Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

Where do you like to sit on the plane?

Found an article about the most popular seats on planes.

http://www.theage.com.au/travel/trav...415-2hvrl.html

For myself I always want a window seat so I get a view. And I tend to go for one up the back as there seems to be more likelihood that you get a vacant seat beside you.

Does anyone actually like sitting in the middle?
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Interesting article. I struggle between wanting to get up easily, without bothering anyone, and wanting to look out the window. So sometimes I go for the emergency exit window seat - a partial view and get up whenever I want. I've also tried the ones the article refers to as favoured - just where they narrow at the back to two. Then you get extra space around your feet and beside. If I get lucky and bumped to executive class I don't care where I sit!

vCash
    Left side aisle seat for me. I've got long legs, so if I get an aisle seat I can stick them out occasionally. In fact, when my sister and I travel together, we get aisle seats accross the aise from each other.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    In a standard 3 aisle 3 configuration, one of the aisle seats. In one where there's center section, those aisles first: at most, there's an equal number of people I have to get up for, and I don't have to bother anyone to get up.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Aisle seats for flights longer than 6hrs, so that I can use the bathroom and stretch/walk around without bothering the passengers. Window seats for shorter flights b/c I like the view and I don't need to use the bathroom and stretch as much. I avoid the middle seats b/c I still have to bother passengers and I don't get a view. There were a couple of times I got a whole row to myself so I was able to lie down and sleep. These were on the shorter flights though. I wish I was that lucky for the long flights.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I always try to get a seat as far back in the plane as possible. I'm one of the last people to get onto the plane and one of the last to get off. It's so frustrating getting on and having to wait for the people who take FOREVER to put things into overhead bins and gets themselves settled. I just set my bag under my seat, sit down and I'm done. People who stand in the aisle and fiddle around are the WORST. And when getting off...there's no need to stand until the doors are open. Everyone at the front are all jostling each other to get off when you KNOW they will not be able to get off until the doors are opened in at LEAST ten minutes. Plus getting off quickly once the doors open means NOTHING because you're going to wait for half an hour in baggage claim for your luggage to show up anyway. I sit at the very back and relax while sometimes watching the STUPID people up front doing their STUPID things.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Aisle! I have to pee. A lot.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    The most miserable I've ever been on a plane was in a seat just in front of the bathroom. The flight wasn't that long, but I declare, everybody on that plane had to use the toilet. Every time the door opened the smell of disinfectant came wafting out. Better than some other bathroom smells, I guess, but still unpleasant.

vCash
    Aisle if I'm alone. I'll take the middle if I'm with my husband. I'm short so have plenty of legroom . But I get claustrophobic on the little planes where I can't stand up under the bulk head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Grannyfan View Post
    The most miserable I've ever been on a plane was in a seat just in front of the bathroom. The flight wasn't that long, but I declare, everybody on that plane had to use the toilet. Every time the door opened the smell of disinfectant came wafting out. Better than some other bathroom smells, I guess, but still unpleasant.
    Yeah, that's why I wouldn't want the very back of the plane. Don't want to be too close to the bathroom smells. Other than that and the wing seats, I am fine sitting anywhere.
    Figure skating is hard.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    Aisle! I have to pee. A lot.
    Same here.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I prefer window, both for the view and because I don't like to have to keep getting up for other people. And toward the front of the plane so I can get off sooner (2nd or 3rd row of economy is my favourite - it's in front of the wing so good for a view, and whatever "service" there is is sooner). Of course, the best place is anywhere up front in business or first - not that I'd ever pay for it but I've had the occasional upgrade . . .

vCash
    First class!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Same here.
    Yup, another pee-er here. When people ask why I just answer, "Mother to four, mother to FOUR!"

vCash
    Aisle for a day flight, so I can run for the door when the seatbelt sign goes off. Window for redeyes so I can snuggle up with the armrest and fuselage

O-

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Found an article about the most popular seats on planes.

http://www.theage.com.au/travel/trav...415-2hvrl.html

For myself I always want a window seat so I get a view. And I tend to go for one up the back as there seems to be more likelihood that you get a vacant seat beside you.

Does anyone actually like sitting in the middle?
    i actually research the plane before I book to ensure it has a layout that I like.. for example our trip to Europe in June I made sure that the plane had 2 row seats - as its an overnight flight and I like the window and both my daughter/hubby like the aisle - so when we went to Italy hubby and I made sure plane had 2 seat rows and ditto for trip with my daughter in June.. I also make sure the plane has tv's infront of us at the back of the seat of the person in front.. so I can click about and find shows/movies in case I can't sleep.. I also like right at the back - as closer to the washroom but not right at the back as don't want people lining up beside me.. for our local flights (less than 5 hrs) I actually prefer to sit right up front as I only take carry on and want on and off quick..I don't mind the aisle seat for that..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    I can't figure it out!! So many pros/cons to each.

I like the exit row... way more leg room. But then sometimes the seats don't recline and there's no arm rest etc.
    The window seat.. you can lean your head against the window to attempt sleeping better... but have to walk over people to get up.

vCash
    I just booked flights for my daughter to travel to South Africa, and thank God the plane is an Airbus 340-600 that has 2-4-2 seating. It's perfect having a pair of seats for her and her friend next to the window! The leg from New York to Johannesburg is over 15 hours long.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i like the window. last time i was forced to sit in the middle, after 2 drinks i told the guy by the window who was trying to overdose on coffee that i would cut him if he tried to pee one more time.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I always loved to sit by a window so I could look out. The owner of a corporation I once worked for had a six-seater single engine plane. There were a lot of conventions in New Orleans back then, and I would go with my boss and his wife in the plane. He was a great pilot and there was never a problem when he landed the plane. He took us through a cloud one time so we could see how it felt. It was very rough compared to the jet planes like American Airlines, but I loved it!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast