Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 1005
  1. #341

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Thank you, whispering!

  2. #342

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    497
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Reading with Google translate, Pang/Tong's new SP is to "Nocturne" selected from the Italian composer who composed "La Califfa" and FS is to ”I dreamed a dream” from musical Les Misérables. Anyone is welocome who can voluntarily translate/explain the article below.
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2013-06-..._bid=250318924

    Is their SP to this music?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCC-kyxM97w
    Yes,it's the one Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze used in 2002

  3. #343

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zotza View Post
    Yes,it's the one Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze used in 2002
    Thanks, zotza. I love both of the musics. As a big fan of P/T I hooe Wilson and Morozov gave them nice programs(fingers crossed).

    Here is the video of Nocturne from "Lady Caliph" played by Yo-Yo Ma
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5NcJWkWdPE

  4. #344

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,856
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4691
    great 'la califfa' is chosen again. gorgeous piece of music; not used after johnny weir in 2010 as i remember.

    but i don't know if p/t do themselves any favor with this choice. the sp of b/s in 2002 was outstanding. i personally would like to see more fire in p/t's program, you have seen, that they could deliver this, like 2010 free skate. but great this music will be heard again, even if it's for my memory of gorgeous b/s

  5. #345
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    337
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Owww I love that music and loved B/S's sp !
    I'm not bored by choice, P/T are totally different to BS, so can't wait to see this program too !

  6. #346

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,720
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Blumberg and seibert at 1984 Olympics
    Was that when one of the judges decided it wasn't appropriate music for ice dance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    great 'la califfa' is chosen again. gorgeous piece of music; not used after johnny weir in 2010 as i remember.
    I believe Donlan/Speroff skated to Nocturne from Lady Caliph last season.

    It's a beautiful score, so that's great, but why on earth would anyone allow Nikolai Morozov to come anywhere near it?

  7. #347
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,506
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Reading with Google translate, Pang/Tong's new SP is to "Nocturne" selected from the Italian composer who composed "La Califfa" and FS is to ”I dreamed a dream” from musical Les Misérables.
    Not exactly the most original choices and I wish they had got better choreographers. I would have liked to see them go out with a bang.

  8. #348
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,465
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    [QUOTE=Zemgirl;3944960]Was that when one of the judges decided it wasn't appropriate music for ice dance?

    Yes.
    Bordogna said through an interpreter, "Regrettably, they chose a piece of music that doesn't conform to the rules. The rules say you must be able to dance on a dance floor to the music. You can't dance to Scheherazade. You can dance to Bolero. I have no prejudice against this couple. If they had chosen another piece of music, for me, they would have won the silver medal."
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...ies/84-t&d.htm

  9. #349
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    11,168
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Not exactly the most original choices and I wish they had got better choreographers. I would have liked to see them go out with a bang.
    Who else had used those music recently?

    And they are probably not allowed to bang until after Sochi.

  10. #350
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    650
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I just did an interview for my blog at http://www.facebook.com/SkateGuard with Douglas Razzano: http://skateguard1.blogspot.ca/2013/...s-razzano.html and he let me know his programs will be:

    SP: "Clair De Lune" (Claude Debussy)
    FS: "Turandot"/"Nessun Dorma" (Giacomo Puccini)

  11. #351

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    141
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    640
    Any news on Osmond and music choices do this year? I assume Vipond will be doing choreography

  12. #352

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,856
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4691
    Quote Originally Posted by N_Halifax View Post
    I just did an interview for my blog at http://www.facebook.com/SkateGuard with Douglas Razzano: http://skateguard1.blogspot.ca/2013/...s-razzano.html and he let me know his programs will be:

    SP: "Clair De Lune" (Claude Debussy)
    FS: "Turandot"/"Nessun Dorma" (Giacomo Puccini)

  13. #353
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,050
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Doug Ledret's (sp?) Music taste is rivaled only by Tom Zakrajsek and Yao Bin. The three of them should get together.
    Last edited by Jun Y; 06-26-2013 at 01:25 PM.

  14. #354
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Shamelessly fangirling
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,774
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5115
    Quote Originally Posted by N_Halifax View Post
    I just did an interview for my blog at http://www.facebook.com/SkateGuard with Douglas Razzano: http://skateguard1.blogspot.ca/2013/...s-razzano.html and he let me know his programs will be:

    SP: "Clair De Lune" (Claude Debussy)
    FS: "Turandot"/"Nessun Dorma" (Giacomo Puccini)
    IIRC Doug has used both of those pieces in the past.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

  15. #355
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,506
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Who else had used those music recently?
    Why does it have to be recently to be overused or not original. Les Mis is this season's Black swan.

  16. #356
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,592
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Who else had used those music recently?

    And they are probably not allowed to bang until after Sochi.
    Jeremy Abbott and Yu Na Kim both skated to Les Miserables last season. I don't remember what sections Kim skated to (Abbott stuck with "Bring Him Home")

  17. #357

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    My prediction is
    last season: Black Swan
    this season: Les Miserable
    next season: Anna Karenina

  18. #358
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    11,168
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Jeremy Abbott and Yu Na Kim both skated to Les Miserables last season. I don't remember what sections Kim skated to (Abbott stuck with "Bring Him Home")
    Kim had a large chunk of On My Own and a little bit of everything else except for I Dreamed a Dream.

    No one skated to I Dreamed a Dream for a long time I don't think. Actually I don't remember anyone skating to it ever.

    Also, I don't remember anyone skating to La Califfa since B&S in 2002, i.e. 12 seasons ago. And before that I don't know who else skated to it.

    (but I don't watch a lot of skating prior to the 90s and don't watch dance)

  19. #359

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,720
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Also, I don't remember anyone skating to La Califfa since B&S in 2002, i.e. 12 seasons ago. And before that I don't know who else skated to it.
    Johnny Weir's 2010 LP was in part to Lady Caliph, and as I noted earlier, American pair Donlan/Speroff used it for their SP last season. Can't think of anyone else, though.

  20. #360
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    11,168
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Johnny Weir's 2010 LP was in part to Lady Caliph, and as I noted earlier, American pair Donlan/Speroff used it for their SP last season. Can't think of anyone else, though.
    Thanks Zemgirl. I only remember Weir having skated to Dr Zhivago, Rondo and the Swan. i.e. I only remember the good years.

Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •