Sing, Sing is going to outweigh the choreography, no matter how good it is.
    Last edited by orientalplane; 07-16-2013 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Half-asleep today :shuffle:
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    Gracie Gold reveals in her latest blog post that Marina Zoueva choreographed her SP to Gershwin's "Three Preludes": http://www.teamusa.org/Team-USA-Wint...-Season-Begins
    ... Gershwin composed it in 1926 and it has a jazzy feel to it. Although I felt hesitant about it in the beginning, the more we played with it, the “righter” it felt to me. The program sort of “took on a life of its own” and carried us along with it. I absolutely love it! The choreography is amazing. It’s sensual and playful at the same time. I feel a bit “cat-like” while I’m performing it. Marina has had me working with an array of top notch dance instructors on my visits. Their areas of expertise range from classical ballet to modern dance. This program definitely has a modern dance flavor.
    (Zoueva choreographed a pro number for Katia Gordeeva to a violin version of "Three Preludes" that she performed on the 1997-98 Stars on Ice tour.)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    It must be a requirement that all American lady skaters skate to Gershwin at some point. Even Kwan did.

Oh god, sensual?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by siouxdonym View Post
    It must be a requirement that all American lady skaters skate to Gershwin at some point. Even Kwan did.

Oh god, sensual?
    When did Kwan skate to Gerswin? I don't remember. I actually don't remember a lot of ladies skating to Gershwin much.

ETA: It looks like she skated to Gershwin in 1992. No wonder I didn't remember it. I don't really remember that many programs set to Gershwin from the women other than Kim's though.

94.500.000 kílómetrar frá sólinni (og enn frekar frá stjarnfræðilegur læsi).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    When did Kwan skate to Gerswin? I don't remember. I actually don't remember a lot of ladies skating to Gershwin much.

ETA: It looks like she skated to Gershwin in 1992. No wonder I didn't remember it. I don't really remember that many programs set to Gershwin from the women other than Kim's though.
    Emily Hughes, Mirai Nagasu, Rachael Flatt, and Agnes Zawadzki are the other US ladies I can think of right now.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    Oh good, I love "Three Preludes."
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Don't forget Ashley Wagner back in 2007 with her ponytail from hell.

vCash
    No wonder I couldn't think of any. All these ladies are post-Torino. I was going through my separation with skating days during that time.

Vacant
    vCash
    Love three preludes. Very exciting music with a lot of opportunities for some original and inventive choreography. Gordeeva's 3 preludes is one of my favourites of all her solo programs so I'm hopeful for a great program here. On paper this is very promising.

vCash
    Ashley Wagner:
    SP - 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond' by Pink Floyd (choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne)
    FS - 'Romeo & Juliet' by Sergei Prokofiev (choreographed by David Wilson)

Source: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
    Ashley Wagner:
    SP - 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond' by Pink Floyd (choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne)
    FS - 'Romeo & Juliet' by Sergei Prokofiev (choreographed by David Wilson)

Source: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    I like these for her. The SP sounds promising and while R&J is hardly original, I think it suits her style and intensity.

vCash
    Is "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" the only Pink Floyd song skaters/choreographers know?

It's like the "go to" song for skaters who want to look more contemporary, even though it's like almost 40 years old. However, skating does tend to be way behind the times when it comes to these sorts of things (among other things).

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast