Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

vCash
    I hope their music cut uses the final part of Schez, that isn't heard enough in skating.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    I hope their music cut uses the final part of Schez, that isn't heard enough in skating.
    Yes! I adore the violin solo at the very end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    Yes! I adore the violin solo at the very end.
    me too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    It's very ethereal.

vCash
    Re-posting from the Chinese news thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by whispering View Post
    Han Yan's short programme will be Minor Waltz (Laurent Korcia) and Viper's Drag ( Nigel kennedy's version)
    Quote Originally Posted by whispering View Post
    Han Yan talked about his new programmes during the press conference of Artistry On Ice: http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2013-06-..._bid=246472924

The short(music had been revealed,Minor waltz mixed with Viper's drag) is about a guy falls in love with a girl and do some crazy things,and Han Yan added later on his weibo " it's quite hoodlumish."

And the Long is from the soundtrack " Hannibal" and he is going to portrait Dr. Hannibal Lecter.According to the weibo of Han Yan's fan club, the music piece he use is "gourmet valse tartare" mixed with "the blue danube"from Strauss II. Lori choreographed a short programme with "gourmet valse tartare" for Patrick Chan back in 2006,but someone who apparently listened to the new music cut said it's very different from Patrck's.

Han Yan said the short is fun and the long is "unbelievably difficult".
    "Gourmet Valse Tartare" from the Hannibal film soundtrack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApGp_FPHIT0

There's a "Minor Waltz" (second track) on the album titled Doubles Jeux (Laurent Korcia): http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7537418
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-19-2013 at 04:07 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    Doppio Axel posted on its facebook page that Davis/White's Free Dance might be Sheherazade, according to a rumour.
    What would the Olympics be without Scheherazade? (I also hope this is just a rumor)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    Doppio Axel posted on its facebook page that Davis/White's Free Dance might be Sheherazade, according to a rumour.
    And people say Carmen is overused.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    And people say Carmen is overused.
    When was the last time Sheherazade was used by ice dancers? I am really interested in seeing some free dances with this music, preferably under 6.0.
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    When was the last time Sheherazade was used by ice dancers? I am really interested in seeing some free dances with this music, preferably under 6.0.
    I can't recall, but considering it was used by two of the current OGMs within the past five years, I'd hardly consider this an original choice. OTOH, I can't blame skaters for playing to their strengths in an Olympic year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    Doesn't matter. Its still an old warhorse.

vCash
    Well I am not thrilled about it, but it could have been worse choice.
    I didn't loath Carmen, but I am sure sick of hearing it during ice dancing competition.
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    Twitter:

Derek Hough ‏@derekhough 1h
    Charlie and Meryl makin some shapes https://vine.co/v/huzervzp6YU

vCash
    I'm having a bit of a chuckle at certain people hating on D/W (I assume they are V/M fans) for their choice of Sheherezade, and yet, what did V/M use last season...?

vCash
    Looks like Denis Ten and Carolina Kostner are currently in Toronto getting their programs done ... http://instagram.com/p/awsIMfu41Q/#
    Can't wait to hear about their music selections :-)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    I'm having a bit of a chuckle at certain people hating on D/W (I assume they are V/M fans) for their choice of Sheherezade, and yet, what did V/M use last season...?
    Actually, I have anothing against Shez as a music piece. Its just the choreo one fears. DW have been very repetitive in movement already. If you play a couple of their programs side by side you can easily pick this out. While I was one of those who was really upset that VM ( my favourites) chose Carmen I liked what they did with it. And no one can say it was same ole same ole.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Actually, I have anothing against Shez as a music piece. Its just the choreo one fears. DW have been very repetitive in movement already. If you play a couple of their programs side by side you can easily pick this out. While I was one of those who was really upset that VM ( my favourites) chose Carmen I liked what they did with it. And no one can say it was same ole same ole.....
    I like VM, but I did NOT like what they did with Carmen...I thought some of their moves and lifts were way too suggestive and borderline lewd. They made me quite uncomfortable.

My favorite dance they ever did was that Mahler piece at the Olympics...that was sublime!

vCash
    any music
    choreography news on Virtue and Moir?

vCash
    ^^^ All that is publicly known is that Virtue/Moir have spent some time in Montreal with Jean-Marc Généreux, a French Canadian ballroom dance champion and choreographer - he tweeted this photo with them on April 9: http://pic.twitter.com/8ooQZSoPUH
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Genereux has choreographed for "So You Think You Can Dance" and was the head judge of "So You Think You Can Dance Canada."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    ^^^ All that is publicly known is that Virtue/Moir have spent some time in Montreal with Jean-Marc Généreux, a French Canadian ballroom dance champion and choreographer - he tweeted this photo with them on April 9: http://pic.twitter.com/8ooQZSoPUH
    He most likely worked on their SD, since he has choreographed quickstep dances.

Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Actually there are a lot of people on 'FSUniverse' who are always disappointed with any skater using music that has already been used a lot, and many of them are neither V/M, nor D/W fans. But, of course, parapluies is a Tessa and Scott fan .
    Last edited by lauravvv; 06-20-2013 at 07:52 PM.

vCash
    Deleted Post

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast