Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YukiNieve View Post
    A friend of mine talked with Jason Brown at Ice Dreams show in Oakland and he told her that:

SP: The Question of U (Prince) - the same as this season

FS: Riverdance

Nooooo, Riverdance is one of the pieces of music I hate with a bloody passion.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    A friend of mine talked with Jason Brown at Ice Dreams show in Oakland and he told her that:

Well we haven't seen it since B/K ( or F-P/M I think) ...

Adams SP is not good, however his lp is fantastic.

Abbott is bringing back his program from two years ago???? No! I was hoping he would go for something new and memorable. Exogenesis was good, but he already did all he could with that program (US Nationals).

Evan better update his packaging (costume, hair, color) or that Roxane program is not going to do him any favors. He needs to learn from what happened to Johnny.

Apart from Adam's long program the rest sound underwhelming. Not good for an Olympic year. The ideal is to have memorable and signature programs.

What's this I hear about Ross and Freddy Krueger? this might just be the lp of the year.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    It was mentioned earlier in this thread that Rippon has a new SP choreographed by Cindy Stuart that hasn't been announced yet (he skated last season's SP at Gardena Spring Trophy in April).

Videos of the new short programs of Donlan/Speroff, Baga/Toth and Kayne/O'Shea are posted in the U.S. Pairs thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3936085
    Donlan/Speroff's SP music is "Meditation from Thais" by Jules Massenet, choreographed by Sheryl Franks.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    It was mentioned earlier in this thread that Rippon has a new SP choreographed by Cindy Stuart that hasn't been announced yet (he skated last season's SP at Gardena Spring Trophy in April).

Videos of the new short programs of Donlan/Speroff, Baga/Toth and Kayne/O'Shea are posted in the U.S. Pairs thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3936085

Oh sorry, I just assumed both programs were new. I hope his sp is as good as his long program. He has something very special there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Oh no!

If he had to keep a program, why couldn't it have been Liebestraume?
    Even though I enjoyed Jason's Prince program, and I also like Prince and his music very much, I would agree that Liebestraume for Jason last season is more special. So, if he was going to keep one of those programs for the Olympic season, why not Liebestraume instead? Then use Riverdance for a sp. Oh well, I love watching Jason skate to whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post

Abbott is bringing back his program from two years ago???? No! I was hoping he would go for something new and memorable. Exogenesis was good, but he already did all he could with that program (US Nationals).
    Jeremy has a special feeling for his Muse program, and he choreographed it with Yuka too, so I'm excited to see Jeremy bring it back and try to take the program to new heights. Despite skating it best at Nats, he did have a minor doubling of a triple, so he never skated it that season completely clean. He can raise it to another level I believe. Also, I can't wait to see Jere's Robin Cousins-choreographed sp.

Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post
    ... What's this I hear about Ross and Freddy Krueger? this might just be the lp of the year.
    Interesting ... what have you heard exactly?

Funny, the Krueger reference reminds me of the Friday the 13th-like drama that seemed to be gripping Chan fans early last season. Also, if Ross will be skating to music/ theme in that scary thriller vein, I wonder whether Ross might have been inspired by Alex Johnson using A Nightmare on Elm Street mixed with a waltz for his lp on the suggestion of Tom Dickson. There might indeed be some connection if in fact Dickson is going to be choreographing Ross's lp again this season.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 06-09-2013 at 06:26 AM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    dots may have mixed up the names in referring to this part in the first post of this thread?
    Alex Johnson mentioned near the end of his TSL podcast interview (April 7) that he and Tom Dickson are working on ... a new free skate that he describes as "parts of it are Nightmare on Elm Street, mixed with a waltz... I'm not so sold on it yet... it's kind of a dark piece... totally different than anything I've ever done before."
    Originally posted in his cheer thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3894948
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    ^^ Okay, that would explain it then because Alex's unusual choice of lp music immediately came to mind when I read dot's post referencing Freddy Krueger.

vCash

Yay Riverdance! I had said earlier in the spring that I'd love to see Jason take on Riverdance and looks like my wish came true. I prefer Jason's upbeat programs and found Liebestraume quite a snooze except for the footwork sequence where the arm movement was rivaling that of Plush/Lysacek so I'm glad he's doing something new, and this has the potential to be great! Not a huge fan of the Prince program, however maybe I'd become one if he'd change that terrible costume and wear something less outlandish that doesn't distort his lines.

vCash
    ^^ Yeah well, I just think it all proves that Jason can skate to practically anything! He's that talented and he has great range and musicality. ITA, he should update his sp costume when bringing back the same program. Maybe Rohene will give the sp some new moves as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    ^^ Okay, that would explain it then because Alex's unusual choice of lp music immediately came to mind when I read dot's post referencing Freddy Krueger.
    Freddy Krueger? I am scared to even imagine what costume he will wear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    MAYLIN HAUSCH / DANIEL WENDE

SP: November Rain (Guns N'Roses, performed by David Garett), choreo Anjelika Krylova
    LP: --- they keep their old program; doesn't know if that means 'Your Highness' (LP of 2011/2012) or the LP which was planned for 2012/2013 (don't know the music)
    Never heard of them, but I'm thrilled someone is using this song FINALLY!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    ^^ They are a German pairs team: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrH6TFdu4Ig

Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    Freddy Krueger? I am scared to even imagine what costume he will wear.
    Well, the Nightmare on Elm Street music will be mixed with a dark waltz in this vein I would imagine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS-fBWGtd5s Hayley Westenra's Dark Waltz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-_Xx9Dn0aI Nightmare on Elm Street

Judging by Alex's last season costume, he and his coach/ choreographer, Tom Dickson, are not going to go too overboard. They'll likely continue allowing the skating and choreo to take the lead.

It'd be freakin' fantastic to see Alex pull up to a podium position at Nats!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Judging by Alex's last season costume, he and his coach/ choreographer, Tom Dickson, are not going to go too overboard. They'll likely continue allowing the skating and choreo to take the lead.
    Thanks for your post. I'm actually really curious to see how it will work. There are so many awesome pieces of music out there and it's great to see someone thinking out of the box and not doing the obvious. Eventhough I wouldn't mind seeing someone skating with a shirt like this: http://sharp-jelly.com/images/freddy-krueger-02.jpg lol

vCash
    ^^ Might scare the judges into giving Chan-like levels and GOEs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Nooooo, Riverdance is one of the pieces of music I hate with a bloody passion.
    I love Riverdance.

vCash
    I stand corrected. It's Alexander, not Ross, who's skating to Elm Street.

I hope he uses the Krueger Lullaby.

"1...2... Freddy is coming for you...."

Creepy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    I love Riverdance.
    Riverdance is so 90's

vCash
    From recent Yulia Lipnitskaia's interview: both her programs will be choreographed by Averbukh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    From recent Yulia Lipnitskaia's interview: both her programs will be choreographed by Averbukh.
    excellent choice

vCash
    I love this thread but the one thing that I am anticipating more than the music and the moves: Costumes!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast