Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

vCash
    "A Skater's Life - Music Design (Figure Skating) - 2012-13 Figure Skating - Courtesy CBC - [music editor] Hugo Chouinard bio" - choreographer Julie Marcotte is also interviewed in this 3-minute feature from this past season (Virtue/Moir's "Carmen" was edited by Chouinard, for example): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR-6G0wj8so
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-11-2013 at 11:25 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I posted the video of JiJun's new SP here
    Music: "Danzarin" by Tango Lorca
    Choreo: Lori Nichol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Thank you for the link to Zijun Li's SP at the June 10th Guangzhou show of "Artistry on Ice"!

ETA this excerpt from the Kiss and Cry forum: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3936407
    Two U.S. JGP dance teams debuted their Junior free dances at the Picken Pro-Am comp. on 6/8:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun Y View Post
    Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter. Costume: Burgundy or dark red dress with black tights for her and white shirt, burgundy vest, and black pants for him. Music: Sherlock Holmes movie soundtrack and the waltz from The Godfather soundtrack.

Rachael & Michael Parsons. Costume: She had on a white dress; he had all black. Music: A mostly lyrical (I would guess modern) piano piece with faster techno beat in the second half.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-12-2013 at 04:06 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Thanks!

Oh, Ms. Nichol, when are you going to stop recycling Mirai's programs? Mao's I've Got Rhythm was well, okay since Mao did live it but two choices that Mirai did in just the last couple of seasons for amazing and precious Li? Just...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Thanks!

Oh, Ms. Nichol, when are you going to stop recycling Mirai's programs? Mao's I've Got Rhythm was well, okay since Mao did live it but two choices that Mirai did in just the last couple of seasons for amazing and precious Li? Just...
    ITA. The edited music is exactly the same as Mirai's 2011-2012 sp.....

vCash
    How much is the Chinese fed paying for this recycled crap?

vCash
    All this recycling is exactly why hearing that Max Aaron was working with Lori Nichol had me running for the hills.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    All this recycling is exactly why hearing that Max Aaron was working with Lori Nichol had me running for the hills.
    Did Lori choreograph Mirai's Carmen? Maybe they're calling it "modern" because it was choreographed in modern times?

vCash
    From today's "The Inside Edge" blog (scroll down): http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Jason Brown will be debuting his new Riverdance free skate, choreographed by Rohene Ward, this month at the Broadmoor Open, albeit without all the triples.

"It's extremely hard for me to do, definitely one of the hardest pieces I've done," he said. "I've never had such a fast-paced long before. The steps are very intricate and very cadenced, at different speeds. Rohene always puts a twist on things."

Brown uses his Grand Prix assignment as motivation to push through running sections at altitude.

"When I'm doing my program and I'm dying, I'm like, 'Paris, Paris, Paris!' I'm able to breathe at the end of the footwork. It gives me hope. If I can do it in Colorado, I can do it anywhere."
    (The Broadmoor Open Senior Men's FS is scheduled for Saturday, June 29.)

ETA Further down the blog:
    On the ice, [Becky] Bereswill is enjoying her new partnership with Josh Reagan. They have a new short program, choreographed by Massimo Scali, to "Clair de Lune."
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-12-2013 at 06:43 PM. Reason: To add link

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    I love Riverdance.

So do I! I think it's a great choice for the Olympic season!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Nichol is capable of so much more, as her work with Kostner has shown. Why is it that she gives everyone else warhorses and recycled choreo?

In non-Nichol client updates, Joubert is reportedly making some changes to his LP (minor ones, I assume) and will work with Maksim Staviski on his SP, music currently undecided.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Kiira Korpi just tweeted her thanks to Jeff Buttle on completion of the SP he choreographed for her, along with a photo of the two of them:

https://twitter.com/kiirakorpi_fi/st...42835066982400

Thank you Jeff! So happy about my new short program that we finished today. I have a feeling that it… http://instagram.com/p/aliYvNkAUg/
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Tweet from Richard Dornbush: Choreography with Mark for the long, he is not impressed with my interpretation haha http://instagram.com/p/aeXg3gqGgf/

Mark who? I don't know my choreographers well enough to know, but I'm sure someone here will.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Mark Pillay, who choreographed Dornbush's SP last season.

From earlier in the thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3917371

vCash
    Oh, somehow I didn't see that in my site search. Thanks, Sylvia!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    From recent Yulia Lipnitskaia's interview: both her programs will be choreographed by Averbukh.
    Yulia has always struck me as a smart girl, and I'm glad she's not using Morozov anymore.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/10717.html

Sounds like Voronov and new coach are working with a bunch of folks for choreography and training, including Tarasova
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Kiira Korpi just tweeted her thanks to Jeff Buttle on completion of the SP he choreographed for her, along with a photo of the two of them:

https://twitter.com/kiirakorpi_fi/st...42835066982400

Thank you Jeff! So happy about my new short program that we finished today. I have a feeling that it… http://instagram.com/p/aliYvNkAUg/
    Can't wait to see what Jeff has created for Kiira! I like Kiira, I like Jeff! Whee...
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/10717.html

Sounds like Voronov and new coach are working with a bunch of folks for choreography and training, including Tarasova
    He said he skated his new SP in some shows in Korea. Any videos perhaps?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Thanks!

She'll keep doing it as long as people pay her for it.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast