Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Alex Wong tweeted:

Had a blast working again with the talented @Meryl_Davis and @CharlieaWhite on their Olympic program! #2014gold!
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    As per this IN article, linked in the French news thread:

* Joubert is keeping his Gladiator LP and will have a new SP; he says in the article that he's never done two new programs in a season, which is, of course, incorrect.
    * Yretha Silete will use the programs she had prepared for the 2012-13 season. Does anyone know what those were? I can't remember if they were ever announced.
    * Pechalat/Bourzat are working with Laurie May and Julien Cottereau, and will provide details about their programs in late June. That Cottereau is involved again suggests that they will buck the usual Olympic trend of a heavy, dramatic program.
    Really? I had the opposite impression:
    The duo has elected to create their programs with their longtime choreographer, Laurie May, and renowned comedian and clown Julien Cottereau, with whom they created their "Circus" and "Charlie Chaplin" routines.
    I think their Circus and Chaplin were far from heavy and dramatic. Probably two of my favourite programs they've done in terms of interpretation and bringing out their personalities.

Dance is going to be so exciting and quite the battle next season!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Really? I had the opposite impression:

I think their Circus and Chaplin were far from heavy and dramatic. Probably two of my favourite programs they've done in terms of interpretation and bringing out their personalities.

Dance is going to be so exciting and quite the battle next season!
    Well, probably you missed the word "buck" in Zemgirl's post ?

vCash
    Oops. So I did. My bad . I read it as back.

vCash
    Duhamel/Radford - one programme to Alice in the Wonderland, one to Radford's music (from Vaitsekhovskaya)
    Last edited by TAHbKA; 04-22-2013 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Sedge's post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Duhamel/Radford - sp to Alice in the Wonderland, lp to Radford's music (from Vaitsekhovskaya)
    I think it might be the SP for the Radford composition.I have read that several places.

http://louisbabin.com/eric-radford-f...to-the-studio/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedge View Post
    I think it might be the SP for the Radford composition.I have read that several places.

http://louisbabin.com/eric-radford-f...to-the-studio/
    Thanks for the correction

vCash
    Just read the article on Ice Chips on Icenetwork. Donlan and Speroff announced their music for next season. Meditation from Thais for their SP and Nutcracker for their FS. Great choices for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hippychick View Post
    Just read the article on Ice Chips on Icenetwork. Donlan and Speroff announced their music for next season. Meditation from Thais for their SP and Nutcracker for their FS. Great choices for them.
    Thanks, I just posted the link in the Ice Chips show thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3908260
    Donlan/Speroff should be able to showcase these well-known classical pieces very well!

In the same blog article Stephen Carriere revealed his choreographers but not his program music:
    Carriere revealed that Tanith Belbin has choreographed his new short program and that David Wilson did the free skate. He declined to say what his music is, but said he plans to compete at Liberty and as many summer competitions as he can.
    Ditto for Ross Miner and the Shibutanis:
    ...Miner will head straight to Colorado to get a new free skate from Tom Dickson. He doesn't know what the music will be yet, though.
    The Shibutanis were, as always, diplomatic and cagey about revealing anything much at all about their programs or plans.
    Maia revealed that the brother and sister have been working with ballroom dancer Corky Ballas again. In fact, they had spent the previous week staying at his house in Houston.
    "We got a lot of work done," Alex went on. "Marina was very happy with what we brought back. We worked a little in the studio, in his living room, and at a local rink nearby. We have a really good rhythm to our working relationship with him, and it was really easy this time around.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-23-2013 at 01:56 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Isn't it early for teams to be announcing music? Or is time flying by me a lot quicker this year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blancanieves View Post
    Isn't it early for teams to be announcing music? Or is time flying by me a lot quicker this year?

I'm loving the early information. Never understood why everyone was always so secretive before. It's an Olympic year- throw down the gauntlet!!!!

vCash
    Carter Jones/Richard Sharpe - Senior ice dance - Team GB

"Our short dance this year is a medley of an English singer, Robbie Williams. We will be starting with his version of "Let's Face the Music and Dance" (quickstep) followed by a very fitting foxtrot for our partnership called "Have You Met Miss Jones." For our free dance we have chosen to travel to the other end of the music spectrum. We are combining an orchestral version of "Roxanne" by Maga Zoltan, mixed with a slow piece by Escala, "Finding Beauty"."

They go on to say...

"The piece of music that we both have had a strong passion for is Roxanne. We were concerned with the popularity and over-use of the original song, but when we found this version, it allowed us to use the music but enabled us to tell our own story to it."

Source: http://skateguard1.blogspot.com/2013...d-richard.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    https://twitter.com/PiperGilles/stat...65146148687873

Gilles & Poirier will be skating to a Caro Emerald medley for their SD. Off the top of my head, the songs that best fit the Finnstep are That Man and Doctor Wanna do.
    And they have announced their FD too, it'll be to the soundtrack of "Hitchcock".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperryfan View Post
    And they have announced their FD too, it'll be to the soundtrack of "Hitchcock".
    Here's the link to Poirier's tweet about it today: https://twitter.com/PaulDPoirier/sta...70742654566401
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    A question re Duhamel/Radford. Does anyone happen to know which Alice and Wonderland they're using? There have been multiple movies made with that name/theme.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperryfan View Post
    Piper did a FD to an actual Hitchcock movie soundtrack a few seasons ago with Zach Donohue. Interesting.
    I'm looking forward to seeing G/P's take on Hitchcock.

vCash
    Alexa Scimeca tweeted tonight: https://twitter.com/lexxapaige/statu...19179651944450
    @ChrisKnierim and I are so excited to announce our music for the season! Our long is to Ever After and the short is to Papa Can You Hear Me!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Why did I read Papa Can You Hear Me as Papa Don't Preach?!?

Although, I think Papa Don't Preach would be more interesting
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Piper did a FD to an actual Hitchcock movie soundtrack a few seasons ago with Zach Donohue. Interesting.
    I'm looking forward to seeing G/P's take on Hitchcock.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uci9R-54V40

This?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    A question re Duhamel/Radford. Does anyone happen to know which Alice and Wonderland they're using? There have been multiple movies made with that name/theme.
    It is the Danny Elfman soundtrack (the latest movie).

The interesting thing is that the team hasn't even started the choreography for this program yet. When Vaitsekhovskaya's article came out, I think only Meagan, Eric, and their choreographer really had the idea for it/knew about it. She must be the ultimate spy

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast