Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    YEAH!
    vCash
    IIRC in previous years, there were two threads. One for just the posting of music selections, and one thread like this one for discussion. I don't think anyone would object to someone starting a clearly labelled thread to be updated with music selections only. The mods would probably make it a sticky. I'm not about to wade through all these pages to gather the info, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Chan falls on his jumps. He isn't doing any transitions in mid-air.
    Have you ever figure skated....EVER!? Anyone who HAS figure skated will know that this is the dumbest post of all time.

Jumps are exponentially harder with even the most simple of transitions. Try your hand at challenging and intricate transitions, then pack them into your program, then try to deal with how tired you are from merely attempting the transitions. Now try adding jumps please.

vCash
    Shibutanis:

SD: Michael Buble
    FD: Micahel Jackson medley, including Wanna Be Startin’ Something, Thriller and instrumental version of Ben

http://maiaandalex.com/2013-2014-program-announcement/

vCash
    MJ for the shibs? Out of the box for them, I suppose, but so was their frankly weird sd from last year. Hopefully it'll work..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    Shibutanis:

FD: Micahel Jackson medley, including Wanna Be Startin’ Something, Thriller and instrumental version of Ben

Learned so much about their thinking from the announcement. (Classy website too). The short dance sounds like a very natural choice right in their sweet spot.

Cool for them to continue taking such an authentic and multi disciplinary approach! Travis Payne, Michael Jackson's choreographer from "This Is It". Originally recorded music by a group from Japan. Lots of good stuff. Looking forward to seeing what sounds like an enjoyable program.

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    I've been listening to 1966 and these instrumentals are really beautiful and dynamic. I'm very curious to see how it all comes together.

vCash
    According to this Russian article, both of Radionova's new SP and FS are choreographed by Ilia Averbukh. Radionova explains that her SP is classic but combined with modernism, FS is Latin, and her SP and FS are so different from each other.
    http://fsrussia.ru/news/626_elena-ra...na-stabilnost/

Some people tweeted that Radionova's SP is Anna Karenina. I heard it is written in "World Figure Skating", a magazine published in Japan. Gachinski and Radionova, then who is the next to use the music?

YEAH!
    vCash
    That sounds awesome! Lipnitskaya is working with Averbukh too, right, or am I confusing them?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    That sounds awesome! Lipnitskaya is working with Averbukh too, right, or am I confusing them?
    Yes, you're right. In one of his recent interviews Ilia mentioned that he hopes to be present in Sochi also as a choreographer and named those he worked with towards the Olympic season:

I've created programs for Yulia Lipnitskaya who will fight to get to the Games. Ice dance couple Nelli Zhiganshina/Alexander Gazsi are "my guys" whom I'm working with for two years already. Before the Olympic season I was the choreographer of their programs once again. Also I've choreographed free dance for the couple Victoria Sinitsina/Ruslan Zhiganshin, and also I've worked with Elena Rodionova, who unfortunately can't come to Sochi because of her age

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    Yes, you're right. In one of his recent interviews Ilia mentioned that he hopes to be present in Sochi also as a choreographer and named those he worked with towards the Olympic season:
    Thank you for the information. That is great - I am glad for the continued collaboration with Zhiganshina/Gazsi, and also for Sinitsina/Zhiganshin. S/Z really need better, more interesting and mature programs than last season. I hope that Averbukh can accomplish that for their FD. And, of course, hoping for something better for Lipnitskaya. I think Radionova had a better LP than Lipnitskaya, but things definitely can be improved.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    The organizers would be silly if they involve him in the Opening and Closing ceremonies.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Ooh - maybe Sinitsina and Zhiganshin won't have Die Fledermaus now...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Courtney Hicks has announced her music: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    I'm glad Cassar is still involved in figure skating as a choreographer. I'm thrilled with Cortney's "Evita". She is planning to skate at L.A. Open this weekend, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    Shibutanis:

Wonderful!

They keep challenging themselves each year, and that will make them stronger in the long run.

I still see them as the front runners for 2018.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post
    Wonderful!

They keep challenging themselves each year, and that will make them stronger in the long run.

I still see them as the front runners for 2018.
    I don't see their previous programs as challenging themselves. In their last season SD probably, but otherwise no.The 'Memoirs of Geisha' FD was different from their previous senior programs, but I hardly see that as challenging themselves considering that they had done Asian themed programs at least twice while they were juniors + they themselves are of Asian (Japanese) descent. That said, I did like their last season programs, especially that FD, and I hope that their new programs will be even better and more interesting.

vCash
    Richard Dornbush spoke to Sarah & Drew about his new programs in the latest edition of their blog (scroll down): http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Relevant excerpt:
    He told us that both of his programs for the coming season were choreographed by Mark Pillay, who did his U2 short program last year. We thought that program was quite wonderful, so we're excited to see what's coming next.

Dornbush's short program is set to Sons of Italy.

"It hasn't been performed on a really high level that I know of since Kurt Browning did it in the 1990-91 season," Dornbush said. "It's more of a character piece."

Dornbush is very excited about his new free skate, to a Beatles medley. He says it's a "roller coaster," with several variations in tempo.

"It's very subtle in the beginning; people won't really know what the music is, and the further it goes, it becomes more and more clear that it's the Beatles," Dornbush said. "It starts slow and then speeds up through the footwork, and then there's a slow part to a John Lennon piece, and then the ending picks up again."
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-10-2013 at 07:08 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Please tell me the Lennon piece isn't "Imagine," or I will be forced to vomit profusely.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    ^^^ My guess is that it's "Imagine."

Re-posting this news video link from the Kaetlyn Osmond fan thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3953855
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    A tidbit I came across today.......it's in French, but it's about Kaetlyn's fittings for her costuming this year.......here's the link: http://fr.video.sympatico.ca/actuali...1#.Ud3jEUqJ5lQ
    Quote Originally Posted by honey View Post
    She said in the piece the short is from Sweet Charity and the long is Cleopatra.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-11-2013 at 02:27 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Sounds like great choices for her and the costumes look simple but very nice.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    My question is - If Chan's difficult transitions don't transition into successful jumps, why are the transitions considered successful?

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast