Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by junior miss View Post
    any music
    choreography news on Virtue and Moir?
    I have only read that it will be "classic and elegant" but not the same as Mahler since they believe they are not the same skaters now as they were then. (Crosses fingers for a ballet)

vCash
    Hmmmm...wouldn't Daphnis et Chloe be great?
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    I have only read that it will be "classic and elegant" but not the same as Mahler since they believe they are not the same skaters now as they were then. (Crosses fingers for a ballet)
    Not, I assume, this kind of "classical and elegant"?

vCash
    Everyone who thinks that Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir's Carmen was too much, will always believe it. From the first moment I saw it, I thought it was great and something very different with a complete new perspective on an old piece of music and insanely difficult. From what I have read and heard from critics as well as commenters, I am not alone with this. Until the end of the season, it was called the most artistic program under the CoP. In the end, art is always two things: firstly, subjective and secondly, controversial. So, for me, Carmen was a complex, intricate masterpiece of art.

Concerning Scheherazade: although, it is Rimski-Korsakow most famous composition because of the Arabic theme of One Thousand and One Nights, it is not my favourite of his. He is famous for using old folk tales as a basis for his music. Personally, I hoped for more from them and therefore, that it remains rumour. Scheherazade is dramatic with some tension and great harmonic, vivid orchestration, but it is not very complex overall. I am not against overusing music; they are used so often for reason.

vCash
    Alexandra Paul/Mitchell Islam CAN

SD: Music from the musical 'Crazy for You' by George and Ira Gershwin (apparently it will be a foxtrot and quickstep combo)

FD: Music from the "W.E." soundtrack by Abel Korzeniowski

Announced via Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/AlexandraPaulMitchellIslam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Alexandra Paul/Mitchell Islam CAN

SD: Music from the musical 'Crazy for You' by George and Ira Gershwin (apparently it will be a foxtrot and quickstep combo)

FD: Music from the "W.E." soundtrack by Abel Korzeniowski

Announced via Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/AlexandraPaulMitchellIslam
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PguF07JJf8g

vCash
    According to David Wilson, Hanyu is going to skate to 'passionate and romantic' music from a movie soundtrack, for his free skate. He's going to skate it for the first time next week at Dreams on Ice in Japan.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    Well I am not thrilled about it, but it could have been worse choice.
    I didn't loath Carmen, but I am sure sick of hearing it during ice dancing competition.
    I've often wondered why Carmen and Swan Lake is used so much - over and over again. It's like if one skater uses it, then other skaters just have to use it, too. It reminds me of the ending from the movie, Thelma and Louise ... "Hey Thelma!" "What, Louise!" "Let's go jump off a cliff!" "Okay, Louise! ... "Wheee! ... Thump!"

Seriously, though. Just because one skater uses the music doesn't mean that all the other skaters have to use it over and over again. Sometimes, originality is better.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    I've often wondered why Carmen and Swan Lake is used so much - over and over again. It's like if one skater uses it, then other skaters just have to use it, too. It reminds me of the ending from the movie, Thelma and Louise ... "Hey Thelma!" "What, Louise!" "Let's go jump off a cliff!" "Okay, Louise! ... "Wheee! ... Thump!"

Seriously, though. Just because one skater uses the music doesn't mean that all the other skaters have to use it over and over again. Sometimes, originality is better.
    I think that both belong to this kind of music that nobody can tell you that you had an ambiguous music choice.And they sound nice even to non experts,sometimes I've seen people watching a Swan Lake or Carmen program and being carried away by the music thinking that the actual skating is far more better than it really is.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    zotza, you do have a point there. I'm just thinking about all the other choices of beautiful music that could also be used.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    When was the last time Sheherazade was used by ice dancers? I am really interested in seeing some free dances with this music, preferably under 6.0.
    Sonia Heinie used it. Isn't that enough?

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    I just think it's being used and used again just because it is indeed great music.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mathil View Post
    According to David Wilson, Hanyu is going to skate to 'passionate and romantic' music from a movie soundtrack, for his free skate. He's going to skate it for the first time next week at Dreams on Ice in Japan.
    Hanyu said also his free program is storical and easy to express emotions in radio interview
    Last edited by torren; 06-23-2013 at 07:00 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    I just think it's being used and used again just because it is indeed great music.
    It's not over used for ice dance.Now maybe if we were talking about The Feeling Begins
    I'm excited

vCash
    Hannah Miller's new programs, choreographed by Daniil Barantsev, are "Firebird" by Igor Stravinsky (SP) & "Primavera" by Ludovico Einaudi (FS) - as posted in her blog today (6/23): http://hannahmiller1.wordpress.com
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-23-2013 at 11:54 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    deleted post
    Last edited by karlon; 06-24-2013 at 05:18 AM.

vCash
    When was the last time Sheherazade was used by ice dancers? I am really interested in seeing some free dances with this music, preferably under 6.0.
    Blumberg and seibert at 1984 Olympics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcmLc_XSp7Y

Don't know if this was the last time.

Macleod and Raitt pro competition 1982

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWfz25oQ8Dc
    Last edited by Iceman; 06-25-2013 at 11:54 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Blumberg and seibert at 1984 Olympics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcmLc_XSp7Y

Don't know if this was the last time.
    This music was more used in pair skating (the last time this was Totmynina-Marinin and Zhangs). Plus single skaters like this muisc.

vCash
    Reading with Google translate, Pang/Tong's new SP is to "Nocturne" selected from the Italian composer who composed "La Califfa" and FS is to ”I dreamed a dream” from musical Les Misérables. Anyone is welocome who can voluntarily translate/explain the article below.
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2013-06-..._bid=250318924

Is their SP to this music?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCC-kyxM97w

vCash
    yes, Pang/Tong's SP: Nocturne from "Lady Caliph",Music by:Ennio Morricone ,performed by Yo-Yo Ma Choreographer: Nikolai Morozov

FS: I dreamed a dream from “Les Misérables” ,Choreographer: David Wilson.

Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast