Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleWallie View Post
    That is a really great version. Thanks.

vCash
    It's Tone Loc, people!

vCash
    Evgeni Plushenko's FS will be "Best of Plushenko", set to different music pieces he skated to in the past such as "Godfather", "Adagio", "Tosca", "Tango Amore". I also remember hearing "Sheherazade" and "Tango de Roxanne" when I was at the training camp in Italy in July, but they might have changed the selection since. Today Plushenko announced his FS music in an interview with allsport.ru, so it is no secret anymore: http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/11164.html
    The SP is "The Girl Like You" by Okean Elzy as announced earlier.

vCash
    Is tribute to old programs the new trend this season? Plushenko joins Chan and to a lesser extent Tomas Verner in announcing a new program based on old programs and music. I don't get it, are there not enough warhorses for everyone to get their pick this year?

I hope this stops before Lysacek reprises Carmen and/or España Cañí and Joubert goes back to The Matrix

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Is tribute to old programs the new trend this season? Plushenko joins Chan and to a lesser extent Tomas Verner in announcing a new program based on old programs and music. I don't get it, are there not enough warhorses for everyone to get their pick this year?

I hope this stops before Lysacek reprises Carmen and/or España Cañí and Joubert goes back to The Matrix
    I thought the same when hearing about Patrick Chan going back to "Four Seasons". Maybe everybody now should go back and skate to old music. Joubert *has* to do Matrix. ;-)

And we forgot about Adelina Sotnikova, returning to "Capriccio Espagnol" from 2010/11. :-)
    Last edited by Eislauffan; 08-26-2013 at 02:42 PM. Reason: added info

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    ...I hope this stops before ...Joubert goes back to The Matrix
    ROTFL!!!

re. Plush's new-oldie-goldies: this means that the arm-flapping footwork will be in evidence, eh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Evgeni Plushenko's FS will be "Best of Plushenko", set to different music pieces he skated to in the past such as "Godfather", "Adagio", "Tosca", "Tango Amore". I also remember hearing "Sheherazade" and "Tango de Roxanne" when I was at the training camp in Italy in July, but they might have changed the selection since. Today Plushenko announced his FS music in an interview with allsport.ru, so it is no secret anymore: http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/11164.html
    I didn't know he's going to use Okean's song. I'm not a fan of his skating but still what a great news for me! I love Okean and Slava Vakarchuk and I was secretly dreaming about someone skating to this song for years (the violin part is just perfect for figure skating). here's the music if anybody is interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii5YNU0Q5ak

and while I don't like his skating that much I always find this man amusing. his long program looks like some kind of self-tribute I'm happy he's back.

also I love Yuna's choices!

vCash

vCash
    I thought the same when hearing about Patrick Chan going back to "Four Seasons". Maybe everybody now should go back and skate to old music. Joubert *has* to do Matrix. ;-)
    I can just imagine the reaction here if he does...

And we forgot about Adelina Sotnikova, returning to "Capriccio Espagnol" from 2010/11. :-)
    And then there's Yuzuru Hanyu with Romeo and Juliet, take 2.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I have to be honest, I didn't care for a lot of these skaters' programs the first time either... oh well.

vCash
    Okay, but if Yu Na is going to skate to Send in the Clowns, can I start the petition now for her to not dress as a clown? Otherwise I just spend the entire season making random, distressed post about how "that music isn't about clowns!"

vCash
    Misha Ge (UZB) has uploaded his SP video from the Asian Open and written an explanation to go with it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V5SkJlYnY0
    An excerpt:
    About this Program : "This Program is very "Special" to me and to skate it .
    When i was 4 years old it is first song that i start move and skate artistically to music
    ( that when my parents and my grandfather see my artistic sides in first time )
    Adagio in G Minor is also one of most deepest song from all classical musics .
    It shows drama , passion , pain , love , heart-touching , and many things that we feel inside our hearts .
    I wanted to skate this music for few years , and i think now its a time to skate it .
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Okay, but if Yu Na is going to skate to Send in the Clowns, can I start the petition now for her to not dress as a clown? Otherwise I just spend the entire season making random, distressed post about how "that music isn't about clowns!"
    I posted this over at GSU:

If Alena Leonova were skating to Clowns I'd be afraid she'd dress up like a clown on the ice. Then again, she's already mastered the Bozo on ice look. Yu-Na isn't that campy so I'm not expecting a full-on clown outfit and makeup. She may not acknowledge the "clown" theme at all or if she does it will be subtle. Her fashion choices aren't always perfect but she's never had a flat out horrible dress which is more than can be said for a number of skaters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I posted this over at GSU:

If Alena Leonova were skating to Clowns I'd be afraid she'd dress up like a clown on the ice. Then again, she's already mastered the Bozo on ice look. Yu-Na isn't that campy so I'm not expecting a full-on clown outfit and makeup. She may not acknowledge the "clown" theme at all or if she does it will be subtle. Her fashion choices aren't always perfect but she's never had a flat out horrible dress which is more than can be said for a number of skaters.

Honestly, even subtle clown elements will illicit the same reaction from me. Because the clowns are a metaphor! After S&S actually dressed up as clowns, I trust no one.

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Evgeni Plushenko's FS will be "Best of Plushenko",
    I'm not sure whether to be more , or .

Was it you who kept ranting about it when S/S had their clown costumes? I remember there was a poster (or two) who brought it up every time.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    Was it you who kept ranting about it when S/S had their clown costumes? I remember there was a poster (or two) who brought it up every time.
    It certainly was me, but it wasn't just me. Lol. It was me and some of my closest friends! And a few people I don't actually know at all...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Misha Ge (UZB) has uploaded his SP video from the Asian Open and written an explanation to go with it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V5SkJlYnY0
    An excerpt:
    About this Program : "This Program is very "Special" to me and to skate it .
    When i was 4 years old it is first song that i start move and skate artistically to music
    ( that when my parents and my grandfather see my artistic sides in first time )
    Adagio in G Minor is also one of most deepest song from all classical musics .
    It shows drama , passion , pain , love , heart-touching , and many things that we feel inside our hearts .
    I wanted to skate this music for few years , and i think now its a time to skate it .
    One more skater who is reusing music in the Olympic season.

vCash
    Honestly, even subtle clown elements will illicit the same reaction from me. Because the clowns are a metaphor! After S&S actually dressed up as clowns, I trust no one.
    Still the fact remains that (at least for me) S/S's having the literal clowns theme just added an element of theatrical fascination to a lyrical, magical program. I was just mesmerized by their performances all season long

vCash
    I don't think you have to worry about Yuna doing anything 'loud' or showy. There will be a triple lutz/triple toe combo, a triple flip and a double axel. People will "ooo". People will "aaa". It will be lovely.

vCash
    Looking forward to Yuna's programs, and Denis Ten's! Great music choices.

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast