Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

vCash
    Checking in from Boston. We are utterly devastated at what happened in our City today. My prayers go out to the injured and to those who lost their lives today.
    I have been glued to my TV since 3:00 p.m. Our city is in a lock-down for the next 24-48 hours. I have no words just sadness.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    Didn't USFSA announce today that Boston was the site they're putting forward for the 2016 Worlds? Happy news for Mass. skating fans and then this. I would go to Boston no matter what.
    Terror attacks can happen anywhere.. I remember Oklahoma.. who would have thought a place like that would be attacked?
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Cousin & girlfriend are okay, according to Facebook. Thanks for the prayers and good wishes. Still praying for all the others affected.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I did -- no results yet. But thanks anyway!
    Oh, no! Please, please let us know when you hear from them. I know you will.

Already answered. So relieved for you.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5 View Post
    Checking in from Boston. We are utterly devastated at what happened in our City today. My prayers go out to the injured and to those who lost their lives today.
    I have been glued to my TV since 3:00 p.m. Our city is in a lock-down for the next 24-48 hours. I have no words just sadness.
    we are hearing reports about how great your city is coping with this and offering accomodation for the tourists all stuck there and also giving blood for those injured.. I love your city and won't let this stop me coming again for vacations.. friggin cowards who do this kind of crap..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Cousin & girlfriend are okay, according to Facebook. Thanks for the prayers and good wishes. Still praying for all the others affected.
    Very good news about your family! Hoping for the best for everyone else affected by this. No idea what the lock-down means in terms of work, etc.

vCash
    I'm watching NBC and for the 57th time Brian Williams has asked the person he's interviewing if they anticipated this happening when they woke up today.

I just found out from my Mom that the daughter of a family friend ran the marathon today, she passed the finish line about 30 minutes before the bombs went off. Thankfully, her and her family are ok.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    [QUOTE=4rkidz;3902021]Terror attacks can happen anywhere.. [QUOTE]

Agreed. Boston is one of my fave US cities. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    kittyjake, I know there's nothing I can do or say, but please know there are many millions of people around the World keeping you and your fellow Bostonians in their thoughts and prayers tonight. Including three in this house in Northeastern Ontario. ((((kittyjake and Boston))))

Thanks for letting us know.

I'm reading on Twitter one of the two we know were killed was 8 years old? Just....

vCash
    Housing exchange is up and running. The BAA expects most runners who have been forced out of the Copley area hotels will have a place to stay tonight.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    From Twitter, one of our Sesame Street friends has also tweeted a message...

A_CookieMonster: #prayforboston Me hope you are safe out there!
    And to repeat what the folks on Sesame Street tweeted earlier today, please keep the little ones exposure to the news coverage of not only today, but the coming days as well, as close to as little as possible. Talk to them about it in language they can understand, but try to keep them from seeing the news if you can tonight.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Housing exchange is up and running. The BAA expects most runners who have been forced out of the Copley area hotels will have a place to stay tonight.
    There are many, many good people in the world.

vCash
    I lived in Boston in the 90s...still consider it my 2nd home...I feel your pain and wish I was "back home."

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I did not hear about this at all today until I signed online and saw something on Facebook. I am horrified and thinking of everyone who is there.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Friends and family back home in Boston are OK; my parents were outside all day doing yard/housework and didn't even know about it until I called repeatedly.

Sad. Deeply familiar with Boylston Street, a nice, walkable street with wide sidewalks. The 1st bomb went off directly across from the Boston Public Library where I'd often camped out as a kid doing schoolwork. Looks like the 2nd bomb went off near the busy Walgreen's down the street, directly across from the Prudential Center mall entrance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    From Twitter, one of our Sesame Street friends has also tweeted a message...

And to repeat what the folks on Sesame Street tweeted earlier today, please keep the little ones exposure to the news coverage of not only today, but the coming days as well, as close to as little as possible. Talk to them about it in language they can understand, but try to keep them from seeing the news if you can tonight.
    Just remember that high school kids do not equal "little ones"; even middle school students do not. Ignorance is not good for them. I remember this advice leading even parents of 18 year old seniors to want us to not discuss the events in the aftermath of 9/11.

vCash
    Twitter:

DC Debbie ‏@DCdebbie 5m
    COMMUNITY: According to Boston NPR, over 1,000 people have made their homes available for those who need after Boston Marathon bombing.
    THIS is what Boston is all about!

EDIT:

Boston.com News ‏@BostonDotCom 11m
    RT @bostonglobe: Boston Marathon Toll rises even higher. More than 120 treated at 7 local hospitals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    Friends and family back home in Boston are OK; my parents were outside all day doing yard/housework and didn't even know about it until I called repeatedly.

Sad. Deeply familiar with Boylston Street, a nice, walkable street with wide sidewalks. The 1st bomb went off directly across from the Boston Public Library where I'd often camped out as a kid doing schoolwork. Looks like the 2nd bomb went off near the busy Walgreen's down the street, directly across from the Prudential Center mall entrance.
    So sad. I too used to walk that area all the time; attended many a free summer concert in Copley Square. I feel just gutted by what has happened.

Glad that your friends and family are okay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Just remember that high school kids do not equal "little ones"; even middle school students do not. Ignorance is not good for them. I remember this advice leading even parents of 18 year old seniors to want us to not discuss the events in the aftermath of 9/11.
    I agree that our high schoolers need to know, but there needs to be some limited viewing. I had a freshman son in high school at the time of 9/11. Like many of us, the teachers were glued to the TV. My son came home and said that at some point during the day, the TVs should have been turned off. He said that he could only absorb so much and to hear about heads rolling down the towers over and over again was .... and to know that there was nothing he could do.

UMBS - I am glad you were able to talk to your parents. After your experiences on 9/11 in NYC, I can not imagine the thoughts that had to be going through your mind.

vCash
    Twitter:

BuzzFeed ‏@BuzzFeed 9m
    Great Mr. Rogers quote for times like these https://twitter.com/samir/status/323...653504/photo/1
    TPM Livewire ‏@TPMLiveWire 35s
    NBA Cancels Boston Celtics Game http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.co...n-celtics-game … via @benjysarlin
    Last edited by dardar1126; 04-16-2013 at 01:33 AM.

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast