Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

vCash
    Grant Hochstein's SP was "La Califfa" last season - it's too bad he didn't skate like this at U.S. Nationals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Qic4aBbhY

Adam Rippon's new SP (choreographed by Cindy Stuart) is now listed on his site: http://www.figureskatersonline.com/a.../programs.html
    Suite from Carmen for Strings and Drums by Georges Bizet & Rodion Shchedrin

From this April 2012 article: Beyond 'Carmen': Finding the right piece of music
    "I like to change it up so that I always improve myself," Rippon said. "Everybody complains when people skate to Carmen or Swan Lake. It's an added bonus if no one ever skated to it before, but people are really drawn to warhorses. If the skater really likes it, if they enjoy it, it's contagious.

Everybody's heard Swan Lake a million times, but I loved Ashley's program. If you're passionate about, it you can sell anything."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Adam Rippon's new SP (choreographed by Cindy Stuart) is now listed on his site: http://www.figureskatersonline.com/a.../programs.html
    Suite from Carmen for Strings and Drums by Georges Bizet & Rodion Shchedrin

From this April 2012 article: Beyond 'Carmen': Finding the right piece of music

Thanks for the info, Sylvia.

Here is the Bizet/ Shchedrin version of Carmen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSF-AaxrqxQ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Not, I assume, this kind of "classical and elegant"?
    Oh lol what am I watching?

Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    I'm having a bit of a chuckle at certain people hating on D/W (I assume they are V/M fans) for their choice of Sheherezade, and yet, what did V/M use last season...?
    V/M did something different with Carmen. I don't expect D/W to do the same with Scheherazade they have yet to surprise me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Oh lol what am I watching?

V/M did something different with Carmen. I don't expect D/W to do the same with Scheherazade they have yet to surprise me.
    They will surprise you and win olympic gold with it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    I don't think that would surprise anyone, given that they've had two losses this quad. For equivalency sake, that's where Plushenko was at heading into Turin.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Zemgirl;3944960]Was that when one of the judges decided it wasn't appropriate music for ice dance? /QUOTE]

Indeed,
    The "downgrade" likely cost Blumberg and Seibert an Olympic medal.

vCash
    Even so, they'd be the most underwhelming ice dance OGM. *yawn* I fail to see how that is surprising.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    I don't think that would surprise anyone, given that they've had two losses this quad. For equivalency sake, that's where Plushenko was at heading into Turin.
    To be fair, that was the first Olympics under CoP. Shame how CoP has become just as corrupt and predictable as 6.0. The quad heading into the Vancouver was so exciting and unpredictable whereas whereas the quad heading into Sochi has become boring its always the same people that win.

vCash
    that is if they dont get too big for their britches. all those gold medals from being undefeated (just look what happened to pchan) all season must be getting to their heads but we all know that they're not the type of people to complain out loud like plushcenko if they lose. instead they pay someone to do that for them
    Last edited by tortellini; 06-29-2013 at 10:13 PM.

vCash
    Back on topic...

From the U.S. Ladies thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Karen Chen's SP (Music is "Esperanza", same as Marchei's SP last season): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqxWK1DOEd8
    Valentina Marchei tweeted today in response to seeing this video: "this music reminds me of magic! it's a lucky one! excellent job Karen!"

Karen is the 2013 U.S. Junior Ladies pewter medalist and is 13 now, so hopefully she will be able to make her JGP debut this year. ETA: Karen's SP is choreographed by Cindy Stuart.

I'm compiling the music I know or can identify for the skaters competing at this weekend's Broadmoor Open who are likely to compete internationally and will post a list later.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-30-2013 at 03:12 PM. Reason: To add Karen Chen's SP choreographer
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    An article with Trankov alludes to the long program music as being something "well known" (aka, most likely overused) and the short program music as being something unlike what they've used before. That's all the hints there are though.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    how many pseudes of rainbowkisses do this tread have? count is going up quickly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iNap View Post
    Pseudo* thread*
    thank you for your INTELLECTUAL input

vCash
    Would it be safe to assume that you and tortellini are the same person especially when you only comment when they do?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Would it be safe to assume that you and tortellini are the same person especially when you only comment when they do?
    why you all feeling a lot off the schadenfreudes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Back on topic...

From the U.S. Ladies thread:

Valentina Marchei tweeted today in response to seeing this video: "this music reminds me of magic! it's a lucky one! excellent job Karen!"

Karen is the 2013 U.S. Junior Ladies pewter medalist and is 13 now, so hopefully she will be able to make her JGP debut this year.

I'm compiling the music I know or can identify for the skaters competing at this weekend's Broadmoor Open who are likely to compete internationally and will post a list later.
    Thank you Sylvia. Bring tread back on the track

vCash
    Your comment made absolutely no sense. FYI my previous question was merely rhetorical.
    Last edited by parapluies; 06-30-2013 at 05:54 AM.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Just like Georgina!

Anyways, back to the thread, it's odd we have a rumor about D/W's music but nothing about the other ice dancers at Canton.

vCash
    Akiko Suzuki updated her blog and announced her new programs.
    SP: Hymne a L'amour   choreographed by Massimo Scali
    FS: Phantom of the Opera   choreographed by Pasquale Camerlengo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Akiko Suzuki updated her blog and announced her new programs.
    FS: Phantom of the Opera   choreographed by Pasquale Camerlengo
    Before anyone smashes it, remember Akiko is one of the few with actual musicality. So naturally the normal expectations of unique musical choice simply do not apply to her. Besides she has a track record of choreographically well adapted musicals.

Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast