Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    EEK!

Really!?! OMG I swear I thought it was her (mea culpa). *insert embarrassed emoticon*

Okay, scratch that then, Mark Pallay is my favorite pairs choreographer. His programs for M-T/M were honestly the best I've ever seen! *bow*

vCash
    ^^ Yes definitely, M-T/M's fp is a choreographic masterpiece.

ETA:

I double-checked and it looks like Mark Pillay is the correct spelling
    Last edited by aftershocks; 05-08-2013 at 04:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Thank heavens Sappenfield saw a need for someone else to choreograph their programs. Marcotte is becoming quite the "it girl" for pairs choreography, isn't she?
    She is the best pairs choreographer, by far. Her work for Takahashi/Tran has been extraordinary and with her help Duhamel/Radford have developed into a very interesting team. D/R's SP is probably the most memorable program of last season for me (unusual element layout, loads of transitions).

Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Hopefully they've gone beyond the movie to understand the story, if that's what they are portraying.
    Yeah, because their program is going to have a lot of sophisticated and nuanced expression FO SHO!

I love Marcotte but you can't get blood out of a stone.

D/C are solid jumpers and have big pair elements. I wish their coach would address their horrible posture and work with them on developing expression appropriate to the music they are skating to instead of the constant 'cheerleaders on acid'.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 05-10-2013 at 12:58 PM.

vCash
    New article on Caydee Denney and John Coughlin. Reads:-

What little offseason there is in figure skating is long finished for 2012 U.S. national pairs champions John Coughlin and Caydee Denney.

"The time off for the injury was our offseason," Coughlin said recently. "We have been working full-time now to be ready for the coming season and getting ready for (the 2014) nationals."

The pair skipped the 2013 U.S. national championships after it was determined Coughlin required surgery to repair a torn hip labrum.

The surgery in December 2012 was a success, Coughlin said recently. After nine weeks away from the ice, the duo went back to work full-time at the World Arena Ice Hall to prepare for international events this fall.

vCash
    The same thing happened to MT/M. They didn't have any competitions after nationals so they could work on the 12-13 season that much sooner than their competiton. Hopefully it will work out for them too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    The same thing happened to MT/M. They didn't have any competitions after nationals so they could work on the 12-13 season that much sooner than their competiton. Hopefully it will work out for them too.
    Yes, but it will be up to D/C to correct the issues holding them back - Ease of movement, displaying their inner personalities and engaging the audience, putting more soul into their skating, weaving it seamlessly into their elements. That's a taller order than just coming up with some new tricks. However, a second set of SBS triples wouldn't hurt either ...

vCash
    ^^ Also, improving posture and line, and creating their own identity on the ice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123