Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    This. The only problem is that last season he also started with two "non-Morozov" programs, but...
    LMAO You couldn't let me enjoy the news for ONE WHOLE DAY could you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhaneh View Post
    LMAO You couldn't let me enjoy the news for ONE WHOLE DAY could you?
    Oh, no! Sorry! No! Please, enjoy. Just... be prepared.

vCash
    And I am both excited and anxious to see the free skate now: with that music choice and Lori choreographying it, I expect it to be either sublime or completely bland. If done well if could become quite emotional though as it could really read as a sort of "last hurrah" program

And confirmation non of this is from Morozov, which is the best news I've had since the end of last season to be honest
    Yes, indeed. I do hope Takahashi will stick with what Miyamoto and Lori created for him and won't be lured by Morozov into skating HIS choreographies. Sublime or completely bland, at least Nichol's programs don't feel empty. If skaters don't do more difficult jumps or jump combinations than were done ten years ago, they should at least challenge themselves with more difficult transitions and more complex bladework between elements, otherwise where's the progress in this sport?

Beatles is an unexpected choice from Lori for an elite skater for the Olympic season where one would expected to hear mostly classical - sonatas, concertos, symphonies, opera and ballet - as well as very popular movie soundtracks. Can't wait to see the program.

vCash
    A happy sigh from me. As long as Takahashi sticks to Miyamoto this season, I have no other request whatsoever for the skating gods. Thank you thank you thank you. Can't wait to see it.

vCash
    This^

I'm very excited to see Daisuke's programs this year

vCash
    Oh, no! Sorry! No! Please, enjoy. Just... be prepared.
    Following figure skating is a perpetual exercise in being prepared for everything and anything

vCash
    ^^^ this!
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi

vCash
    This. The only problem is that last season he also started with two "non-Morozov" programs, but...
    Maybe I'm just being too optimistic, but I have the feeling that his relationship with Morozov is going to be very different this season.

vCash
    In looking at the selections to be included in Dai's FS, maybe he is using arrangements performed by 1966 Quartet. I checked them out after the Shibs announced they are using a piece by them for part of their FD. I didn't find a whole lot of examples, but I really enjoyed what I heard; the Beatles songs were very good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibvTS2WLAqA
    Last edited by kiss-n-cry; 07-11-2013 at 04:20 PM.

vCash
    Fuji tweeted that the fifth song of his Beatles/Wings medley is this:

Geaorge Martin - Friends and Lovers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SZLxFJDNdQ

Dai's SP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djSMq...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by ostile17; 07-11-2013 at 05:34 PM. Reason: SP link fixed

vCash
    I was wondering what "Friends and Lovers" meant, thanks for the link. I am so looking forward to both of these new programs for Dai!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Yes, indeed. I do hope Takahashi will stick with what Miyamoto and Lori created for him and won't be lured by Morozov into skating HIS choreographies. Sublime or completely bland, at least Nichol's programs don't feel empty. If skaters don't do more difficult jumps or jump combinations than were done ten years ago, they should at least challenge themselves with more difficult transitions and more complex bladework between elements, otherwise where's the progress in this sport?

Beatles is an unexpected choice from Lori for an elite skater for the Olympic season where one would expected to hear mostly classical - sonatas, concertos, symphonies, opera and ballet - as well as very popular movie soundtracks. Can't wait to see the program.
    Since the cat is out of the bag.... the Beatles medley is actually a classical type version of it and is absolutely amazing, I love it. (At least the last part of the program) Jenny Kirk used it back in 2005 for her long program.

Her program from 2005:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1hr5vf-Dvk

vCash
    ^^^ Thanks! I've cross-posted your video link in this new GSD thread, along with rosewood's and ostile17's posts: Daisuke Takahashi expresses “the love” by Beatles

ETA:
    I've posted a new article on Danielle O'Brien/Greg Merriman in the Aussie Skating thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3954588
    Relevant excerpt:
    "Our music selections for short dance this season comes from John Barry’s The Cotton Club soundtrack," Merriman said. "We really hope to translate the ballroom style of quickstep in the required Finnstep pattern and have chosen to combine this with a foxtrot and a fun, vibrant Charleston."

"We have opted to keep our 2012/13 Circus free dance for the coming season, but have made significant changes in order to build and take the program to the next level," O'Brien added. "This program really highlights our personalities and was so much fun to compete last season that we look forward to performing it again."
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-12-2013 at 03:34 AM. Reason: To add O/M's program music info
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ltnskater View Post
    Since the cat is out of the bag.... the Beatles medley is actually a classical type version of it and is absolutely amazing, I love it. (At least the last part of the program) Jenny Kirk used it back in 2005 for her long program.

Her program from 2005:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1hr5vf-Dvk
    I wasn't aware of that version, thanks for posting the link. I assume Daisuke won't be using the same part as Kirk used because I am pretty sure I heard Imagine while watching her skate and Imagine doesn't seem to be listed as one of the pieces in Takahashi's medley.

vCash
    I am pleasantly surprised that Lori is ready to choreograph to this medley.
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    I am pleasantly surprised that Lori is ready to choreograph to this medley.
    ready?

vCash
    Following figure skating is a perpetual exercise in being prepared for everything and anything
    That should be the official FSU motto!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Sounds like great choices for her and the costumes look simple but very nice.
    I think Kaetlyn's costumes are kinda meh so far. Not great, not bad.
    I'm not a huge fan of white dresses although some really do work. On this one I love the skirt piece and the shoulders. The mid-body looks like someone's embroidered pillow case. I'm not feelin it.

The black one is pretty basic to me.

I was way more impressed at the uniqueness of her dresses last year even though the LP dress had some design turnoffs.

Luckily the spark in her skating overcomes anything she's wearing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    When was the last time a pop medley program won the Olympics?
    Hmm. Grishuck & Platov '94 Lillehammer?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    I wasn't aware of that version, thanks for posting the link. I assume Daisuke won't be using the same part as Kirk used because I am pretty sure I heard Imagine while watching her skate and Imagine doesn't seem to be listed as one of the pieces in Takahashi's medley.
    The only part that I can confirm as I mentioned in my previous post that is the same as Jenny Kirk's program is the ending, last part of her program which is also the last part of Daisuke's program (with footwork)! (Unless it has changed since then but I doubt it)

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast