Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Wcvb has reporters onside and they said that authorities removed the tarp and the person "is moving." That could Lso mean they're moving his body, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Playing devil's advocate here: Are these two really those who set up the bombs at the finish line? Their family does not believe it. What kind of proof can be given?

Mistakes have been made in the past (e.g. Atlanta Olympics). What if these two are not the killers? (They did kill the MIT police officer however).
    Video footage, pictures of them at the scene. (Granted, if they're blurry, one could argue it's a false ID.)
    Details of what was found at their residence might also prove their involvement, although the authorities have not made those details public (wisely). Bomb materials can be very distinctive.
    If they do catch this guy alive....a confession.

Quadless
    vCash
    Playing devil's advocate here: Are these two really those who set up the bombs at the finish line? Their family does not believe it. What kind of proof can be given?
    They're not seeking to convict at this point, only apprehend, so proof isn't exactly needed. But you're right, maybe it's just coincidental that a few bombs were set off on Monday, and last night on Thursday, two guys who just happen to have been at the scene car jack someone, tell them that they're the marathon bombers, and then leave a wake of explosives in their trail.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Lots of shots being fired in small bursts.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    Assuming the guy who they carjacked is truthful, the brothers admitted they were the marathon bombers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    They're not seeking to convict at this point, only apprehend, so proof isn't exactly needed. But you're right, maybe it's just coincidental that a few bombs were set off on Monday, and last night on Thursday, two guys who just happen to have been at the scene car jack someone, tell them that they're the marathon bombers, and then leave a wake of explosives in their trail.
    And throw one of the bombs at the police as they escape, and happened to have had several IEDs in the house where they live, and... Yeah.

Police are saying they are sending flash-bang grenades into the area to light it up (night has fallen here), and are reporting no movement.

WBZ reports that the man was found using thermal imaging.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

out in a boat (out and about) in Nova Scotia b'ye!
    vCash
    Now they are saying negative movement on boat again
    The mind of the performer is a very strange thing.
    ~James Galway

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post

Word.
    Figure skating is hard.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Who has the best coverage? I hear network types trying to fill air without info.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

out in a boat (out and about) in Nova Scotia b'ye!
    vCash
    If you want the police scanner it's http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ma-rt-9-window-cam
    The mind of the performer is a very strange thing.
    ~James Galway

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    ATF negotiator is ready to go in
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Who has the best coverage? I hear network types trying to fill air without info.
    I prefer WCVB.com. They have 3 reporters on the ground and tend to be cautious about jumping to conclusions.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash

Mistakes have been made in the past (e.g. Atlanta Olympics). What if these two are not the killers? (They did kill the MIT police officer however).
    I don't recall the falsely IDed gut at the Olympics throwing bombs at the police during a chase. I think it is fairly clear these are the right guys, and I'm sure the FBI will do further investigation to make sure no one else was involved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    The police scanner linked to, above, is helpful.

The live stream on boston.com is helpful:
    http://live.boston.com/Event/Live_bl..._Copley_Square

The Yahoo live stream has been of mixed usefulness, but more useful than places like CNN:
    http://news.yahoo.com/control-room/?vp=1

A police negotiator has been called in. Police are reporting arms moving.

Boat owner went outside to get fresh air. Noticed something a bit off. Got ladder to check it out. Unzipped cover, noticed blood, noticed what he thought was a body. Took off and called the police.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Police are saying they are sending flash-bang grenades into the area to light it up (night has fallen here), and are reporting no movement.]
    British reporter on al jazeera this morning was saying he was likely waiting until dark to make ant moves. The man in the US had to remind her for us that was 10 hours away. Interesting they didn't find him until night.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    There's movement. His arm is moving.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    Assuming the guy who they carjacked is truthful, the brothers admitted they were the marathon bombers
    Again, playing devil's advocate:

What if they said it just to scare him so he would give up the car?

I do want to believe they are the real killers, but do we have indisputable proof that they did it? The video shows them walking and looking calm while others are running/in anquish, etc. That alone would convince me that they did it, but it is not like an eyewitness to the actual crime.

I really believe they capture him alive. We need to know the truth- from him.

It sounds like they did not plan this very well. They did not have an escape plan. They had a couple of days before they were found on the video.

vCash
    The police are moving in formation toward the boat.

vCash
    I believe that Vash's question was more to the what kind of proof could be given to the family since they do not believe it? Which if the family does not believe it, I don't know that any amount of proof will convince them.
    But then only Vash can say what her question was

vCash
    Again, playing devil's advocate:

What if they said it just to scare him so he would give up the car?

I do want to believe they are the real killers, but do we have indisputable proof that they did it? The video shows them walking and looking calm while others are running/in anquish, etc. That alone would convince me that they did it, but it is not like an eyewitness to the actual crime.
    The police have said they will not discuss the evidence they have. We know we don't have all the info now.

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast