Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Penny Coomes and Nick Buckland have been working on their programmes with a British dancer called Gareth Woodward. He's danced for Mariah Carey, Cheryl Cole, Take That and Coldplay. Penny's tweet: https://twitter.com/PennyCoomes/stat...39597859737602

vCash
    Love the "Alice In Wonderland" choice and that Eric is composing music for the other program - very interesting choices that will certainly make them stand out. The statement about no skater ever composing music for their own program is erroneous - Dimitri Dimetrenko did throughout his career, and I know there have been others as well, they are just eluding me at the moment..

vCash
    ^ Tim Dolensky

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Wheeler View Post
    It is the Danny Elfman soundtrack (the latest movie).

The interesting thing is that the team hasn't even started the choreography for this program yet. When Vaitsekhovskaya's article came out, I think only Meagan, Eric, and their choreographer really had the idea for it/knew about it. She must be the ultimate spy
    I hope Shawn Sawyer helps them out with their program...

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    This Ice Network article tweeted by @SarahandDrew gives more details about the programs, including the choreographers, Igor Shpilband for the FS ("Ever After") and Catarina Lundgren for the SP ("Papa Can You Hear Me!")

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Here's the relevant excerpt from the Scimeca/Knierim article, linked above:
    Igor Shpilband has choreographed their new free skate, to music from the movie Ever After. The short program, to "Papa, Can You Hear Me," from Yentl, is being choreographed by Catarina Lindgren.
    Adam Rippon's tweets today seem to indicate that his short program is being choreographed by Cindy Stuart:
    So lucky I had the chance to work with 2 incredible choreographers for this upcoming season. Tom Dickson and Cindy Stuart, thank you!

Working with Cindy this morning http://instagram.com/p/YsmtgHvY5K/
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-29-2013 at 10:37 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Well, if nothing else I have to admit Adam has good taste. Just a couple of months ago I was saying Cindy Stuart is vastly underrated (also underrated is Sheryl Franks).

vCash
    Kiri Baga's new SP, presumably choreographed by Garrett Kling as he was the one to share it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21JPgPYfjxE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N_Halifax View Post
    Kiri Baga's new SP, presumably choreographed by Garrett Kling as he was the one to share it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21JPgPYfjxE
    Wow I don't even know she is still pursuing singles. I love her skating.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Kiri Baga confirmed on Twitter yesterday that YAS alum Garrett Kling choreographed her SP (music is "Dark Eyes"). Baga is listed in USFS' International Selection Pool for both singles and pairs.

From a new Agnes Zawadzki article: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Zawadzki is going to keep last season's short program, which was choreographed by David Wilson to Middle Eastern music from Sex and the City 2.
    Wilson also choreographed the new free skate, to a tango medley of "La Cumparsita" and "Jalousie."

"I was going to work with David on a new long the season before, but it was too late to ask him," Zawadzki said. "I'm really happy to work with him again. I love his atmosphere, his personality. He's so fun; he always makes me laugh. We just click as a duo, and I think that's important when you're working on a new program.

"I think it brings something else to the program if you have a good relationship with the choreographer."

Zawadzki couldn't be happier with her free skate music.

"I am absolutely in love with it," she said. "I kind of want to put it on repeat, and I don't care if everyone gets mad because I'm playing my music so much. I think I just have a connection to it; it brings out a fun persona in me. It makes me a bit more confident in myself and a bit more cocky.

"You kind of have to have that persona. I think it's going to help me."
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-02-2013 at 10:14 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Article about Eric Radford's original music composition for Duhamel/Radford's SP: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Last summer, Radford approached choreographer Julie Marcotte about the idea of using music he'd composed in 2006 following the death of his then coach, Paul Wirtz.
    On April 2, Duhamel and Radford attended a recording session overseen by [Louis] Babin where a 16-piece string section recorded the music.

"When they ran through it the very first time, it was intensely emotional," Radford recalled. "It was a similar feeling to when I was standing on the podium at worlds. It felt that amazing.

"Especially with what the song was about for me, to hear it come alive like that was very emotional. It actually brought a tear to my eye."

The recording session was filmed by TSN and CBC to be part of pre-Olympic programming that will air in the fall.

All other instruments besides the strings will be digitally added in, including the piano. Radford has heard rough cuts. The final mixing will take place when he returns to Montreal after Stars on Ice Canada.

Marcotte helped Radford structure the piece of music before the recording session. The actual choreography will take place when they commence training in late spring.

He is prepared for both positive and negative feedback after he and Duhamel debut the program.

"No one can say this music has been overused," he said with a laugh. "It's also reaffirmed what I want to do after skating. I really want to finish my music degree and get into composing and the music industry. It's a nice segue for me to a future chapter in my life."

vCash
    Sean Rabbitt announces his new SP & FS in an all new interview I just posted moments ago at http://www.facebook.com/SkateGuard.

vCash
    ^^ Thanks N_Halifax.

In the athlete photo shoot thread someone posted a link to a funny pic of Christina Gao goofing around with the photographers. It's a gem!

http://instagram.com/p/Y0BxnRJjaP/

If Christina is this gaga over pandas, maybe she might consider this unusual music for a panda-esque sp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su1wK7iCQfQ

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    There's a thread in the Trash Can for posting program music suggestions and fun hypotheticals, BTW: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...ympic-programs

The Skating Lesson posted a video link of Alissa Czisny performing a run through of her free skate last week without jumps - see: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3916101
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Czisny's "Gone with the Wind" FS was choreographed this past season by Marina Zoueva, and I believe the first half includes music from "Ice Palace Suite" (derived from the score of the 1960 film, Ice Palace) composed by Max Steiner, who also composed the score for GWTW.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-04-2013 at 11:55 PM.

vCash
    ^^ Well, let's hope Czisny's chances aren't GWTW. I like the choice of music, but the title's connotations not so much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    ^^ Well, let's hope Czisny's chances aren't GWTW. I like the choice of music, but the title's connotations not so much.
    Can't be any worse than Mirai skating to "Downhill Special" last season.

vCash
    ^^ Uh boy! I wasn't aware of that title until now, fortunately, or not so fortunately.

vCash
    or than people skating to Alicia Keyes' Fallin' or Vise & Baldwin skating this year to Legends of the Fall.

vCash
    ^^ Eh, true perhaps, but Keys' Fallin' theme is about falling in love and I've only seen skaters use that piece of music for exhibitions. Vise/Baldwin's Legends of the Fall is really more about the season and the legends, but point taken.

GWTW has melancholy connotations all the way around, but I suppose it is also about the feisty fortitude of its heroine, which indeed suits Alissa very much. And the music is definitely lovely.

vCash
    I love Alissa and her skating, but I loathe GWTW. Having said that, I'm thrilled that she is competing this season. Do we know what her SP music is?

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast